Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Deep Silver release a new trailer announcing the official launch of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The trailer features some of the gameplay and characters that players will encounter.
- The game which was originally part of a Kickstarter campaign, managed to successfully fund it’s project when it was in it’s early stages of development. The tactical turn-based RPG features an array of classes to choose from and customisation of abilities.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker is a roleplaying game based on Paizo’s Pathfinder franchise, bringing the pen and paper game to an RPG format. Originally a table top game, it’s leaving the old for the new, and it’s arriving on PC on September 28th 2018
If you want to read more about this release find it in Pathfinder: Kingmaker Gets Release Date For September 28th 2018.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- It looks like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will have some gameplay footage to show at this year’s Playstation Experience 2018 in South East Asia. The event will take place on August 18th to 19th, 2018.
- In an announcement on the Playstation Asia Facebook page, a special message from Yasuhiro Kitao the Marketing Manager of FromSoftware was shared announcing that Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will have some gameplay shown at the event.
- This year’s Playstation Experience for South East Asia will take place at GMM Live House at Central World, Bangkok, Thailand. The event will feature a lineup of games for Playstation 4/PS VR to test out and play as well as show off some unseen gameplay, over the course of the weekend.
- The games featured so far include Capcom’s Resident Evil 2, Blood & Truth, Firewall Zero Hour to name a few.
- Tickets are available via the Playstation Asia Website.
If you want to find more details about the event, read about it here in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice To Premiere Gameplay At Playstation Experience South East Asia 2018.
Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. Launch
- Bethesda’s Fallout 76 was revealed at this year’s E3 2018 along with the announcement of the B.E.T.A (Break-it Early Test Application). In a forum post we now get news that it will launch in October 2018.
- The official Fallout 76 forum revealed that Fallout 76 B.E.T.A won’t be happening until October which is not far from the launch date of November 14th.
- In a post by a Bethesda community admin they share the following: “Starting in October we’ll be selecting people who have pre-ordered the game from a participating retailer to enter our B.E.T.A. We’ll start small and grow over time as we prepare for launch.”
- If you wish to get a chance of getting into the B.E.T.A be sure you’ve pre-ordered your copy of Fallout 76. Fallout 76 will launch later this year on November 14th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
If you wish to read more about this article find about it here in Fallout 76’s B.E.T.A. Will Launch In October 2018.
Warlocks II: Gods Slayers
- Developers Frozen District and publisher Fat Dog Games announce the release of their upcoming action-RPG Warlocks II: God Slayers. The sequel to the Warlocks franchise features a brand new story following the titled Warlocks who need to face the gods. The Order of the Warlocks must now confront the gods and dethrone them.
- The game features pixel art with hard-drawn animations accompanied with humorous storyline. The game is not only available to play online but with local co-op allowing up to four players to team up.
- Having learnt a lot from their first title, Frozen District strive to bring a more diverse class system, allowing players to level up their charaters and choose their skill along the way. Including three different worlds to explore, mid-world bosses as well as final bosses. Players will face 40 varied enemies that can be faced in both single-player mode, local or online co-op.
- Warlocks II: God Slayers will release first on PC and Nintendo Switch in October for $19.99, followed by Playstation 4 and Xbox One in Q1 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in Warlocks II: God Slayers Launches In October 2018.
Salt and Sanctuary Nintendo Switch Release
- Salt and Santuary has already had 800,000 downloads since it’s original release in March 2016, first on PS4 and later on PC and PS Vita. The action-RPG is coming to a new platform on August 2nd, Nintendo Switch with the help from porting specialist BlitWorks.
- Players will get to play the role of Saltborn, a customisable hero which can be adapted to chosen play-style and fight their way through a world full of the undead on a treacherous island. Choose to go it alone in single-player mode or team up with a friend in local co-op, navigate through the grim and forgotten bastion. Using hidden platforming abilities, air-dash and wall-jump you’re way in order to defeat the twenty horrific bosses that await you.
- Salt and Sanctuary will be available digitally for $17.99 for Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop available in multiple languages. Salt and Sanctuary is currently playable on PS4, PC and PS Vita.
- Be sure to follow our Fextralife Twitch channel as we’ll be playing some Salt & Sanctuary on the stream.
To read more about this news find it here in Salt And Sanctuary Releases On Nintendo Switch On August 2nd 2018
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Goes Gold
- Good news for Tomb Raider fans as the upcoming Shadow of the Tomb Raider has gone gold. Going gold is an industry term meaning that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is now complete and ready to be shipped for it’s September release. This is positive news announced by the Eidos Montreal Twitter account and it means it’s on track for it’s release date.
- Eidos Montreal the developer will still be working hard on fixing any bugs that may arise from now until launch, as it is usual for developers to send out a first day patch.
- Along with the news this week we get a trailer featuring some new gameplay.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be available on September 14th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. It’s already available for pre-order via Amazon.
To read more about the news find it here in Shadow of the Tomb Raider Has Gone Gold.
Immortal: Unchained New Trailer
- Toadman Interactive release a new story trailer for upcoming official release of Immortal: Unchained. The new trailer features some of the environments, gameplay as well as storyline.
- Immortal: Unchained is a sci-fi action-RPG, a first hard-core shooter that lets you choose from a range of guns, armor and special weapons to battle your way through nine worlds. In this latest trailer we get a closer look at the enemies that lie in wake, inhabiting the worlds within Immortal: Unchained. We also get to see a lot of different environments that players will face as they explore this desolate universe.
- If you would like a first-hand look at some of the gameplay be sure to check out our Immortal Unchained Gameplay video.
- You can also follow as on Twitch as Cas will be streaming more of the game this week.
- Immortal: Unchained will be releasing on PS4, Xbox One and PC on September 7th, 2018.
If you want to learn more about this news find it here in Immortal: Unchained Releases New Story Trailer.
Wizard of Legend Celebrate 500,000 Copies Sold
- Developer Contingent99 and publisher Humble Bundle released the co-op action game Wizard of Legend on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch back in May 2018. They now reach the milestone of selling 500,000 copies sold across all platforms.
- To celebrate their success they are not only releasing a new update but discounting their PC and Nintendo Switch versions by 10%. All versions of the game will be receiving a new large update called Nocturne. The latest update includes some quality of life changes, improved frame rate, faster load times and some minor changes to the Arcana system.
- There are some new features coming with the Nocturne update, these include a new NPC which is located in Lanova Plaza. Meeting this NPC will allow you to randomise Chaos Trial runs. Wizard of Legends now supports multiple languages which include French, German and Russian across all platforms.
- Wizard of Legend is currently available on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
To read more about the update you can find it here in Wizard of Legend Receives Update and Discount Celebrating 500,000 Copies Sold.
Ni no Kuni II First DLC
- Ni no Kuni 2 launched earlier this year in March 2018 for PC and PS4 with a season pass for future content. However, it was unclear as to when the upcoming DLC would be released.
- There is some news now shared by Bandai Namco that a DLC pack for Ni no Kuni 2 is on it’s way, releasing on August 9th.
- The upcoming DLC called the Adventure Pack will include free additional floors to the Faraway Forest, new bosses, costumes and new quests.
- This DLC is the first of the two packs that were promised in the season pass. But there is also a third DLC which will be released sometime early next year containing a large story expansion. Bandai Namco plan not to leave everyone in the dark for much longer as they say “Further details will be shared soon”.
- Ni no Kuni II is available to play on PC and PS4, with the upcoming Adventure Pack DLC coming to both platforms as a free update on August 9th 2018.
If you want to know more about the this news find it here in Ni No Kuni 2’s Season Pass Content.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: