Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Star Ocean First Departure R
- Square Enix announced that a remake will be coming to Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch as the remake of PSP version of the original Star Ocean game.
- To sum up that’s a remake of the remake, of the original Star Ocean title. Confused? Well let’s clear that up a bit.
- The original Star Ocean game was released in 1996 on the Super Famicom in Japan by tri-Ace and published by Enix, but was never released officially internationally. The action-RPG Star Ocean: First Departure was released in 2007 on PSP, which was the remake of the original Star Ocean game.
- Now the PSP version is getting a remake for PS4 and Switch, which will come with new features according to Gematsu and will be released worldwide.
- Star Ocean: First Departure R will release on PS4 and Nintendo Switch, so far no price or release window has been mentioned.
For more on this news find it here in Square Enix Announces PS4 And Switch Remake Of PSP Remake Of The Original Star Ocean.
- A new trailer has been revealed for the Atelier franchise, Atelier Ryza. This title will come with improved graphics and a battle system overhaul.
- The Dengeki Playstation magazine has unveiled the latest entry for the long running Atelier series, Atelier Ryza: The Queen of Eternal Darkness and the Secret Hideout. The game is set to launch in Japan this fall on PS4 but no news of other platforms as of yet or an international release.
- The game features enhanced visuals, graphics and facial expressions, making use of a more realistic aesthetic.
- It looks like this will be a new spin on the Atelier games, bringing some new features and a slightly different look to games in the past as well as evolving the game systems.
- While some things have changed, producer Junzo Hosoi assures that “Synthesis, gathering, and battle being the core three elements of the game has not changed.”
- According to an article by Famitsu, there are confirmed plans for a Switch and PC release as well as PS4. PS4 and Switch versions will release this fall in Japan, while the PC version has yet to be announced.
For more on this news find it here in Atelier Ryza Announced for PS4, Set to have More Realistic Graphics Plus Combat System Overhaul.
Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Mark your calendars trainers, as Nintendo have announced a special Nintendo Direct to focus on the upcoming Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.
- A 15 minute livestream presentation is taking place on June 5th featuring Nintendo’s latest entry in the Pokemon series which is set for 6:00 AM PT/9:00 AM ET.
- While the placement image doesn’t reveal much of what is planned for the Direct, it does say it will be 15 minute presentation. Could they be announcing the release date? Or will they be saving that one for their Nintendo E3 2019 press conference. It could be another gameplay presentation showing more of the features that are coming with Sword and Shield.
- While Pokemon Let’s Go was the first title to launch on the Switch (unless you count the free-to-start title Pokemon Quest), it lacked a lot of features that fans of the series knew well. Sword and Shield sets to be the more complete RPG version that has been awaited on the Switch.
For more on this news find it here Pokemon Sword And Shield Nintendo Direct Announced For June 5th.
Youtube Gaming App
- Youtube Gaming which was a standalone gaming website and app has been closed officially on May 30th. A platform that was meant to compete with the likes of Twitch, focused on live streaming for gaming.
- As for what will happen to the features and the content that it provided, it will be generally merging with the main Youtube website. A dedicated gaming section will still be available at Youtube.com/gaming. In a post on the official Youtube Gaming Help, they share that they wish to “…continue to build a stronger home for the gaming community that thrives on YouTube, not just the YouTube Gaming app. After May 2019, we’ll retire the YouTube Gaming app and focus our gaming efforts across YouTube. “
- Youtube Gaming originally launched in 2015, both website and app for Android/iOS has been taken down on May 30th.
For more on this news find it here Google Will Shut Down Youtube Gaming App On May 30th.
Kingdom Come Deliverance
- This week the new DLC for tsshe action-RPG medieval set title Kingdom Come Deliverance launched with a new trailer.
- The trailer shows off the main story of A Woman’s Lot which features the character Theresa. In this DLC you will not only gain a new storyline but be able to play as Theresa. This is the fourth DLC to release for Kingdom Come Deliverance and is available for $11.99.
- Theresa’s story takes place before the attack of Skalitz, she will take on new weapons, new questlines, and gain her own part of the map. She will also be getting her own furry companion, who can attack foes and sniff out quests with the use of the Houndmaster Skill.
- Henry will be making his return in a “big questline” in a “Joan of Arc” styled adventure. What’s also interesting about Theresa’s playthrough, is that your paths will cross with Henry’s.
- Kingdom Come Deliverance has released their Royal Edition for $39.99 which includes the main game all DLCs including A Woman’s Lot on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here Kingdom Come Deliverance A Woman’s Lot DLC Launches With Trailer.
The Outer Worlds
- On Twitter Obsidian Entertainment are asking viewers to look out for a broadcast for The Outer Worlds in the coming weeks from “Los Angelas, California” which points to E3 2019.
- The official The Outer Worlds account has tweeted out for fans of the title to look out for a broadcast happening in the next couple of weeks from “Los Angelas, California, Earth…for [REDACTED]”, which means most likely that’s an E3 reference.
- Since Obsidian was acquired by Microsoft at the end of last year, most likely they will be appearing under Microsoft. So we can add this to the list of predictions for E3 2019 of what could be appearing at Microsoft’s press conference on June 9th.
- The Outer Worlds will be launching exclusively on the Epic Games Store as well as the Windows Store for PC, PS4 and Xbox One in 2019, with no release date announced as of yet.
For more on this news find it here The Outer Worlds Appears To Be Coming To E3 2019.
- In a new video Bigben Interactive and Eko Software share what players can expect for endgame as well as mapping out post launch content in Warhammer Chaosbane.
- You might be wondering what happens after completing the story mode in the action-RPG Warhammer Chaosbane. Developer Eko Software explains that after you run through the story with one character, you can automatically access the end game mechanics with others.
- In-game money and fragments are also shared across the account, so any character can access them, even newly created ones.
- There are three types of endgame mode in Warhammer Chaosbane which includes Expeditions, Relic Hunt and Boss Rush.
- Adding dungeons to the mix, players can venture into these in Relic Hunt mode. These will hold powerful gear which includes heroic sets that will give players permanent bonuses and special skills of that particular set.
- If you’re looking for further challenges, you can find it in Boss Rush mode. A time limited run that lets players fight against bosses they’ve already met through the story mode.
- The developers have outlined there will be some free updates as well as some paid content in the form of season pass.
For more on this news find it here in Warhammer Chaosbane End Game And Post Launch Outlined.
Rumour: Baldur’s Gate 3
- A large number 3 has landed on Larian Studio’s website, and now the internet is in an uproar to find out what the developer is teasing. You might be surprised to hear, however, that clues are pointing to Baldur’s Gate 3 (not Divinity Original Sin 3).
- If you visit the Larian Studios’ website right now, you will be met with a huge “3” on the main page, which has sparked many to guess what Larian are teasing something.
- You might be wondering if it’s the third installment in their well known franchise Divinity Original Sin. But as Larian is already known to be working on Divinity: Fall Heroes this is unlikely, and there are some clues that have pointed this teaser in another direction.
- According to one Twitter poster by the name of kunken, who has looked into the source code of the video that’s currently running on the website, he has found a “BaldursGate_logo_III_retouched.png”.
- This strongly suggests that the game is not DOS III, and in fact we had previously been made aware by several sources that Larian’s next project would not be Divinity. This leads more credibility to this being Baldur’s Gate 3.
- With E3 2019 right around the corner, it will probably be during this time that we’ll hear any confirmation following this teaser.
For more on this news find it here in Larian Studios Teases Baldur’s Gate 3.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- In a short but sweet trailer 505 Games have announced the second playable character for upcoming Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The first character was Miriam who up until has been the feature of gameplay trailers.
- In this latest 30 second trailer it introduces Zangetsu known as the samurai “avenger” who wields a katana as his weapon of choice to hunt demons.
- According to the trailer description, he will be free and playable when Bloodstained is launched in June. The voice of Zangetsu comes from the voice talent David Hayter, who has voiced Snake in the Metal Gear series.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is releasing on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on June 18th, while the Switch version is arriving a few days later on June 25th.
For more on this news find it here in Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Adds Playable Character Zangetsu.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: