Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is getting it’s first DLC release titled Beast of Winter this August 2018. The RPG sequel was released earlier this year, returning players to the adventure. Those who are looking to explore more about the world of Deadfire will have a lot to anticipate, as the release of the expansion comes in just a few weeks.
- Beast of Winter will release on August 2nd 2018 along with the game update version 2.0. The update will fix various bugs and include balance improvements. There are also a new set of trials for veteran players adding further challenge.
- The description of the DLC by Obsidian is as follows: “Upon receiving a missive from an isle of worshippers to the god of entropy and disaster, Beast of Winter takes the Watcher and his crew to the southernmost reaches of the Deadfire Archipelago. The Watcher is thought to be the harbinger of the end of all things and worshippers of the god of cold and decay, Rymrgand, have called upon the Watcher to fulfil their destiny.”
- The DLC is the first of the three expansions, the next one being Seeker, Slayer, Survivor which is set to release this September 2018 and The Forgotten Sanctum for November 2018.
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is now available to play on PC, Mac and Linux and it is heading to console on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch later this year.
To read further about this news you can find it here in Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire’s First DLC Beast Of Winter Releasing August.
World of Warcraft: BFA Pre-Patch and No More Base Game Purchase
- The upcoming expansion Battle for Azeroth (BFA) will be coming to World of Warcraft in a couple of weeks, but before that happens a pre-patch was rolled-out this week.
- The pre-patch brought some changes which include stat squish, class changes and rebalances. Stats have been squished much like they were done with previous expansions, reducing health, damage and stat numbers. Scaling down numbers so that it is easier for players to read.
- The patch will remove some of the older content which includes saying goodbye to all powerful Artifact weapons.
- One of the major changes with this expansion is War Mode. PvP servers have been running for a long time in the WoW universe, but with BFA this will no longer be happening. Blizzard are introducing War Mode which if turned on via your talents page, will enter you into PvP mode.
- But that’s not all, further news dropped this week as Blizzard announced that you can now play the base game plus all previous expansions by simply paying for a monthly subscription of $15. This will let you level your toon all the way up to 110. If you want access to the upcoming expansion Battle for Azeroth you will still need to purchase the expansion for a one time fee of $49.99.
- World of Warcraft is available to play on PC and Mac. The upcoming expansion Battle of Azeroth will launch next month on August 14th, 2018.
To read further about the changes find it here in Preparing For Battle For Azeroth Pre-Patch For World Of Warcraft On July 17th as well as World Of Warcraft No Longer Requires Base Game Purchase.
Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link
- The action-RPG Granblue Fantasy Re: Link up which has been solely marketed for the Japanese market, but we get news this weel that the publisher Cygames has plans to localise the project into a few languages.
- Confirmation from Gematsu with publisher Cygames has revealed that Granblue Fantasy Re: Link will be going international, as they plan to localise the game in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- There are further announcements coming when Granblue Fes 2018 takes place this December 15th to 16th in Mukuhari Messe in Chiba Japan. The game is originally set to launch this year, but due to the scale of development growing larger than originally planned, the release was delayed.
- Granblue Fantasy Re: Link is a game developed by Platinum Games and it is set to launch on Playstation 4 and Playstation VR. No news as of yet for the official launch date but more news will be coming later this year in December.
For more information and screenshots of game find it here in Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link Will Be Available In English, French, Italian, German And Spanish.
Hollow Knight DLC
- Team Cherry announce that the Metroidvania game Hollow Knight will be receiving a free DLC called Gods & Glory this August 23rd, 2018. The DLC will be available for PC and Nintendo Switch versions.
- Along with the announcement is a new trailer featuring the Gods & Glory DLC.
- The free DLC will contain a the largest amount of content released yet, offering challenging new bosses, non-player characters, new untold secrets and a new game mode. This will be the final chapter as well as content pack for the game.
- Hollow Knight is currently available to play on PC and Nintendo Switch, the latest DLC coming to both platforms on August 23rd 2018 as a free download.
To read further about the DLC find it here in Hollow Knight Gets Free DLC Gods & Glory Launches August 23rd.
Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War’s Update
- Developer Monolith Productions announced a new update that went live this week for Middle-earth: Shadow of War on platforms PS4, Xbox One and PC. The most key changes to the open-world action-RPG being the removal of the microtransactions and in-game marketplace.
- Along with removing these features, Monolith also have added updates for Shadow of War’s endgame. These changes include reducing the number of missions needed in order to have 100% completion of the game’s Shadow War’s aspects. They have added additional dialogue, improvements and alterations to the game’s progression system.
- What’s your reaction to this news? Let us know in the comments below.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War is available on PS4, Xbox One and PC, with the update having rolled out already.
To read more about the changes you can check out here in Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War’s Latest Update Removes Microtransactions.
No Man’s Sky
- It was a couple months ago that Hello Games developer of No Man’s Sky shared that they would adding multiplayer in the NEXT update on July 24th 2018. The update goes live in a few days, they share a new trailer featuring some of the multiplayer action.
- The official trailer shows some of the gameplay players will expect to see in the upcoming update called NEXT. Along with multiplayer comes an array of changes coming to the game. The biggest change being the addition of multiplayer, there has also been a visual overhaul as well as unlimited base building meaning players can now set up camp anywhere on any planet.
- Other improvements include upgrades to fleet of frigates, being able to send your fleet out into the universe and being able to invite your friends aboard your team missions in multiplayer mode.
- No Man’s Sky is available to play on PS4, Xbox One and PC, the free update will go live on July 24th 2018.
Call of Cthulhu
- Call of Cthulhu the Lovecraftian investigative RPG finally gets it’s release date announced by developer Cyanide.
- Call of Cthulhu is inspired by a short story from 1928 and the tabletop game of the same name from 1981. Players will take on the role of Edward Pierce, a private detective who is investigating the death of the Hawkins family. The narrative game sets to go deep into the Lovecraftian universe, involving Old Gods and a world of insanity.
- Along with the news, Cyanide release new screenshots showing what players can expect from the single player story.
- Call of Cthulhu is set to release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 30th 2018 just in time for Halloween and is available to pre-order.
If you want to know more about Call of Cthulhu, be sure to read about it in Call Of Cthulhu Announces Release Date For October 30th.
No Morrowind Remaster
- In a recent interview with The Guardian, Tom Howard the studio Director of Bethesda Games Studios shares his opinion about remastering The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Bethesda Games Studios has been well known for such titles as Fallout 1 & 3 as well as action-RPG The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Although they had remastered The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not long ago, Howard expresses his view on a remastered version of Morrowind:
- He says: “For Skyrim Remastered, we had done some work on it but it was already pretty visually close. But for something like Morrowind, my personal preference is not to remaster it.”
- Although he is not a fan of remastering older games, he still welcomes the backwards compatibility that is made available by such companies as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. He also see’s streamable games as a technology that will continue to progress.
If you wish to see more of what was covered in the interview you can find it here in Todd Howard Has No Intention In Remastering Morrowind.
ESO: Midyear Mayhem
- It’s time to ready your steed for battle as the PvP event for The Elder Scrolls Online: Midyear Mayhem makes it’s return.
- An event that celebrates the warrior Pelinal Whitestrake, players who take part in PvP mode during this even will not only receive double XP and Alliance Points but bonus rewards as well.
- The event will take place from Thursday July 26th at 10:00 AM EDT and will end on Monday August 6th at 10:00 AM EDT.
- Players will need to carry out a few tasks in order to take part in the event which includes obtaining a “Details on the Midyear Mayhem” ticket from the Crown Store and locating the NPC called Predicant Maera to pick up a quest.
- Those who part-take in this event also have a chance to unlock the achievement “Star-Made Knight”, which will reward players with a Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath headdress.
- Further rewards also include Transmute Crystals, Motifs, PvP consumables and much, much more.
- To know the full requirements and the upcoming rewards, read about it in our Midyear Mayhem article on Fextralife.com, so you’re prepared for battle. Also be sure to checkout the Fextralife Twitch channel during the event as we will be questing for honour and loot.
If you want to read all the details for Midyear Mayhem you can find it here in ESO Midyear Mayhem PvP Event Kicks Off July 26th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: