Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Developers of action rogue-like platformer Dead Cells Motion Twin have shared that most likely it won’t receive a sequel.
- Dead Cells the action packed Metrovania title received great success with their sales, making waves with the Nintendo Switch platform. However, Motion Twin’s game designer Sébastien Bénard now shares his thoughts on a second title in an interview with Game Informer
- He said: “In terms of a sequel, we know for sure it’s not a good idea to dwell on your success. If you create a big hit, it’s best to use this energy to make something different. I don’t think we’ll make a Dead Cells 2.“
- Benard went on to say that they would continue to add further content Dead Cells. The title has already seen a new custom game mode and some extra challenges.
- Dead Cells is available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
To read more about this news find it here in Dead Cells Sequel Unlikely Says Devs.
Monster Hunter World
- Capcom loves their collaborations, this time teaming up with Assassin’s Creed in the latest Monster Hunter World crossover. Players will be able to get their hands on a special themed layered armor and Assassin’s Hood until January 10th.
- Players will be able to receive Bayek Layered Armor and the Assassin’s Hood Mantle to not only look the part but deal “additional damage to monsters when attacking from a stealth state!”
- Players will need to complete the SDF: Silent, Deadly, and Fierce event quest in order to unlock these items.
- Both of these items are available now for Monster Hunter World until January 10th 2019 for Playstation 4 and Xbox One so catch them while you can. Those on PC will have to wait a little longer for these items, the date is yet to be announced.
To read more about this news find it here in Monster Hunter World X Assassin’s Creed Crossover Announced.
God Eater 3
- God Eater 3 has been out since December 13, 2018 in Japan but for the rest of the world we are still waiting for its release in February, but news of a demo is coming this January.
- Rejoice as we have news that Bandai Namco will release a demo for God Eater 3 on January 11, which will be available until January 13.
- In the Demo players can create a character and fight Aragamis in both single and multiplayer missions.
- Those on Playstation 4 will be able to try out the demo, no news as of yet whether there will be a demo on PC.
- God Eater 3 will be released for PlayStation 4 and PC for the rest of the world on February 8, 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in God Eater 3: Announced Western PS4 Demo Date.
- EA and Bioware announce the start date for the Anthem demos, players who have pre-ordered and subscribed to EA’s services will be able to play the VIP demo. Along with the VIP demo dates, also comes news of the free demo dates as well.
- Those who have pre-ordered Anthem or have EA Access (Origin Access) will be able to play the VIP demo starting January 27th 2019. Those who participate in the demo will receive an exclusive in-game item once the game is released. So far Bioware have not revealed what this in-game item is.
- A week later will be the launch of the demo which can be accessed by everyone on Friday February 1st until Sunday February 3rd 2019.
- Anthem comes to PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One on February 22nd, pre-orders are available via Amazon.
To read more about this news find it here in Bioware Announce Anthem VIP Demo And Demo Dates.
- In a blog post Bethesda have shared their plans for Fallout 76 for 2019, this includes future content involving player vending and a new PvP mode.
- A new update will come out later this month, this includes improvements similar to that of the last update which covered improvements to the C.A.M.P. mechanics, S.P.E.C.I.A.L. respec and push to talk feature for PC players.
- The next updates tease “new quests, weekly in-game events, new Vaults opening, a new PvP mode, Player Vending and much more.” The biggest addition will be player vending, allowing players to put up their items for sale in-game.
- The mention of new quests, in-game events and new Vaults means more content. What the vaults will contain is another mystery yet to be revealed.
- Fallout 76 is currently available on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.
To read more about this news find it here in Fallout 76 To Get Player Vending And New PvP Mode In 2019.
- The developer of Dark Souls FromSoftware apparently has two games in the works but has yet to reveal what they are.
- According to Hidetaka Miyazki the studio president in an interview with 4Gamer.net (via Gematsu) there are two titles in production which he describes as “[From Software]-esque games” but is apparently no where near ready to tell the public about it.
- Miyazaki also made a comment about the recent Bloodborne Easter Egg found in their VR title Déraciné. While speculation was at an all time high of a Bloodborne sequel, Miyazaki says it was simply there because “I, as well as several staff, like the title Bloodborne…” and calls it “pure mischief“. While this might put a damper on a possible Bloodborne 2, there might still be some hope in future if this is not one of the current titles in production.
To read more about this news find it here in FromSoftware Are Working On 2 Unannounced Games.
- In a brand new video called “Coming Attractions”, Playstation Europe shares some of the big games coming to Playstation 4 this year, as well as some upcoming titles.
- The myriad of games featured are not just Playstation exclusives but also spotlight some third-party ones.
- While the video doesn’t premiere any new footage for each of the games, it does show that there are a fair few titles still in queue for their current generation console.
- The showcase includes some Playstation exclusives including Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part II. Other third-party titles include Devil May Cry 5, Kingdom Hearts III and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
To read more about this news find it here in Playstation EU Shares Upcoming Games In Coming Attractions Video.
The New York Video Game Awards 2018
- Nominees for The New York Video Game Awards 2018 have been revealed including titles such as Monster Hunter World, Celeste, Assassin’s Creed, God of War, Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Dead Cells to name a few. Red Dead Redemption 2 alone has scooped up six award nominations, followed by God of War with five.
- Along with the nominees for games, Jade Raymond will be presented with a Andrew Yoon Legend Award for her contribution in the gaming industry.
- The New York Games Awards 2018 will take place on January 22nd 2019 at 7:30pm. You can catch the livestream on Twitch.
To read more about this news find it here in The New York Video Game Awards 2018 Nominations Revealed.
Persona 5 R
- Atlus have been hard at work developing the Persona franchise, a reveal from them teases Persona 5 R which could be an enhanced version of Persona 5.
- In a brief video which followed a broadcast of the Persona animation special Dark Sun in Japan, “Persona 5 R” was shown on screen. Although not officially shown as a title in the video, there was a website address P5R.jp which suggests a new game.
- The teaser video features Tokyo’s Shibuya district with tv screens plastered with the P5 icon. A message also follows the video saying “New Projects”and “2019.3” indicating more news will be revealed in March 2019. At this stage it is not definitive whether the new projects refers to P5R or other spinoff games, as this could be possible as we have already seen a few in the franchise.
- It looks like the title will also be coming to the Playstation 4 platform as the video begins with the logo, however there could be further platforms revealed later on.
To read more about this news find it here in Atlus Hint At Persona 5R Plus Other New Projects.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: