Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The Circus Electrique got a new trailer this week that featured gameplay of the upcoming story-driven RPG, combining tactics and steampunk aesthetic.
- Introducing Circus Electrique, a wonderful, magical circus located in Victorian London. The circus is bright and colorful which is a stark contrast to similar dungeon delvers such as the Darkest Dungeon.
- Without warning, the entire population of London has suddenly been transformed into bloodthirsty, possessed killers. The Circus Electrique and its members seem to be the only ones to have remained unaffected.
- Playing as circus performers, players will have access to 15 archetypes in total, each with their traditional RPG class counterparts. The usual save the world rhetoric applies to battles but side performances will also happen as the show must go on. Create a nightly performance, comprised of a great opening, supporting acts, and main events.
- The game is planned to release sometime in 2022 for Playstation consoles, Xbox, PC and Switch.
For more on this news find it here in Circus Electrique Is A Colorful, Circus-Themed Steampunk Take On Darkest Dungeon.
- Lost Ark got quite a bit of news this week, starting with a class reveal for Korea servers. This gives us a peek at what’s to come for the MMORPG for western servers in future.
- Developer Smilegate RPG showed off the upcoming second advanced class for the Specialist called the Aeromancer. Wielding a simple umbrella, the Aeromancer is not afraid to get up close and personal with her foes despite being a magic-user.
- Also revealed was a collaboration with The Witcher 3. While not many details were shared, the Lost Ark studio are working with CD Projekt Red on some type of event. In the past, The Witcher 3 has popped up in games such as Monster Hunter World offering contracts, as well as armor themed on the main characters. But what could they be bringing to Lost Ark? Other reveals included the fifth Legion Commander Raid.
- Over on NA and EU servers, Lost Ark is getting the Vykas Legion Raid, a new Guardian Raid Kungelanium and Thronespire, a new solo Tower. A support pack and more cosmetics themed on Umar were also shown.
- For the full details on this you can check it out over on Fextralife.
For more on this news find it here in Lost Ark Korea Teases The Witcher 3 Crossover And The Aeromancer Class and Lost Ark June Content Patch Brings Upon The Wrath Of The Covetous Legion.
- Get ready YoRHa fans as NieR Automata will be coming to the portable platform of the Nintendo Switch on October 6th. The game will be releasing in both physical and digital versions in the form of The End of YoRHa Edition.
- The Switch version gains six new exclusive costumes, four new accessories and two new pod skins based on the mobile title NieR Re[in]carnation. The physical edition will include the artwork by character designer Akihiko Yoshida on the reversible front cover and box art featuring A2 designed by Koda Kazuma.
- The stylish Action-RPG first came to Playstation 4 in February 2017, followed by PC in March 2017, and Xbox One in June 2018. It will be interesting how the open-world performs on the on-the-go device, but the Switch has been seen pushing the limits with titles such as The Witcher 3.
- NieR Automata The End of YoRHa Edition releases on October 6th 2022 for $39.99.
For more on this news find it here in NieR Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition Heads To Switch On October 6th 2022.
- The Nintendo Switch will be getting the major Persona games with Persona 5 Royal confirmed to be released on the platform on October 21st. The other two titles announced coming to the platform are Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden which haven’t been given release windows but announced to be “coming soon”.
- This news follows the recent announcement which revealed Atlus was bringing the Persona series of games to PC via Steam, Playstation and Xbox consoles. So far Persona 5 Royal has the same release date for these platforms. No word just yet on when Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden will be coming but could be sometime next year.
- Persona 5 Royal heads to Switch, alongside PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Game Pass, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5 on October 21st 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Persona Series Heading To Switch; Persona 5 Royal Coming In October.
- Announced during the latest Nintendo Direct, Square Enix unveiled a game that combines of what looks to be a unique blend of Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy.
- Harvestella at first might look like your average farming life sim. The trailer shows characters sowing seeds, gathering crops and taking care of animals. However the game has some interesting seasons that are stabilised using the four crystals called the Sealight.
- The world is in the middle of the “Quietus” a disastrous event that caused havoc to the seasons, with extreme weather and even causes people to not be able to step outside their front door without being exposed to dust and other elements.
- It will be up to the player and their allies to work together, battle the darkness, and find a way to save the world, and their crops. The protagonist will have access to many martial moves, sweeping attacks, and heavy strikes.
- Harvestella will release worldwide on November 4, 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Harvestella Is A New Mix Of Stardew Valley And Final Fantasy By Square Enix, Releases In November 2022.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force
- The next entry in the Star Ocean franchise The Divine Force is launching on October 27th. The sci-fi action-RPG will be joining a busy month of RPGs with Forspoken, Harvestella and more also coming out during the same time.
- A new trailer has been released for the game which features The Divine’s Force’s combat system and the cast of characters. The title will present a dual main character system, allowing players to play both the great-sword swinging Raymond a spaceship captain and also play as the princess-knight from Aucerius Laeticia.
- The seamless combat system allows players to strike up a battle with foes out in the world in a party of four. The AP system lets players use powerful moves with each character having their own speciality.
- There are different combat modes which include real-time fast-paced action, but things can also be slowed down with Stop Mode. Stop Mode lets players freeze the action to take a more strategic approach.
- Players can assign different moves to action buttons, giving full customisation, this looks a little similar to how Tales of Arise worked. Gain further advantage using actions together in chained combos.
- Star Ocean: The Divine Force heads to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X on October 27th.
For more on this news find it here in Star Ocean: The Divine Force Gets October Release Date.
Sea of Stars
- Kickstarter funded turn-based title Sea of Stars has now been delayed to 2023. The retro-inspired RPG was supposed to release in winter 2022 but now has been pushed to next year.
- In a statement from the team, the developer Sabotage Studio explained that their main two priorities at this time are “quality of life for our team and quality of the finished game” which has led to the game being postponed into next year.
- In case you missed it, Sea of Stars is heavily inspired by classic turn-based RPGs. From its pixel sprite artstyle, to its game systems. However, bringing a fresh take with an exploration system that will let players not only explore on foot, but run, swim, climb or even jump.
For more on this news find it here in Turn-Based RPG Sea Of Stars Now Delayed To 2023.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- Hold on to your hats, or possibly bard hats as Larian Studios has announced the next Panel from Hell which will focus on updates for Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Larian Studios the developer behind Baldur’s Gate 3 which is currently in Early Access will be holding the next Panel from Hell on July 7th at 10 AM PST.
- Since Baldur’s Gate 3 has been in early access, the game has seen a number of updates including the addition of a new playable class the Sorcerer and more recently, earlier this year the Barbarian class. If you want a great guide for building one, check out our Baldur’s Gate 3 Builds: Barbarian Class Guide.
- We may also see another class announcement. Fans have been picking apart any detail that Larian has thrown their way and the announcement of the next Panel from Hell is no exception.
- The location for this panel is going to be held in a theatre in Ghent. Also, the “P” in the image of the announcement also has a little bard hat atop the letter. This might mean we’re getting a first look at the Bard class that could be coming to the game next and Larian is ready to sing all about it.
- While nothing is confirmed about these clues, this is not a panel to be missed if you want to know everything about Baldur’s Gate 3. In the meantime be sure to drop by our Baldur’s Gate 3 wiki for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Devs Announce Next Panel From Hell For July 7th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: