Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Horizon Zero Dawn
- PC fans rejoice as Horizon Zero Dawn has been announced to be coming to PC this August 7th. The Action-RPG will be releasing on Steam as the Complete Edition of the game, this means you will get the original version along with the DLC The Frozen Wilds, a digital art book and some additional in-game outfits and packs. You can pre-purchase Horizon Zero Dawn at the retail price of $49.99.
- Along with the announcement is some brand new footage of Horizon Zero Dawn running on PC, getting a major upgrade on a new platform. It comes with a higher variable frame rate, ultra wide support, graphics customisation and some very detail reflections. So if you thought it looked pretty good on PS4 Pro, it will look even better on PC.
- Guerrilla Games also recently announced the sequel Horizon Forbidden West which will be coming to PS5 at some point in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in 2 Horizon Zero Dawn Comes To PC In August.
- Cold Symmetry have now unleashed the open beta for their brutal Action-RPG Mortal Shell this week on the Epic Game Store. The developer has decided to move into an open beta after feedback from players according to their discord.
- This souls-like brings its own flavour to the genre, as players will take on the dark world while adopting different Shells which grant a number of skills and special abilities. Combat is shaped by the shell you inhabit and warriors you choose to awaken.
- During the open beta players will get to try two shells, Tiel and Harros. Tiel is of The Acolyte, using stamina and mobility to its advantage, plus a unique shadow mechanic. Harros on the other hand will provide a good balance between defence and attack.
- If you want to see more of the gameplay in action be sure to check out our video which features 40 minutes of gameplay.
- Mortal Shell is currently in closed beta so catch it while you can, and will be releasing in Q3 of 2020 on PC via Epic Games Store, PS4 and Xbox One.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne
- This week Capcom delivered their Developer Diary 6.0, which revealed a roadmap for Monster Hunter World Iceborne, showing what’s to come from July to Fall 2020.
- In the Title Update 4 which released this week on July 9th, the arrival of the Alatreon Blazing Black Dragon, plus some special events will be held from July 22nd to August 6th, the Sizzling Spice Fest (Seliana) and the Summer Twilight Fest (Astera). You can check out the full event list on our Monster Hunter World wiki.
- In August, a new update will bring the addition of the Frostfang Barioth event quest (Tempered). This means also the Frostfang weapons, armor and Palico Gear being obtainable as well. The event will take place from August 7th to 19th.
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne is currently available to play on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Iceborne Update July To Fall 2020 Roadmap Unveiled.
Ghost of Tsushima
- The patch notes for upcoming Ghost of Tsushima has outlined the size for the day one patch for the open-world action game. According to the latest leaked info flagged by Twisted Voxel, the day one update size will be 7.9 GB. This includes both 1.01 and 1.02. updates to release on day one.
- So far there isn’t much detail for the patch notes, only referring to fixes to localisation issues and some various bugs. This update will be released on top of the previously revealed total game size Ghost of Tsushima which is 50GB. So if you’re planning on playing, be sure to reserve some space for the upcoming patches.
- Recently Ghost of Tsushima was announced by Sucker Punch to have gone gold, meaning it’s all set to be released on time for launch day. Some new details have been released since then including your horse won’t be able to die.
- Ghost of Tsushima will be releasing on July 17th exclusively on Playstation 4 and later on Playstation 5. If you want to know more about the game be sure to check out our Ghost Of Tsushima: Gameplay First Impressions Analysis.
For more on this news find it here in Ghost Of Tsushima Day Update Will Be About 8GB.
Rumour: Elden Ring
- A leak may have just surfaced via the Spanish gaming news website Somosxbox, which shares details of upcoming Elden Ring by Fromsoftware. The article states on a 4chan forum translation teams have leaked “info” that has some interesting details about the elusive game.
- According to the leak Elden Ring will have gameplay is similar to Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 but slower, with added mobility of jumping like in Sekiro but specifies “no wall jumping”.
- Other details supposedly leaked include no classes, but a customisable character much like in Bloodborne. Also a ghost horse is used as a mount and can carry equipment.
- There is also interesting details about bosses, the post shared that there are 5 bosses that are each in charge of their own kingdom. There is also details about a day/night system which will effect the difficulty of enemies including bosses at night.
- From this supposed leaked info it’s hard to say whether there is a drop of truth to this, as a lot of this could be guess work made on the current info available. Although, a day and night system that buffs enemies sounds interesting and will make you think twice about venturing out during the night. We will have to wait as see if the Xbox Series X event will give us finally some much awaited details on this mysterious Action-RPG.
For more on this rumour find it here in Rumour: Elden Ring Details Leaked Before Xbox Games Showcase .
Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood
- It was not too long ago that Cyanide Studios announced they would be releasing the RPG Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood in 2020 at IGN’s Summer of Games, however the studio now shares it won’t be releasing until February 4th 2021.
- The developer has also release a new trailer featuring gameplay for the werewolf raging title. It shows off main character Cahal’s three forms which includes a wolf form uses to sneak up behind unsuspecting enemies, his werewolf form Crinos smashing foes left and right. Then finally his human form taking up a crossbow, all set to the tune of some heavy metal.
- The upcoming game is based on White Wolf Publishing’s tabletop roleplaying game Werewolf: The Apocalypse set in the World of Darkness which is a universe shared by the Vampire: The Masquerade games.
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood will be releasing on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC via Epic Games Store on February 4th 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood Delayed To 2021.
- During the Nacon event this week, Spiders has announced their next project Steelrising. A game set during the French Revolution about King Louis XVI’s automaton army which is terrorising the citizens of Paris. In this retelling, players will get to change the course of history.
- To say the least the plot sounds completely bizarre, but the trailer shows some of the vision for this game. Kind of like a cross between steampunk with an automated puppet army.
- In this RPG, Spiders is focusing on a more action based game according to PCGamer, with verticality and integrated level design.
- Aegis also has both melee weapons, “alchemical rifles” and more heavy duty weapons which can be adorned on her body. Her body can also be upgraded and parts replaced, which can be gained from completing a number of side quests.
- Steelrising currently has no release date but will be releasing on PC and next-generation consoles.
For more on this news find it here in Greedfall Developer Spiders Announces Steelrising.
Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning will be delayed to September 8th 2020, from it’s original August 18th release date. Pushing the launch a month most likely due to the current pandemic, which has affected a number of developers.
- Along with this news comes a brand new cinematic trailer featuring the Fateless One, the main character players will take on. In the trailer it shows the one fighting a horde of Niskaru, a type of demon.
- More news was also announced, THQ will be releasing downloadable content, the DLC Fatesworn will be releasing in 2021. Originally the game has a few DLCs which included two-story additions that introduced new dungeons plus areas for the player to discover.
- So far no exact time frame has been announced for the Fatesworn DLC, but new details should be released as we get closer to 2021.
For more on this news Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Delayed; New DLC Announced For 2021.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong
- Developer Big Bad Wolf along with publisher Bigben have announced upcoming RPG Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong will be coming to next generation platforms plus revealed a brand new trailer.
- During the Nacon Connect event, a new story trailer was revealed for Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong, showing more of the details and some the game’s characters. Swansong will feature three different vampires from three unique clans. Player decisions will impact outcomes in the game, and will also come with a number of consequences.
- Previously Big Bad Wolf talked about the setting for Swansong, about “internal feuds” and “climate change” which could mean a blood feud between clans.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong will be launching next year in 2021 for Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Switch and PC via Epic Games Store.
For more on this news find it here in Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Confirmed For Next-Gen Consoles.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: