Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- This week has been jam packed with news as Summer Game Fest kicked off, leading up to the start of E3 2021. Along with it came a number of announcements, updates and reveals.
- Developer The Farm 51 has released a dramatic new trailer for upcoming Chernobylite. Capturing the morbid and terrifying aftermath of a nuclear accident. However, in this trailer told by Tatyana, it looks to be a mix of the supernatural.
- In case you missed it Chernobylite is a survival RPG, mixing free exploration with a non-linear story. It’s set in the Zone, an area that suffers the aftermath of the Chernobyl Power Plant explosion.
- Players will take on the role of a power plant ex-employee, who is investigating the mysterious disappearance of their beloved. Survival, conspiracy, mixed in with some horror and “obsession”. You will also need to rely on your companions for survival, building a team that can make it through this danger zone.
- Chernobylite is currently in Steam Early Access, and will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam and GOG in July 2021. PS5 and Xbox Series version will be released later in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Chernobylite Gets ‘Tatyana Story’ Trailer.
- Tuque Games will be releasing their Action-RPG Dark Alliance on June 22nd. Ahead of the launch they have unveiled a new gameplay trailer narrated by the amazing Jemaine Clement who gives a colourful look at the features of the game including each playable character, combat, online co-op and the enemies players will come face to face with.
- The party will contain Drizzt, Catti Brie, Wulfgar and Breuenor Battlehammer. Each of these heroes has over 50 moves and abilities to unlock, which sounds like an extensive combat system.
- As for the enemies, there are over 30 different enemy types which include goblins, and of course Beholders. The trailer also details a little about the story which follows the Crystal Shard which every enemy wants to get their hands on, ultimately teaming up to take it, and only the heroes of this story stand in the way of them doing that.
- The post-launch content for Dark Alliance has also been announced, with the first free DLC hitting summer 2021 which will launch alongside couch co-op. While the game launches with online co-op, the split screen co-op will be coming in the summer. According to the roadmap, the first DLC will contain new levels. A second DLC will be arriving in fall 2021, adding new levels and further new difficult rankings. Also coming in fall will be the first expansion called Echoes of the Blood War, adding a new playable character, new levels and more.
For more on this news find it here in Dark Alliance Receives Gameplay Trailer And Post-Launch Content Announced.
Salt and Sacrifice
- The return of the unforgiving souls-like side-scroller was announced at the opening of Summer Gamesfest 2021, the sequel titled Salt and Sacrifice will be released in 2022. The game was announced during the Summer Game Fest kick-off.
- The beloved 2D Action-RPG title is getting a sequel which will bring the return of everything fans love about the prequel, but this time follows a new protagonist who is on the hunt for mages. But there also drop-in drop-out co-op in this entry with online in online and local co-op.
- There are eight starting classes to choose from including Highblade, Paladin, Assassin, Cleric, Dualist, Fighter, Ranger, or Sage.
- Salt and Sacrifice will be releasing in Q1 2022, for PS4 and PS5. The press release also confirmed PC.
For more on this news find it here in Salt And Sacrifice A Sequel To Salt And Sanctuary Announced With Co-Op.
Monster Hunter Stories 2
- A new trailer that focuses on the narrative side of Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin details the journey of a hero. This tale follows the protagonist and his local companions, it also features the relationship with the legendary Rathalos, Razewing Ratha.
- The latest trailer introduces a number of mysterious characters, various monsters that lurk in the wastelands and Nergigante makes another appearance once aginst. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is the second game in the franchise to come to PC, the first being Monster Hunter World.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin will release on July 9th on Switch and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Stories 2 Gets New Story Trailer.
Tales of Arise
- During the Summer Game Fest 2021 livestream two new characters were revealed for upcoming Tales of Arise. The two new playable characters are Dohalim Ilcarus and Kisara.
- The trailer description shares a battle that will threaten the harmony of Elde Menancia. Together with your party you can “challenge your fate”.
- The Tales series usually puts together six party members, with the latest reveal of these two characters Dohalim and Kisara looks to join their fellow Tales of Arise character, Alphen, Shionne, Law, and Rinwell who were previously announced.
- The latest trailer previews the combat abilities for Dohalim and Kisara, with Dohalim appearing to wield a bo staff, using his Artes to shoot off whirlwinds. While Kisara wields a huge shield and mace, smashing foes as part of her Mystic Artes .
- Tales of Arise will release on PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam on September 10th 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Tales Of Arise Characters Revealed At Summer Game Fest 2021.
- The souls-like Mortal Shell has been announced to be getting a new DLC expansion called The Virtuous Cycle. A teaser trailer unveiled the news at the IGN Expo but the developer seems to be keeping most of the details in mystery at the moment.
- The trailer teases a building with rain, a forest of moving trees and a character which looks to holding a new weapon that transforms between spear, axe and dual-swords. Developer Cold Symmetry have been teasing new artwork on their Twitter this week, which looks to indicate that this will be a new Shell available in The Virtuous Cycle.
- The DLC currently has no release date, listed to be “coming soon”, and announced for platforms PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store).
For more on this news find it here in Mortal Shell: The Virtuous Cycle DLC Announced.
- Death’s Gambit is getting an expanded edition called Afterlife, which was announced by developer White Rabbit and publisher Serenity Forge at the IGN Expo. The Afterlife edition doubles the size of the original game, adding new areas to explore, storylines, weapons, abilities and modes, plus tuning elements from the original. A new trailer featuring Death’s Gambit: Afterlife was released.
- On the official Death’s Gambit Twitter account the developer has shared that there will be a number of additions including six new bosses, ten news levels, a revamped world/systems, twenty-two new weapons, a hundred talents, metroidvania upgrades, multiple endings, crafting and a world map. Phew that’s quite the generous amount of content.
- No exact release date has been slated but the expanded edition so far has been announced to be coming to the platform Nintendo Switch and additional platforms coming in 2021 according to the Death’s Gambit discord.
For more on this news find it here in Death’s Gambit: Afterlife An Expanded Edition Announced.
- The biggest reveal this week was the unveiling of Elden Ring’s release date and gameplay trailer. Yes finally Elden Ring reimmerged with a brand new trailer and further details of what the game will entail. The news was met with great response from the souls community and even on our Twitch channel.
- Details of a wide variety of weapons, magical abilities and skills, as well as using stealth or calling on aid from an ally were all mentioned in the press release. You can even explore the world on horseback from grassy plains to suffocating swamps. It also previewed some of the bosses and enemies players will face.
- It was also confirmed that a free upgrade will be available for the Playstation 5 version for those who purchase Elden Ring on Playstation 4, and through the SmartDelivery the game will be supported for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
- We have released a couple of videos on our Youtube channel that focus on the reveal of Elden Ring gameplay including impressions, and release date. You can check them out on our channel including Cas’ reaction when it was finally unveiled.
- Elden Ring will be releasing on January 21 2022 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC. With pre-orders currently available for PS4 and Xbox One.
For more on this news find it here in Elden Ring Pre-Order Editions.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: