Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition
- Loarian Studios have shared in a recent update some of the changes via their Kickstarter that will go into effect for the development of Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition.
- In a developer’s update video they share some of the “thousands of changes” they have implemented for the complete edition.
- A new tutorial has been added to the game which entails a new deck and characters in the starting ship. Further work has been done to combat in order to smooth out and rework certain encounters adding some new surprises and new fights.
- A new mode is another addition, story mode has been included which is assured to be an easier difficulty to Explorer mode. If you wish to change difficulties you can do so freely throughout the campaign.
- Those who pre-order the Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition will receive Sir Lora a mini companion you can recruit in-game. Those who own the Original Sin 2 on PC before the launch of the Definitive Edition will also receive Sir Lora.
- Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition will be coming to consoles on August 31, 2018. PC should already be able to switch between the original and the updated Definitive Edition.
If you wanted read further about the upcoming changes you can read more about it here in Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Dev Update.
Kingdom Come Deliverance
- Warhorse Studios has released a new hardcore mode for Kingdom Come Deliverance, which will add further challenges to your experience.
- Choose from a variety of Perks which will negatively effect your stats, these include “Consumption”, “Nightmares”, “Tape Worm”, “Claustrophobic” or “Shakes” which add some interesting elements to gameplay.
- Other hardcore features include no fast travel, no autosaving and no stat indicators. Health and stamina will only be noticeable through in-game visual effects. Hardcore mode is ready to play and is a free update.
- Warhorse also share some more details for their upcoming DLC From the Ashes. This DLC will add entirely new features to the game where players will be in charge of a village. Use their management skills to help build and employ NPCs to come work for them.
- Learn what it takes to be a good bailiff of the village, manage the books which include resources needed to craft and build. Run a negative balance and your reputation will suffer.
- From the Ashes DLC will release sometime this year 2018. If you want to see some Kingdom Come Devliverance gameplay be sure to check out the Fextralife Twitch channel where Cas will be exploring hardcore mode.
If you want to read more about the new Hardcore Mode or From the Ashes DLC read about it here in From The Ashes Let’s Players Build And Manage A Village And Hardcore Mode.
- Starfield is a new IP the first for Bethesda in almost twenty-five years. It was announced at E3 2018 and not much information was shared but we did get a glimpse of the game.
- Bethesda confirms that the game will be solely a single-player RPG. Unlike the announcement of Fallout 76 which will be a multiplayer open-world survival, Starfield will concentrate on the single player experience.
- Those who may have been dissapointed that the Fallout game doesn’t follow the usual formula, may find some solace in this new project. It’s the first space-based game for Bethesda, a new genre that the developer has not explored before.
- But any hopes for this new IP to release soon were dashed as Bethesda announced they were concentrating on the “next generation of gaming technology” although this does not confirm it will release on future consoles such as PS5 or Xbox 2, it does suggest it will be some time before we even get to see some gameplay.
- Starfield has been a longtime in the making, Pete Hines Vice President at Bethesda has been wanting to make this kind of game since the 90’s, however the kind of the technology needed didn’t exist back then.
To read more about Starfield find it here in Bethesda Confirms Starfield To Be A Single Player RPG.
Fallout 76 C.A.M.P and Nukes
- We get two new trailers this week from Bethesda Softworks for the upcoming open-world Fallout 76.
- One trailer features an introduction to the Construction and Assembly Mobile Platform or better known as C.A.M.P. This allows access to shelter, supplies as well as much needed safety against the ferocious monsters and possible other unfriendly survivors. Through this platform players are able to build and craft necessary items for their survival and their base.
- The trailer also shows off some of the combat that players will encounter as well as a new photo mode. Players will be able to strike a pose next to their latest conquest and take a snap to commemorate the occasion.
- The second trailer introduces us to the most deadliest weapon in the game, nukes. Bethesda introduces nuclear weapons to Fallout 76 in a comedic yet deadly intro video.
- Here they go into detail about how to acquire a full set of codes needed to launch the ultimate weapon, an atom bomb.
- The trailer also shows result of some of the fallout which can give you special loot but can come with at hefty price. New glowing creatures will pop up and need to be taken out in order to explore the area.
- Fallout 76 is set to release on Xbox One, PC and PS4 on November 14th, 2018 with beta version coming to Xbox One first prior to the release date. Players can opt-in for beta via the Bethesda website.
To read further about both these trailer find them here in Fallout 76 “A New American Dream! An Intro To C.A.M.P” Gameplay Video and Fallout 76 Trailer “The Power Of The Atom! Intro To Nukes”.
NieR Automata on Xbox One
- NieR: Automata finally gets it’s Xbox One release and launches with a new trailer. Awarded as one of the best games of last year, Xbox fans will be able to play the action RPG.
- Xbox One players will be able to pick up the Become As Gods Edition in digital format which will come with all the previous DLCs that were released for the PS4 version of the game. The game was originally released on PS4 and PC via Steam of March last year.
- NieR: Automata is set in a world where androids are set to battle against the bio-machines who have invaded the planet. A new android infantry called the YoRHa squad are the last heroes to take down the invaders in this blend of action combat and dramatic story. While the game is a sequel to NieR players will not need to know what happened in the previous game but those who have played it will enjoy little easter eggs that pop up now and again.
- NieR: Automata is available to play on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. If you’re picking up NieR: Automata be sure to check out our NieR:Automata wiki which will help you in your quest to bring down the bio-machines.
To read more about this news find it here in NieR: Automata Releases On Xbox One With Launch Trailer.
Sony Cross-play Problems
- In recent news Sony has been under-fire when it comes to their lack of cross-play with some major titles. While other platforms have started opening their cross-play doors, will Sony listen to their customers and add this feature? There might be a glimmer hope.
- In a recent interview at the Gamelab conference in Spain, the president/CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America, Shawn Layden commented on a rather prickly issue about the current state of cross-play.
- The issue was spotlighted with recent Fornite access on multiple platforms. Players who had previous accounts on Fornite registered through Epic Games on PS4 found their accounts were not accessible when logging into Nintendo Switch devices.
- He said: “We’re hearing it. We’re looking at a lot of the possibilities. You can imagine that the circumstances around that affect a lot more than just one game. I’m confident we’ll get to a solution which will be understood and accepted by our gaming community, while at the same time supporting our business.”
- What are your thoughts about this? Let us know in the comments below.
To read further about this news article read about it here in Sony On Possible PS4 Cross-Play In Future.
Dark Souls III Cut PvP Mode
- A data miner has recently uncovered some secrets to the alpha build of Dark Souls 3 revealing that some sort of PvP event may have been a feature at one point. In a recent Youtube video a data miner by the name of Lance McDonald, shares a few things that never made it to the released version of Dark Souls 3.
- One of the most interesting features is a special event where groups of players could be summoned at one time to create a brawl PvP event.
- The alpha does not look too dissimilar to the final version of the game, but he does explore the “Moonlight Ceremony” an event he was able to materialise using a combination of unusual items, that were buried deep in the code of the alpha build.
- Each item appears to initiate certain events such as being transported to the High Wall of Lothric and a Battle Royale PvP mode which could have been an extension of the arena.
If you want to read further about what was uncovered in the alpha be sure to check it out in Dark Souls 3 Data Miner Discovers Possible Cut PvP Mode.
Playstation Plus Games July 2018
- Sony Playstation has announced the July 2018 lineup for games available for Playstation Plus subscribers.
- Playstation Plus is a great way to try out some games you may have missed. Subscribers will be able to access two Playstation 4 titles this month which are Absolver and Heavy Rain.
- Absolver is a multiplayer martial arts combat game involving players who wear masks of a Prospect, which are under the control of the Guides who are the new rulers of the fallen Adal Empire. Gain new weapons, gear and armour and then face off in the Arenas of combat.
- Heavy Rain by the developers Quantic Dream who recently released the much acclaimed Detroit: Become Human will also be available on Playstation Plus this July. The action-adventure game follows four protagonists as the mystery of the Origami Killer is unveiled. Players will be able to make choices that drive the narrative of the story.
- Playstation Plus subscribers will also have access to Playstation 3 titles Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess and Rayman 3 HD. For PS Vita, Space Overlords and Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemmas.
To read further details about July’s Playstation Plus game read it here in Playstation Plus Free Games For July 2018.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: