Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
The Elder Scrolls Online
- In a recent livestream, Bethesda shared the first look at the MMORPG Elder Scrolls Online: Wolfhunter DLC dungeons. The two dungeons are Moon Hunter Keep and March of the Sacrifices. In their livestream they revealed some of the creatures, challenges and rewards that players will face in this upcoming DLC.
- Each dungeon can be completed in Normal, Veteran and Veteran Hard Mode. just by entering the two dungeons players will receive the Werewolf Hunter Hat which is only available with the DLC.
- The first dungeon shown is Moon Hunter Keep which is set in Reaper’s March. Previously run by a group of werewolf hunters called the Order of the Silver Dawn, it is up to the players in this dungeon to defeat the Moon Hunter pack to take back the keep.
- The second dungeon shown is March of Sacrifices, which is set in Daedric plain of Hircine, the Hunting Grounds. This dungeon will take you to Daedric prince’s realm for the Great Hunt which involves tracking down the chosen target known as “The Hare”. Only those who obtain the heart of the creature will receive a boon from Hircine.
- The Wolfhunter DLC will be coming soon to all platforms with Update 19.
To read further about the update be sure to check out it out in The Elder Scrolls Online: Wolfhunter Dungeons Preview and for a full look at the changes with the update you can find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Wolfhunter Changes: The Age Of The Werewolf.
Monster Hunter World PC Release
- Capcom finally reveal the release date for Monster Hunter World on the PC platform. Capcom have been rather successful in this action RPG Monster Hunter World, releasing the console version earlier this year. They announced they would be bringing the MMO to PC and confirm that the release will be on August 9th 2018.
- Along with the release date they share a launch trailer which shows off some of the gameplay on the PC platform.
- Monster Hunter World the popular action RPG was originally released on PS4 and Xbox One on January 26th, 2018. The massively successful title has already shipped over eight million copies worldwide. Pre-orders for the PC version are already available via Steam.
To read further about the PC release find it here in Monster Hunter World PC Releases August 9th 2018.
Dark Souls Remastered Patch Update
- Bandai Namco shared details in their patch notes for latest patch update 1.03 for Dark Souls Remastered.
- The patch will included some fixes which have caused havoc during multiplayer where players on PC and PS4 would go invisible. It also included a fix for The Four Kings in The Abyss that have had display issues, messages that do not show when other players are online and improved security when it comes cheating during online multiplayer.
- Dark Souls Remastered is available on PS4, Xbox One and PC, with the release for Nintendo Switch scheduled for this Summer 2018, still no word as for expected release date.
To read about all bug fixes in this update find them here in Dark Souls Remastered Patch 1.03 Update.
- The acclaimed Metroidvania Dead Cells by Indie developer Motion Twin will be releasing on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch on August 7th, 2018.
- Dead Cells is rogue-lite, Castlevania inspired action platformer, where players can explore an ever changing castle as they fight their way through it’s keepers. The game features intense action, nonlinear progression, pattern-based bosses as well as weapons and spells along with unique gameplay.
- The game will be priced at $24.99 and pre-orders for Dead Cells digital editions are now available on PS4 and Xbox One, those who order before the release date will get a 20% discount. Pre-orders for Nintendo Switch will start a little later on July 18th, 2018. The title will be coming to PC via Steam and GOG.com.
To read further about the release along with pre-order editions find it here in Dead Cells Releases on All Platforms on August 7th.
Code Vein Delayed Release
- The upcoming Souls-like JRPG Code Vein will not be releasing in September, instead it will be launching next year.
- In a recent tweet on the Code Vein Japanese twitter account, a tweet explains the delay of the release of the game until 2019.
- The original release was supposed to be on September 27th but it looks like Code Vein fans will have to wait until next year. According the statement it seems they wanted more time to polish the game and release a high quality game. It was not long ago that they releases introductions to companion characters such as Mia Karnstein and Louis.
- In another tweet from the Bandai Namco Europe account, they announce that the game will no longer be playable at the upcoming Gamescom 2018which was previously announced. The message backs up the Code Vein tweet as they mention “ensuring the final product delivers on the expectations set amongst fans”.
- Code Vein will now release on PS4, Xbox One and PC sometime next year 2019.
If you want to read further about this news you can find it here in Code Vein Delayed To 2019 Release.
The Witcher Series
- CD Projekt Red’s most successful franchise is the The Witcher games, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt being the latest in the series. They are however taking a break between games as they concentrate on other projects such as the spin-off card game GWENT and Cyberpunk 2077.
- In an interview on a Polish website called Bankier, the President and CEO of CD Projekt Red Adam Kiciński revealed that the next game in the franchise will not be called The Witcher 4.
- In the interview they explain that: The first three “Witchers” were by definition a trilogy, so we simply could not name the next game “The Witcher 4”. This does not mean, of course, that we will leave the world of The Witcher, created by us for over a dozen years, who love and still demand players around the world. “The Witcher” is one of two franchises on which to build in the future activities of the company.
- The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt was released in 2015 on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The upcoming project Cyberpunk 2077 is to release in 2019 but the exact date has not been revealed.
If you want to read more about the interview you can find it here in The Witcher Series Will Continue But There Won’t Be A Witcher 4.
- Indie developer Hibernian Workshop and The Arcade Crew release a new trailer featuring the desolate world of Dark Devotion. A game that focuses on strong RPG influences in a side-scrolling action game. The game is currently set to release on PC.
- The latest trailer delves into the dark the world in a story driven trailer, narrated with hand-drawn animated characters. This bleak world revolves around a religious group that are in charge, they punish those that lack devotion to their cause.
- Dark Devotion started as an Kickstarter project and has since been Nominated for Best Graphics and Best Game at Bitsummit 2018. The game is set to release on PC but no news of the release window as of yet.
To read further about this news find it here in Dark Devotion Releases A New Trailer About The Ominous World.
Monster Hunter Animated Special
- While Capcom has released news of a film production of the Monster Hunter, an animated special is also in the works. The special called Monster Hunter: Legends of the Guild will be completed this winter with it’s premiere releasing in 2019.
- The 3D animated feature will follow the story of a young man who sets to prove his mettle as a monster hunter. An opportunity arises when his village is ensnared by an Elder Dragon, a beast that is detailed by Capcom in a press release as “a veritable force of nature made flesh.”
- The producer of the Monster Hunter franchise Ryozo Tsujimoto, assures they will deliver what avid Monster Hunter fans love most about the world. But also outlines that those new to the adventure will also be able to enjoy it. Capcom will team up with Pure Imagination Studios for this project.
- Legends of the Guild is the upcoming animated special that will be releasing next year 2019.
To read further about this news find it here in Monster Hunter To Get 3D Animated Special.
The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep Release
- This year marks the 30th anniversary of the The Bard’s Tale III: The Thief of Fate, having a release of a new title this year is a way to commemorate this milestone. The Bard’s Tale IV:Barrows Deep is now available on beta through inXile Entertainment’s Kickstarter campaign, those who have backed the game with an Ultimate of Platinum edition pre-order.
- The game is a first-person party RPG, following the series well known formula. But with the latest title, a major upgrade has been given in terms of visuals using Unreal Engine 4. Exploring the world of Caith, influenced by Scotland, players will take on quests, dungeon crawlers and puzzle solving.
- The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep is set to release on September 18th 2018 for PC, with it’s release on console later this Fall 2018.
To read further about this news find it here in The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep Is Releasing On September 18th 2018
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: