Last updated on July 26th, 2019
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Valkyrie Anatomia Developer Working on a “Large Scale” RPG
- It seems the developers of Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin are working on a new RPG and it is by no means small. In the latest Japanese job listings they are now recruiting for a “New PS4 Game Development Project…”
- The job listing also describes the game to be a “large-scaled” RPG and is being developed in Unreal Engine 4 and will start development around August or September.
- This title most likely won’t be a next-gen title as it specially states the current Playstation 4 generation. In the past DokiDoki have produced games on mobile and handheld devices, which have included the likes of the Nintendo Switch as well as PS Vita.
- For now there isn’t much information on the project title or release date and many details remain a mystery but we’ll keep you up to date as it arises.
To read more about this news find it here in Valkyrie Anatomia Developer Working On A “Large-Scale” RPG According To Job Posts.
- Last we heard about Death’s Gambit was in a developer update on Tumblr which outlined some of the progress they were making with a new free DLC. This included upcoming fixes, new abilities and metroidvania upgrades.
- Now it looks like they are interested in adding in some combat moves inspired by Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. In a tweet by developer Jean Canellas from White Rabbit, they released a short GIF demonstrating a Perfect Block. This will ultimately change up the way the game is played and could even alter how certain boss fights play out.
- In Sekiro, using Block and Deflect attacks will fill the character’s Posture gauge which both enemies and player possess, which adds a further challenge to combat. From the example it looks like it’s affecting a stamina meter, depleting rather than filling up a bar. But the hint of “changes” means there could be more additions coming to Death’s Gambit.
- What do you think about Sekiro inspired mechanics being added to Death’s Gambit? What other features do you think would be a good fit for the title? Let us know in the comments below.
To read more about this news find it here in Death’s Gambit Getting Some Sekiro Inspired Moves.
- The isometric action-RPG with dungeon crawler elements Torchlight 2 is coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 3rd.
- Bringing a fast-paced world full of monsters, treasures and secrets to unlock. The title is available to adventure through solo or with some friends online with up to 4 players total.
- Those who pre-order on all platforms will receive an exclusive pet Yapper. Those on Playstation 4 can gain a Faerie with their pre-orders and Xbox One players will gain a Molten Imp. Switch pre-order bonus to be announced.
- Torchlight II is available for pre-order for Playstation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch for $19.99 and will launch on September 3rd.
To read more about this news find it here in Torchlight II Releases On Consoles September 3rd.
- Ubisoft will be launching their own subscription based game service later this year and now are unveiling a full list of titles that will available upon launch.
- Set to cover 100 different titles from Ubisoft, Uplay+ will have about every game the publisher has to offer. This include the whole catalog of Assassin’s Creed games including Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, as well as newer releases such as Ghost Recon Breakpoint and upcoming God & Monsters.
- The subscription service will be launching on September 3rd for PC with the option to download these games to your PC for $14.99 a month. There is a free trial available to sign up for, which will go live September 3rd until the end of month so you can experience the service beforehand.
To read more about this news find it here in Ubisoft Announces Full List Of Games Coming To Uplay+ Subscription Service.
- Upcoming sci-fi action RPG Cyberunk 2077 is getting its very own lore book which will cover a number of topics about the universe.
- CD Projekt Red announce on Twitter through their Cyberpunk 2077 account that there will be a lore book that fans of the game can pre-order. The book is by Dark Horse Comics who have published comics and books covering Stranger Things, American Gods, even The Witcher adult colouring book and more.
- The Cyberpunk lore book titled “The Word of Cyberpunk 2077” will contain all you need to know on gangs, characters, weapons you can use and even cybernetics. If you want to get your hands on this title it is currently available to pre-order on Amazon for $39.99 and will be available on 21st April 2020.
To read more about this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Lore Book Announced.
Monster Hunter World
- Monster Hunter World is celebrating a whopping 13 million units shipped worldwide and giving hunters some Daily Login Bonuses.
- Capcom share via the Monster Hunter Twitter account that they have shipped 13 million units worldwide, which hits a rather large milestone. To celebrate they are giving hunters a Daily Login Bonus from July 25th until August 29, that’s 36 days of bonuses.
- Daily Login Bonuses will include 1 x Attack Jewel, 13 x Appreciation Ticket, 13 x Silver Egg, 3 x Gold Wyverian Print and 3 x Heavy Armor Sphere.
- Monster Hunter World is available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. The first expansion Iceborne will be releasing September 6th. PC version will release sometime in Winter 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Celebrates 13 Million Units With Login Daily Bonus.
Bandai Namco Gamescom 2019 Lineup
- Gamescom 2019 will be taking place this August with Bandai Namco attending. Their lineup has been announced which includes upcoming action-RPG Code Vein, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4, The Dark Pictures: Mad of Medan, One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows, Rad and Disney Tsum Tsum.
- But you might notice one big absence from this list and it’s the highly anticipated fantasy RPG, a collaboration between FromSoftware Director Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin, Elden Ring.
- We have previously explored when the release of Elden Ring may happen, predicting it will be late next year 2020 instead of the usual March or April. The fact that Bandai have not listed Elden Ring among their showcase, could mean that they are not at the stage to show more of this title.
- Looks like we will have to wait for TGS 2019 this year for more info or news on Elden Ring. In the meantime you can check out Elden Ring wiki for all the latest information.
To read more about this news find it here in Bandai Namco Announces Gamescom 2019 Lineup With No Elden Ring.
- Last week Nintendo unveiled a brand new Switch model, the Switch Lite. However, there has now been news that a new model with an improved battery life is underway.
- The new model called HAC-001 will feature a longer battery life, extending gameplay up to two hours more. This means the Switch will have an uptime between 4.5 to 9 hours. The current Switch model has between 2.5 to 6.5 hours and the Switch Lite has 3 to 7 hours.
- According to the Nintendo’s Switch Product page, players will be able to play Breath of the Wild on the go for 5.5 hours. Nintendo have not officially released details about how they have extended the battery life, but according to the Switch Lite model, the battery life was improved due to more efficient chip layout so this could be the same deal.
- This particular Switch model is predicted to launch in August and Europe beginning of September. The Nintendo Switch Lite will be launching on September 20th for $200.
To read more about this news find it here in Nintendo Announces New Switch Model With Better Battery Life.
Moonlighter DLC Between Dimensions Releases July 23rd
- 11 Bit Studios announced a new DLC for action shopkeeper RPG Moonlighter, which will be getting the Between Dimensions DLC this July.
- The new DLC follows a story of a new Portal that mysteriously appears out of nowhere. Whether it comes in peace or if you can use it to make a profit is still uncertain. Should you enter this cryptic Portal and venture into the unknown?
- The DLC Between Dimensions is the largest expansion Moonlighter has so far. It also extends the main experience which includes filling current dungeons with new creatures, mini bosses, new weapons but also new shop items and rings.
- The DLC sets to include 10 unique weapons, new shops upgrades, new customers and additional story.
- Moonlighter – Between Dimensions DLC will release on PC on July 23rd via Steam and consoles at a later date.
To read more about this news find it here in Moonlight DLC Between Dimensions Releases July 23rd For PC; Consoles Coming Later.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: