Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
GreedFall Delayed To 2019
- GreedFall a 17th century RPG had an original release window of this year 2018 but has recently been announced to be pushed back to a 2019 release. The game is inspired by European Baroque art and uses a warm palette similar to that of a painting from this era.
- The story follows the settlers, mercenaries and treasure hunters as they flee their continent due to pollution and plaguing disease. They discover a remote island that is said to be full of magic, unearthed treasures and forgotten mysteries. Join a world where tension arises, as warring sides of invading settlers and native inhabitants fight it out on the battlefield.
- Greedfall strongly identifies as an RPG, combining detailed worlds filled with mystery and expansive character interactions.
- The game sets to give players choices when it comes to play-style as quests and objectives can be settled through combat, diplomacy, deception or even stealth.
- Greedfall is now set to release next year in 2019 on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
To read further about GreedFall find more here in GreedFall Delayed To 2019 And E3 2018 Trailer Released.
FromSoftware Learning Unreal Engine
- In an interview with IGN during E3 2018, Hidetaka Miyazaki revealed some interesting info whilst discussing the change of pace of Deracine. This tidbits include the origin of the title, its inspirations and aspirations, and, surprisingly: talk about Unreal Engine.
- Some highlight points to take away from the interview include:
- They are not moving away. They are “taking a break” from the Souls series.
- And: FromSoftware is learning Unreal Engine, which could have a significant impact on the development of a future souls title.
To read further about this interview find more about here in FromSoftware Learning Unreal Engine, Will Return To “Games We’re Known For”.
World Of Warcraft Classic
- It was at last year’s Blizzcon when Blizzard announced that they would be officially releasing World of Warcraft Classic with dedicated servers. We now get news that the version they will base it on is none other than Patch 1.12 Drums of War.
- While Classic won’t be exactly like the vanilla days it does bring players closer with dedicated servers. There is no news as of yet whether they will have servers for further expansions apart from Classic. The reason this patch was chosen was “because it represents the most complete version of the classic experience”.
- While there’s no word on the release window, we do get to know which version will be arriving for World of Warcraft Classic.
If you want to read further about World of Warcraft Classic be sure to check it out in World Of Warcraft Classic To Be Based On Drums Of War Patch 1.12.
- Sony announced their new budget game range via Playstation blog called Playstation Hits, which includes some of the platform’s exclusive games.
- This new line of games will cost £15.99/€19.99 in Europe/$19.99 USD in US/$19.99 CAD in Canada and includes some of Playstation’s exclusive titles. The range sets to kick off to include Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and The Last of Us Remastered as well as many more titles.
- The range also will include third party titles such as Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, Warner’s Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Batman: Arkham Knight.
- Playstation Hits will launch this month June 28th for US and Canada. While it’s set to launch in Europe on July 18th.
If you want to read more about which titles will be included be sure to check out Sony Launches Playstation Hits A Budget Game Range.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- While there was no announcement at this year’s E3 2018 for the remake of Final Fantasy 7, we do have a confirmation that the project is being worked on.
- In an interview with IGN, Tetsuya Nomura the director of Final Fantasy 7 shared that the project is still going ahead.
- Nomura said “It’s not just in the early concept stages…We are actually in development.”
- This is all the news we’ve had since the title was first announced at E3 2015 with a few scenes from a trailer. But it’s good to know that this project has not slipped through the cracks and still a focus for Square Enix.
If you wish to know more read it in Final Fantasy 7 Remake Confirmed And “In Development”.
Shining Resonance Refrain
- Sega release a new trailer for the JRPG Shining Resonance Refrain, which is set to release next month.
- Shining Resonance Refrain is a remastered version of the original action-RPG Shining Resonance which was released back in 2014 in Japan alone on PS3. It is finally making it’s way to the west in an updated version that not only brings new graphics but new additional characters.
- The game allows you to switch between dual audio meaning you also opt for the original Japanese voice acting if you prefer any time during the game.
- Shining Resonance Refrain has already had it’s release in Japan, but it will be coming to west on all platforms PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on July 10th, 2018 and it available for pre-order.
If you want to read more about this article find it here in Shining Resonance Refrain Gets New Story Trailer Prior To July Release.
Steam Creator Homepages
- Valve have now created a way for developers and publishers to have a place to share their dedicated content on the Steam client. The initiative was created as a way to help players discover more titles from their favourite developers or publishers.
- Players will now be able to set up notifications and announcements to help get informed when a new title has been released by a certain developer or publisher. By clicking on the developer or publisher, those browsing will be redirected to the store page under the respective Creator Homepage.
- Creator Homepages are now live via beta.
To read more about this news article read it here in Valve Launches Steam Creator Homepages In Open Beta.
Gameplay Trailer For Death’s Gambit
- Adult Swim Games have released a new gameplay trailer for their upcoming side-scroller RPG Death’s Gambit.
- Death’s Gambit is a side-scrolling action-adventure, a retro 2D platformer with rich RPGelements. Take on combat with a wide range of weapons and abilities, confront the horrors that lurk in the depths of Siradon. Players will be able to explore a mysterious and unforgiving world to find the true price of immortality as they embrace the challenge being an agent of Death.
- Death Gambit is set to release on PS4 and PC on August 14th, 2018.
To read more about the game find it here in Adult Swim Games Release Gameplay Trailer For Death’s Gambit.
Scrolls Revived Under New Name
- Minecraft Developer’s Mojang had their own strategy card game back in 2014 called Scrolls, it was shutdown but now due to fan demand has been brought back under the name Caller’s Bane.
- Scrolls was strategy card game, originally released in 2014 but development halted in June of 2015 as the developers announced the shutdown of servers and that the servers would still keep running in July 2016.
- But it wasn’t until this year on February 13th that servers were officially shutdown. It was Mojang’s intention then to allow the game to go public and let players host their own servers but could not guarantee this development. However news has been shared that the game will continue under the new name Caller’s Bane after a fan initiative got it back up and running.
- Players now have control over rules of their own servers, enabling balance changes, rules, create new trials and more possible changes to the original game.
- To play the game check out the Caller’s Bane website for download link and more info.
To further about Caller’s Bane find it here in Minecraft Developer’s Card Game Scrolls Revived Under New Name.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: