Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Baldur’s Gate 3
- During the Guerrilla Collective, Larian Studios shared they were planning to have their early access for Baldur’s Gate 3 set for August 2020, but also cautioned this should be on track, so long as there aren’t anymore significant delays due to the pandemic.
- Those who play on Stadia will also have some exclusive features according to an article by IGN, where Larian’s CEO Swen Vincke shared that those who watch a livestream of someone playing Baldur’s Game 3 can influence the outcome of say a dice roll.
- Along with the announcement was a new trailer featuring some cinematic moments and some further updates in terms of progress, but it also shared more about the kind of vision Larian is going for in terms of Baldur’s Gate 3.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access Planned For August 2020.
- The colonial set online RPG New World will coming to closed beta on July 23rd. Amazon announces that sign-ups are now available on their official website. In a month’s time will be the launch of the title on August 25th.
- The news comes alongside a new trailer that features the game’s action combat which relies on a weapon based class system, with a number of weapons to choose from including bows, staves and more. In the trailer there is also a preview of the “opt-in” PVP system, where you will need to activate a flag in order to participate in PVP.
- New World is an Action-RPG all about the Age of Exploration, adding survival elements as players attempt to colonise Aeternum, a mysterious island. This MMO will have massive battles where up to 100 players can join, taking combat to the field. Join companies, build strongholds or go it alone in solo.
For more on this news find it here in Amazon Announces New World Closed Beta Launches July 23rd.
Remnant From the Ashes
- Gunfire Games has announced the last and final expansion for the co-op souls-like inspired shooter Remnant: From the Ashes, called Subject 2923.
- Launching on August 20th, Remnant From the Ashes – Subject 2923 DLC will be the final expansion for the game. It will release on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, introducing an expanded campaign bringing new areas to explore of the corrupted Earth. Being the last expansion, Subject 2923 comes with a significant amount of content with new areas, bosses, quests and of course more loot to gain.
- In the latest trailer plus latest gameplay revealed, you will be able to adventure through one of the new zones in an ice covered wasteland full of beasts that have been left to scavenge and deities inspired by Norse mythology.
For more on this news find it here in Remnant: From The Ashes Final Expansion Subject 2923 Announced.
Divinity Original Sin 2
- Larian Studios has announced this week that Divinity Original Sin 2 has a new DLC gift bag called The Four Relics of Rivellon which is now available for players.
- This was announced during the Guerrilla Collective showcase, and is available as a free update to those who own the Definitive Edition of the game on consoles and PC.
- The DLC pack is described as “the biggest Gift Bag of free content to date” for Divinity Original Sin 2, and comes with “new quests, new loot and new enemies”. This update will also allow “players to adventure throughout the world of Rivellon hunting for four brand new sets of armour”. That’s quite the addition of content and it’s great that it’s all free too.
- Larian has also announced an upcoming graphic novel for Divinity and is currently being worked on. The graphic novel is titled Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Godwoken, and is a prequel, showing the events leading up to the story in Original Sin 2. It’s now available to pre-order on the Larian Studio’s official website.
For more on this news find it here in Divinity: Original Sin 2 New DLC The Four Relics Of Rivellon.
Horizon Forbidden West
- In the latest video shared by Playstation this week, Horizon Forbidden West has new details that were shared by Guerrilla Games director Mathjs de Jonge.
- The video also explained some new features of the game such as the set location which spans from Utah to the shores of the Pacific Ocean. The game world is much more expansive and detailed than the prequel Horizon Zero Dawn, also requiring “virtually no loading screens”.
- There are some familiar aspects returning in this sequel including dangerous enemy types that Aloy will be faced with including a large array of machine type lifeforms. There is also the chance to dive into lakes and the sea with underwater exploration.
- Forbidden West also introduces new tribes, some friendly and some not so much. One of these hostile tribes has found a way to override the machines, using them in battle. It’s one thing to have a wild beast attack, completely another with one kitted out with armor and under the command of a deadly force.
- Horizon Forbidden West has an aimed launch window on Playstation 5 in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Horizon Forbidden West Aimed To Release On PS5 In 2021.
Hollow Knight Silksong
- Developer Team Cherry behind upcoming Hollow Knight: Silksong reveal a new NPC that fans found from a series of riddles.
- The news introduces a new NPC called The Huntress described as a “towering old predator”. The Huntress was found from fans deciphering a series of Hollow Knight riddles that the game’s official Discord had put out to solve. One fan worked out the “huntress” password to access a zip file which contained an image of the new NPC.
- This of course got shared to the Hollow Knight subreddit for all fans to enjoy.
- Team Cherry haven’t revealed much else apart from the demo of gameplay that was shared at previous gaming events. But it’s great to see some lore behind the upcoming title.
For more on this news find it here in Team Cherry Teases Hollow Knight: Silksong With NPC Reveal.
- CD Projekt Red the developers behind the upcoming sci-fi RPG Cyberpunk 2077 have shared due to the current pandemic that the release for game has now moved to November 19th.
- The studio head Adam Badowski and company co-founder Marcin Iwinski shared that the game would not be ready in time and reaffirming their stance not to release the game until it was ready.
- This puts the release of Cyberpunk 2077 closer to the next-generation console launch dates which are both set for the holidays 2020.
- The developer has also now confirmed that both Xbox One and PS4 copies for Cyberpunk 2077 will be backwards compatible with next-generation consoles Xbox Series X and PS5, as well as be a free upgrade.
- This means you won’t have to purchase the title twice if you plan to play on current consoles and switch to next-gen later on.
- CD Projekt Red will be hosting the Night City Wire live stream on June 25th, so hopefully we will be hearing and seeing more juicy details for this upcoming Action-RPG.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed To November.
- On the official website for Playstation 5, Bluepoint has shared a brand new screenshot featuring the Tower Knight. Recently the Tower Knight had only been shown in the announcement trailer for the Demon’s Souls Remake.
- Now a new screenshot has been shared which looks to have been taken from the actual boss fight where you can see the Tower Knight in some high detail with his very large shield.
- While nothing new was really shared in the post, this just gives us a closer look at the remake and how it will match up in terms of graphics compared to the original. It also shows what it will look like on the PS5, as the screenshot is taken from the game itself. Seeing the player pale in comparison to the size of this boss, just shows what an epic fight it will be.
For more on this news find it here in Demon’s Souls Remake Gets New Screenshot Featuring The Tower Knight Boss.
Dragon Age 4
- Bioware fans are excited for more news on the upcoming Dragon Age 4, while there wasn’t much to go in during EA Play, there were a few brief shots from the game. These included a large tree with strange glowing embers, a mysterious arch way engulfed in strange glowing tentacles and finally what appears to be a molten parasitic creature.
- The glimpses of DA4 don’t give that much a way but it’s good to see something new since the game was revealed back in TGA 2018, where a short teaser announcement was shown and the #TheDreadWolfRises.
- Electronic Arts has shared previously that it wouldn’t be likely we’d be seeing the fourth Dragon Age instalment before 2022, so this indicates that the development is still in the early stages and this is probably the most we’ll be seeing this of the game.
For more on this news find it here in Dragon Age 4 Teased During EA Play Stream.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: