Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- According to an article released by the Polish business site Bankier, CD Projekt Red have three teams working on projects all related to the Cyberpunk 2077 universe.
- Originally it was reported that the developer had three separate projects which included multiplayer.
- However due to a translation error, which caused a little confusion CD Projekt Red cleared up some of the details explaining five teams are working a few projects, three of which were concentrating on Cyberpunk 2077 development.
- Two of these teams are concentrating on the main game and another focusing on R&D technology.
- One team is focusing on the development of Gwent, and another team is currently working on an “unannounced mobile project”.
- According to the article, we will have to wait until the beginning of next year for more details.
To read more about this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Is Among Three Cyberpunk Projects CD Projekt Red Are Working On.
- A new IP was announced by Bandai Namco called Blue Protocol which is being developed by Project Sky Blue with Bandai Namco Online and Bandai Namco Studios.
- Set in a world that will utilise “overwhelming graphics along the lines of anime movies” according to their Japanese press release which was translated by Gematsu. The title will be running on Unreal Engine 4.
- The action-RPG will have multiplayer gameplay that will incorporate elements of online games. Not much else has been shared apart from a vividly colourful screenshot of the world of Blue Protocol.
- This looks like a much brightly set action title compared to Bandai Namco’s upcoming Code Vein which releases in September. Although it has similarities with it’s anime type look, Code Vein follows a much darker universe and setting.
- No details of release date has been announced but it will be coming to the PC platform.
To read more about this news find it here in Bandai Namco Reveals Online Action-RPG Blue Protocol.
Death End Re;Quest 2
- Compile Heart has announced another dark entry for Death End Re;Quest, with brand new characters and story which was revealed by Famitsu. A narrative that will push the familiar feelings of fear and despair that the first instalment delivered.
- Don’t worry if you still haven’t played the first title as Death End re;Quest 2 will be just as “enjoyable even for those who didn’t play the first Death End re;Quest” according to the developer.
- Death End Re;Quest 2 plot will be written by none other than Makoto Kedouin, the author of the first Death End game and Corpse Party, returning as the scenarist of the next title. Kei Nanameda will be the character designer much like the first Death End. Kei has also worked on several other Compile Heart games like Dragon Star Varnir, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Mugen Souls, Mugen Souls Z, and Trillion: God of Destruction.
- The setting for this game is an all girls dormitory, focusing on three girls who witness a strange phenomena full of conspiracies, as residence of the dormitory mysteriously start to disappear one by one.
To read more about this news find it here in Death End Re;Quest 2 Announced.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass Announced
- Nintendo have announced that the upcoming Fire Emblem: Three Houses will have an Expansion Pass, which will contain four post-launch DLCs.
- The Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass will be available post-launch for $24.99 and will come with a few free updates as well.
- The Expansion Pass will have downloadable content which includes news maps, new costumes and new playable characters which will release between July 26th and April 30th 2020.
- A bundle is also available which includes the Expansion Pass and the main game, which is available to pre-purchase from the Nintendo eShop for $84.98.
- By buying the expansion pass players will have access to four waves of content as they are released, including Officers Academy outfits for both gender Byleth main characters on launch day.
- The paid content will also include new storylines, additional playable characters, locations and more.
To read more about this news find it here in Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass Announced.
- Publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Spiders Games have announced the release date for upcoming open-world RPG GreedFall.
- GreedFall a fantasy RPG title will be releasing for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 10th.
- Set in a a world that combines supernatural beings, magic and ancient secrets. The game is available to pre-order for $49.99.
- The story follows the settlers, mercenaries and treasure hunters. On a mission to cure the homeland from a dangerous disease, you will be caught in the middle of a conflict between the settlers who are now invading and the locals who want to protect their mystical land and magical beings.
- The title sets to bring an open-world experience with quests and objectives which can be completed in a number of ways including combat, diplomacy, stealth and even deception.
To read more about this news find it here in GreedFall Announced For September Release.
- Launching on August 22nd is Black Desert for Playstation 4, if you want to gain 48 hours early access and in-game items you can pre-order now the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition.
- The fantasy MMORPG comes with highly detailed character customisation tools, high action combat with monsters to slay, a huge open-world to explore and Life Skills such as crafting, hunting fishing and more.
- The story starts with the Black Stone, an energy source that has now created a war between the Republic of Clapheon and the Kingdom of Valencia. With the help of the Black Spirit, a being who’s fate is apart of yours, you will discover the mysteries that lie in wait.
- The MMORPG has six playable classes, which include Warrior, Ranger, Sorceress, Berserker, Wizard and Witch.
- Using a real-time combat system you can experience abilities on the battlefield against mobs of enemies including world bosses.
- Black Desert for Playstation 4 releases on August 22nd.
To read more about this news find it here in Black Desert For Playstation 4 Launches August 2019.
- This week we got a new trailer for the anime souls-like Code Vein which features the Great Sword.
- Last week we got to see the introduction of the Code Vein boss Successor of the Ribcage which introduced a four armed wolf with plenty of moves. Now a new trailer has been released featureing the two-handed weapon, the Great Sword.
- While quite slow in its speed of attack, the Great Sword is seen in the trailer dealing some heavy damage, reaching a number of enemies at once with its range. Each strike knocks back the enemy a bit, while you recover from its swing.
- There is also a few variations of the swords shown, demonstrating the weapon type.
- Code Vein will be releasing PS4, Xbox One and PC on September 27th 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in Code Vein Trailer Features Great Sword.
Dragon’s Dogma Online
- The online RPG Dragon’s Dogma Online is closing its doors in Japan at the end of the year after four years of operation.
- Dragon’s Dogma Online never made it to the west, it remained as a free-to-play title only available officially in Japan. It was an MMORPG that followed the success of the original action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma. However, after four years Capcom have decided to call it quits and shut down the servers this December 5th.
- According to the website post, Capcom came to this decision due to it becoming “difficult to continue offering satisfactory service…” The developer will stop offering downloads for the game client on July 11th.
- Some fans are speculating by moving on from the online version, maybe Capcom are planning the next sequel for Dragon’s Dogma.
- In an interview with VG24/7 game director Hideaki Itsuno about a conversation with the founder of Capcom Kenzo Tsujimoto, they had at one point talked of making a Dragon Dogma 2 when deciding on what to work on next.
- Ultimately they ended up worked on Devil May Cry 5 but that could mean it’s a possibility.
To read more about this news find it here in Dragon’s Dogma Online In Japan Is Closing Down.
- During Anime Expo 2019 Crystar received a new trailer showcasing the action RPG’s characters.
- Crystar is an action RPG developed by FuRyu Corporation and published by Spike Chunsoft. The protagonist, Rei known as the “Warrior of Grief”, fights her way through Purgatory to rescue her little sister Mirai, which she killed unintentionally.
- In order to revive Mirai, Rei strikes a deal with two Demons to become an Executor of Purgatory. Crystar lets the player utilize the power of grief; craft weapons and armor using Rei’s tears of anguish to further your strength on your quest to save Mirai.
- Crystar is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam on August 27 in North America and August 30 in Europe.
To read more about this news find it here in Crystar Receives Character Trailer.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: