Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Fallout 76 Will Not Have Crossplay
- In an interview with GameStar.de Todd Howard explained that their original approach to Fallout 76 was to have cross-play but they are having issues with one platform in particular, PS4. Sony are no stranger to cross-play problems as they have recently been called out for their none participation in cross-play with Fornite.
- Howard talked about Sony and said they are: “…not as helpful as everyone would like it.”
- While Sony has been been talking about the possibility of cross-play in future, it looks like they have not been so compliant when it comes Bethesda‘s new online co-op. What do you think about this recent development? Let us know in the comments below.
- Fallout 76 is set to release on PS4, Xbox One and PC on November 14th, 2018.
To read further about this news article read about it here in Fallout 76 Will Not Have Crossplay As Sony Once Again Shows Reluctance.
New Code Vein Trailers Featuring Mia, Yakumo and Louis
- Bandai Namco set out to introduce three companion characters this week which include Mia, Yakumo and Louis. Each of these characters have their own set of back-stories, weapons and abilities.
- The trailer featuring Mia Karnstein introducing some of the storyline involving her younger brother Nikola. In this dramatic and emotional trailer, we learn about her relationship with her brother and Mia’s duty to protect him. We also get to see her in action with her featured blood veil, a tail-like Stinger.
- In Yakumo Shinonome‘s trailer it shares some insight into his loyal character but also his guilt from a past experience. The trailer also shows off some of his attacks and abilities that help support his friends.
- Louis’ trailer showcases his chosen weapon in action, a one-handed sword.
- Code Vein is set to release on September 27th in Japan and a day later in the west on September 28th, 2018. The JRPG is available for pre-order and will be available on platforms PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam.
If you want to see the full trailers and screenshots of each of these Code Vein characters you can find them in Code Vein Trailer Featuring Mia Karnstein, Code Vein New Trailer Featuring Yakumo Shinonome and Code Vein New Trailer Featuring Louis.
Shenmue I & II
- In a recent listing post on the Microsoft Store website, we get a release date for the Xbox One release of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD Remaster. While Sega had yet to make an official announcement for any platform, Microsoft had beaten them to the punch with a listing of the game’s release.
- But Sega later on confirmed the release date for all platforms by releasing a new launch trailer. The Shenmue series made it’s debut back in 1999 on Dreamcast and now will be coming to console and PC as a remastered version on August 21st, 2018. The trailer shows some of the improved graphics in HD with some of the gameplay. The game features some of Hong Kong along with the past Kowloon Walled City.
- Shenmue follows a tale of revenge in during the 80’s where a teenage jujitsu artist by the name of Ryo Hazuki, returns to the dojo of his father, Iwao Hazuki. He witnesses the murder of his father by a Chinese man called Lan Di. Lan Di steals a mysterious artifact known as the Dragon Mirror and it’s Ryo’s vow to avenge his father’s death.
- Shenmue I & II HD will be arriving on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One on August 21st, 2018.
To read more about the release check out screenshots and more here in Shenmue I & II Confirmed Release Date All Platforms And New Trailer.
Conan Exiles Patch
- Funcom have been testing a major update for the PC version of Conan Exiles, the patch which was suppose to release along with the PS4 and Xbox One version, but has been announced it will be delayed until next month in August. The patch will contain a major update including 500 fixes and updates for the game.
- For platforms PS4 and Xbox One, received the patch this week. The patch sets to include various fixes and updates including the “recruit rank” which is a new addition to clans, durability bars will get colour coded, improvements to shield, corrections of the tier 4 thralls’ faces and more.
- It sounds like the team at Funcom have been working round the clock to get the patch ready, as a forum post on the Funcom website shares that some are needing a much needed break. They wanted the patch to release this week, however did not feel confident in releasing before the summer break and would rather launch it when the team is back.
- Conan Exiles is available to play on PS4, Xbox One and PC, with the latest patch having gone live for console and later for PC in August 2018.
To read further about this news article read about it here in Conan Exiles Patch For PC Delayed For August While Console Will Go Ahead.
Bandai Namco Gamescom 2018 Lineup
- Bandai Namco will be attending this years Gamescom 2018 and have revealed their upcoming lineup for the event. In a press release they share some of the playable titles which be available for Gamescom goers.
- Bandai Namco are taking their spot at Gamescom 2018 in Hall 6 – B 41, attendees will not want to miss out on their booth as they will have “no less than eleven” on hand to play. In their latest press release they share eight of the titles that have been confirmed which include Jump Force, SoulCalibur VI, Dragon Ball FighterZ for Nintendo Switch, One Piece: World Seeker, Code Vein, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, My Hero One’s Justice and Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker.
- Following this press release the Vice President of Marketing and Digital at Bandai Namco Entertainment Hervé Hoerdt, shared that the three missing titles from the list will be announced at the show and “that fans will be very excited about”.
- Gamescom 2018 will be taking place in Cologne Germany between August 21st and 25th. Will you be attending Gamescom 2018? Let us know in the comments below.
To read further about this news article read about it here in Bandai Namco Announces Gamescom 2018 Lineup And Teases New Reveal.
Monster Hunter World x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration Event
- You might remember that we shared the details of the upcoming crossover event for Monster Hunter World and Final Fantasy XIV which was announced at E3 2018. We get news today that the event will take place in August 2018.
- The upcoming collaboration event was confirmed in the latest Monster Hunter Radio video with producer of MHW, Ryozo Tsujimoto. The event will be launching with the next update for MHW in August.
- The exact date has not yet been revealed but as usual we will keep you posted with any news. If you’re eager to checkout some gameplay of the Behemoth, it will be shown in a livestream for the first time on July 15th at the Monster Hunter World Hunting Thanksgiving 2018 at Mukuhari Messe in Chiba.
- The crossover will have two events, one in Monster Hunter World featuring a mighty Behemoth from Final Fantasy XIV, the other in Final Fantasy XIV featuring a Behemoth as a Primal in a FATE (Full Active Time Event).
To read further about this news article read about it here in Monster Hunter World X Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration Event Launches August 2018 and for more details about the event requirements find the here in Final Fantasy XIV Monster Hunter World Collaboration Announced At E3 2018.
We Happy Few
- It’s about a month away from the launch of We Happy Few the psychedelic survival, Orwellian game that has been making waves since it’s Kickstarter project launch three years ago.
- Compulsion Games share good news for Australian fans as they now have confirmation that they can release We Happy Few in Australia. After some problems gaining approval from the Classification Review Board due to it’s content which involves drugs, psychological horror and violence.
- Along with this news we get details on pre-orders for physical editions. Those who pre-order before the official launch date will get a in-game Jolly Brolly weapon and some stores in the US are offering a $10 discount. A Deluxe Edition is also available which offers the base game as well as the season pass which Compulsion Games has assures will include three pieces of future content.
- We Happy Few will be officially launching on August 10th, 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
To read further about this news article read about it here in We Happy Few Pre-Order Bonuses And Collector’s Edition.
Xbox One FastStart
- Microsoft started rolling out a new update this week that brings some new features to the platform this July 2018. One feature that Xbox players will appreciate is the ability to access games more quickly than in the past.
- During E3 2018, Microsoft shared a new feature called FastStart, it allows the game to start even when only partially downloaded.
- While this might similar to “ready to start” which is available platforms such as Playstation 4, Microsoft shares that FastStart is slightly different from “ready to start” function.
- FastStart does not require “publisher work” while “ready to start” varies from game to game, FastStart shows more consistency and “no extra work required of developers”.
- The feature will be available on selected Xbox One titles as well as Xbox 360 games. The games include Devil May Cry HD collection, Dead Space 2, The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season and many more.
- For a full list of titles you can check them out on Fextralife.com.
To read further about this news article read about it here in Xbox One New Updates Makes For Faster Game Starts As They Download.
- Moonlighter developed by Digital Sun shares that they will be releasing free new content this year for the shopkeeping adventure RPG called Moonlighter.
- Originally released last month it is available to play on Playstation 4, PC and Xbox One with a Nintendo Switch edition coming later this year.
- They revealed a roadmap that spans over the course 2018, featuring four new updates which will add a host of free content.
- The first update coming out in July will add 50 new rooms patterns, new art for enchanted weapons and armor as well as new shop tutorials.
- Future updates include New Game+ mode which will add greater challenge and difficulty.
- There will also be custom game modes in a later update this year.
- The last update will likely be coming this October as it contains new Halloween themed decorations.
To read further about the upcoming updates read about it here in Moonlighter The Shopkeeper RPG Free Content Roadmap 2018
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: