Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter World
- There’s a lot going on this year for Monster Hunter World Iceborne in terms of free post-launch updates, as Capcom have revealed their plan for both console and PC content. Both console and PC players will be able to celebrate Monster Hunter: World’s second anniversary with in-game events happening not only Iceborne but World as well.
- The released roadmap spans over the course of the next 6 months and onward, with plenty happening including syncing major updates for both PC and console starting in April 2020.
- Events include the Grand Appreciation Fest in January to February, further updates adding new monsters and in April will be the first synced updates meaning PC will start receiving updates at the same time with console. Since Monster Hunter World launched on consoles first, PC had a bit of a catch up with updates but that will all change come April.
- For the full outline of upcoming updates be sure to stop by the Fextralife website for more info. You can also visit the Monster Hunter World wiki for all the latest.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Iceborne Post-Launch Content Roadmap.
World of Horror
- Next month is the release of retro 1-bit RPG World of Horror which is influenced by Lovecraft and manga artist Junji Ito.
- This eerie RPG concentrates on building a sense of unease, launching in early access this February, World of Horror is created by developer Pawel Kozminski who describes this game’s story as a “cosmic horror”.
- Players can choose from five playable characters, each with their own back story and perspectives of the world plunging into chaos. You must solve puzzles and mysteries with the use of spells that take your sanity. World of Horror is a roguelite with turn-based combat played through playing a deck of cards to depict events, set with unforgiving consequences.
- World of Horror comes to Steam Early Access on February 20th 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Creepy RPG World Of Horror Releases On Steam Early Access Next Month.
- After announcing the delay of Cyberpunk 2077 to September this year, developer CD Projekt Red have shared that the multiplayer feature won’t be part of the game until “after 2021”. This was revealed during an investor question and answer session which was posted online.
- The call involved Michał Nowakowski who is a member of CD Projekt’s board of directors and senior vice president of business and development, who answered a question pertaining if we could expect to experience multiplayer in Cyberpunk 2077 in 2021. To which Nowakowski replied that is was “unlikely”.
- Previously the developer shared last year in September on their official Twitter account that they would follow up the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 with free DLC and then add multiplayer once it was ready.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will launch on September 17th for Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Not Available Until After 2021.
- This week a short several second clip from Godfall has been circling the reddit forums, said to be taken from an internal trailer for the developer Counterplay Games. The developer has confirmed today that it was indeed part of their internal video, released in the beginning of 2019.
- The Reddit user who posted the footage also shared that this video is not a current look of the final quality of game. What is shown in the video is a few different locations, some more of the melee combat and a few enemies players will face.
- While this might not be the final look, it gives a good idea of what to expect.
- Are you hyped for Godfall? Let us know in the comments below.
- Godfall will release on PC and will be a PS5 launch title this year 2020. You can check out our Everything We Know About Godfall article for more details.
For more on this news find it here in Godfall Early 2019 Internal Trailer Leaked.
- Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Gust have released a new trailer showing off the town of Magnolia in upcoming title Fairy Tail.
- The latest trailer shows the town of Magnolia, which has been recreated in the action-RPG Fairy Tail. Based on the on anime of the same name, the game will bring fans a first hand experience of the series, with plenty of characters that they know and love.
- Locations recreated and can be explored in-game, this includes a bright and cheerful look at merchant city Magnolia in the latest trailer, where main characters can be seen gleefully seeing the sights.
- The video description explains the hard work that went into building the town brick by brick over the course of six months, referring to scenes straight from the anime for reference, creating this environment in 3D.
- Fairy Tail will release on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC on March 19th 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Fairy Tail Magnolia Trailer.
- The monster collector title inspired by Pokemon, Temtem has released this week along with its launch trailer.
- While Temtem certainly has some pretty close similarities to Pokemon games, Temtem takes on the MMORPG world on Humble and Steam Early Access.
- The title takes a mix of exploration, monster collecting, battling and a story-driven game which can be experienced with friends.
- Wandering around the world you can battle other players or tamers found at the beach, or trade with them to gain some different Temtem.
- Some interesting battle differences with its Pokemon counterpart, Temtem offers combo attacks with using two creatures in battle.
- Temtem is currently on Steam Early Access and Humble on PC. The game will also release on consoles which is to be announced, with a tentative plan for Nintendo Switch in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Pokemon Inspired MMORPG Temtem Releases In Early Access Today.
- The remastered version of the original Wasteland is coming to PC via Steam, GOG and the Windows Store as well on Xbox One with Xbox Game Pass this February 25th.
- Wasteland Remastered is developed under Krome Studios, giving the original a pretty big upgrade from it’s original 80’s RPG graphics. Originally set to launch last year, the game will be coming out next month.
- Receiving quite the makeover visually, players can enjoy a 3D upgrade, while not matching that of Wasteland 3, it gets a crisp UI in topdown, moving away from it’s original pixel art style.
- The original Wasteland was first released in 1988, it’s remastered version sets to refresh it’s look and comes to new platforms this February. Wasteland Remastered should keep you busy until Wasteland 3 releases later this May.
For more on this news find it here in Wasteland Remastered For Xbox One And PC Launches February 25th.
- Recently a new title was listed on the Writers Guild of America and Netflix has confirmed the project in a tweet, that The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf is currently in development.
- Set to be an animated movie, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf is being developed by Lauren Hissrich the showrunner from The Witcher Netflix series, and Beau De Maya as well as Studio Mir. This is the same studio that worked on The Legend of Korra.
- The first season of the Witcher series launched last month and is currently on track to be the biggest season one release on Netflix, racking up 76 million member households in just the first four weeks.
- So it’s no surprise another Witcher project is underway due to it’s formidable impact.
- Not only gaining quite the number of viewers, but sparking an influx of new players picking up the Witcher 3 on Steam, gaining more concurrent players than its original launch.
- The Witcher series is based off the Polish fantasy novels by Andrej Sapokowski, and following the success of the show, has now got the publisher Orbit Books reprinting 500,000 copies. So good news all around for Witcher fans in a number of mediums.
- You can catch season one of The Witcher on Netflix. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Netflix Confirms The Witcher: Nightmare Of The Wolf Animated Movie.
The Outer Worlds
- While it’s already 2020, the award season hasn’t quite finished, with more ceremonies still to commemorate the standout games of last year.
- The New York Video Game Awards took place this week, with The Outer Worlds taking the Big Apple Game of the Year award. Other notable wins went to Disco Elysium for Off Broadway Award for Best Indie Game and Resident Evil 2 gaining the Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake.
- This is quite different of how The Game Awards ended up, with Sekiro Shadows Die Twice taking Game of The Year instead. But Disco Elysium also scooped up best Independent Game and RPG there too.
- If you’re eager to find out what we thought of The Outer Worlds be sure to check out our review. To see all the nominees and winners you can read about it on Fextralife.
For more on this news find it here in The Outer Worlds Receives Game Of The Year At The New York Video Game Awards 2020.
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: