Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Focus Home Interactive and developer Lightbulb Crew have announced that the stylishly noir tactical turn-based RPG Othercide will be coming to Xbox one, Playstation 4 and PC on July 28th with Switch release to be coming “soon”.
- Othercide invites a world of horror in turn-based tactical gameplay, where players will experience roguelite features, deadly missions and even perma-death.
- In a story where players take on the role of the Daughters who are trying to survive fighting across a dying timeline to defeat the deadly force known as the Others.
- The artstyle is done a noir-esqe style with pops of red throughout, making it one of most stylish looking tactical RPGs.
- There will be tough decisions to make as Daughters can be sacrificed to restore health of others, meaning you may have to give the life of one to help save the lives of others, but what a price to pay.
- Othercide will be releasing on PS4, Xbox One and PC on July 28th. It is currently listed on Steam for pre-order w ith 15% off for $29.74.
For more on this news find it here in Othercide A Turn-Based Horror RPG Gets July Launch Date.
- Microsoft has announced they are closing Mixer and partnering up with Facebook Gaming, meaning the end of Mixer as we know it.
- Microsoft has released a statement sharing that they were “pretty far behind” in terms of the goal they wanted to achieve with the streaming platform. The Mixer platform will be closing on July 22nd 2020, meaning those who currently stream on the platform can migrate to Facebook Gaming.
- According to a blog post by Microsoft they expressed that the Mixer service will be shutting down due to it’s lack of “ability to scale the platform [Partners and streamers] as quickly and broadly as possible.”
- With Microsoft’s current relationship with Facebook it wouldn’t be too surprising to see more Xbox Series X integrations in future and further collaborations in the gaming sphere. What do you think of this news? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Mixer To Close After Partnering With Facebook Gaming.
Ghost of Tsushima
- Ghost of Tsushima has officially gone gold, meaning the game will be launching without a hitch on July 17th. This was announced by the official Sucker Punch Twitter account, who proudly shared that it’s ready to be shipped come launch day.
- In the tweet, the developer shared an image consisting of the development team who worked on the title. At the moment most developers are working from home due to COVID-19, so this way of sharing the announcement was pretty fitting.
- Ghost of Tsushima will be releasing on July 17th exclusively on Playstation 4 and later on Playstation 5. If you want to know more about the game be sure to check out our Ghost Of Tsushima: Gameplay First Impressions Analysis.
For more on this news find it here in Ghost Of Tsushima Has Gone Gold.
- Genshin Impact’s cross-platform title with a sprawling open-world will be getting its final closed beta on July 2nd for Playstation 4, PC and mobile.
- Players will be able to explore the fantasy world, going it alone or in co-op, so you can take on the monsters of Mondstadt and Liyue, with up to four players in a party. The beta will also allows players to team up with others across Playstation 4, PC and mobile.
- Genshin Impact is an action combat title that has a unique party system where you can switch characters in and out for flexible playstyle with up to four in your party at one time.
- Each character has their own backstory, abilities, terribly cute personalities and you can experience the whole game in either English or Japanese.
- If you want to take part of the closed beta be sure to register on the official Genshin Impact website for a chance to get a key. If you want to know what we thought the title, be sure to check out our previous Genshin Impact Closed Beta Preview – Breath Of The Elements.
For more on this news be sure to read next Genshin Impact Final Closed Beta Starts July 2nd.
Tokyo Game Show
- The Tokyo Game Show 2020 will still be taking place but in a digital format from September 23rd to September 27th. The event was cancelled earlier this year but later announced it would be replaced with an online only event.
- In a press release from the Computer Entertainment Supplier’s Association, TGS 2020 Online will be streamed online on the official TGS Twitch channel amongst other platforms.
- Previous Tokyo Game Shows have had a number of announcements including last year’s exclusive look at Death Stranding, Nioh 2 and Code Vein. Hopefully by having a new all online format there will be plenty of news and content to be shown.
For more on this news find here in Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online Event Starts September 23rd.
- Latest trailer for upcoming kung-fu fable inspired Biomutant shows off brands new gameplay with plenty of cute but deadly characters. The newest additions from the developer Experiment 101, look pretty amazing with strong, vibrant colours in a world full of giant monsters and fun combat.
- It also shows some of the wacky weapons that are made from crafting pieces of junk into something a little more useful, and a whole lot more deadly. There is even a mount-like hand that can shoot enemies with its finger, a truly imaginative contraption. There is even underwater exploration revealing some ferocious sea creatures.
- As for the current status of the game, according to an interview with IGN, the developer says they are approaching the “end phase of the development”.
- We caught up with Experiment 101 last year at Gamescom 2019 for a preview, revealing a number of interesting features including character customisation such as the size of the character’s head will affect the overall intelligence.
- Biomutant will be coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC, no release window has been announced as of yet.
For more on this news find it here in Biomutant New Trailer Features Combat, Characters And A Hand Mount.
- CD Projekt Red showed off some new gameplay for the upcoming first-person RPG Cyberpunk 2077 during the Night City Wire livestream. This showed how the Braindance feature works, an editor system that let’s the main character V playback the scene of a robbery, while sitting in a sort of VR chair. The investigation system does more than just playback the event but let’s the player pick up clues, what the culprit thought and even felt.
- CD Projekt Red also shared a brand new trailer showing more of the seedy underbelly of the Night City plus some high action scenes.
- They also announced that there will be a Cyberpunk 2077 anime called Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, which will be coming to Netflix in 2022. It will still be set in Night City but will follow a different set of characters with a new storyline.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will be releasing on November 19th for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. Plus PS4 and Xbox One versions will be backwards compatible with PS5 and Xbox Series X.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Features Braindance Editor Investigations.
- This week Blizzard revealed more about upcoming Diablo 4 in their latest quarterly update, this time sharing more about the new open-world multiplayer areas.
- They also talked about the storytelling mechanisms, which looks like it won’t be following Diablo 3, where character portraits delivered dialogue, but instead zooming in to show the conversations taking place first-hand.
- They also expressed they will be using real-time cut scenes, making it more cinematic but your character will show their current equipped armor.
- Blizzard also say they have been pretty happy with the addition Camps. These places that have plagued with the demon horde, however after cleansing them, they become outposts with NPCs and a waypoint.
- Blizz also addressed how multiplayer works in Diablo 4. It seems while you will see players from time to time in your towns, but only a few players will be there at any given time. You may also come across players while wandering out in the world. Probably the place you will see the most amount of players will be in the big world events. This is to give players more of a Diablo experience, as they feel too many players would make the game stop feeling like one.
For more on this news you can find it here in Diablo 4 Is A Multiplayer But Not Massively Multiplayer.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: