Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Mortal Online 2
- Mortal Online 2 the sandbox MMORPG underwent a full character wipe this week in preparation for its full release next week on January 25th.
- Mortal Online 2 is the sequel to Mortal Online, which was released in June 2010. Both games are sandbox MMORPGs that are known for their difficult and complex mechanics. Developed by Star Vault AB, Mortal Online 2 has been in Early Access on Steam since November 23, 2021, and will end right before the game’s launch.
- The Mortal Online games are set in the low fantasy medieval world of Myrland, where an epidemic called the Tagmation Irruption, an onslaught of gigantic insects destroys crops, animals and even takes out humans. The world begins to rebuild now with mankind’s numbers dwindling.
- Combat is in first-person, with directional melee hits, archery and magic.
- Mortal Online 2 leaves early access on January 25th on PC. Want more MMORPGs? How about checking out our list of Top 10 MMOs in 2022 You’ve Never Heard Of video.
For more on this news find it here in Mortal Online 2 To Perform Full Server Wipe For Final Week Of Testing.
Monster Hunter Rise
- Monster Hunter Rise smashed a new milestone this week, with Capcom reporting the Action-RPG has now surpassed 8 million units in shipments and digital sales.
- Monster Hunter Rise came to PC last week, letting Monster Hunter funs check out the latest entry in the series now with 4K resolution, ultrawide support and 60 FPS.
- This latest edition to the Monster Hunter franchise not only included the cute Palicos to help you in fights but introduced a new sidekick, the Palamute. Players can use them as mounts to get around the different maps, and can even fight while riding. The use of the Wire Bug, which lets you quickly leap in or pull yourself away to safety. There are also Silkbind Attacks which vary depending on your weapon choice, which adds some interesting manoeuvres making for some exciting action combat.
- While we wait for the next expansion Sunbreak launching in summer 2022 for both PC and switch be sure to drop by our Monster Hunter Rise wiki for all the latest on upcoming Monsters, Locations, Armor, Weapons and more.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise Shipment And Digital Sales Surpasses 8 Million Units.
- The Kingdom Hearts series of games are heading to Switch via cloud version.
- Square Enix announced this week Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5, 2.5, 2.8, III + ReMind DLC will be all available via cloud on February 10th 2022. But you can check out the demos right now to see how they run.
- The names for the Kingdom Hearts’ games are a little confusing, but essentially what 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 contain are multiple games all wrapped up in a neat package.
- Fans can buy an all-in-one collection or purchase the Kingdom Hearts III version, to gain the Advent Red Keyblade for Kingdom Hearts III + ReMind DLC. The collection is available for pre-order through Nintendo for $72.
For more on this news find it here in Kingdom Hearts Games Come To Switch Via Cloud Version February 2022.
Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard
- Microsoft is snapping up the likes of franchises Diablo, Warcraft, Overwatch, Call of Duty and more as they set to acquire Activision Blizzard in a $68.7 billion dollar deal.
- Microsoft have been on quite the acquisition spree in recent years, gaining studios such as Obsidian, inXile but also major parent company Zenimax Media housing Bethesda Softworks. This means Microsoft has not only acquired major franchises such as Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Starfield, but now taking on Diablo, major MMORPG World of Warcraft and more.
- The acquisition was announced officially by Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer via an Xbox Newswire post. This powerhouse now has quite a few franchises that can be brought to their platform and subscription service Game Pass.
- We probably won’t see the integration of these games anytime soon as the deal is expected to be completed in 2023. But the post does outline that we can expect “both new titles and games from Activision Blizzard’s incredible catalog” to be joining both Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.
- What do you think about this news? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Microsoft Sets To Acquire Activision Blizzard In $68.7 Billion Deal.
Horizon Forbidden West
- Horizon Forbidden West unveiled its latest trailer focusing on the story, and what Aloy’s motivations are for moving into the Forbidden West. Aloy will have to combat a world-ending blight, rebel leader Regalla and her hordes, and even a familiar foe.
- Aloy will need all the help she can get to face off against these new threats. Joining her as well are old friends, such as the hammer-wielding Erend and Varl. She’ll also be joined by three newcomers, Catalo, Zo, and Alva.
- We are also introduced to Tilda, voiced by Carrie Ann Moss. Tilda’s outfit looks futuristic indeed, and even more regal looking than the clothes the holograms seen in the previous game.
- Horizon Forbidden West will be released on February 18th and will be available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
For more on this news find it here in Horizon Forbidden West Shows Off Story Trailer.
- Despite recent rumours the upcoming open-world Action-RPG Hogwarts Legacy seems to be still on track for its launch in 2022. The official Wizarding World website has had a recent update that reconfirms the release of Hogwarts Legacy for 2022.
- The website outlines the upcoming highlights for this year, including open-world RPG. This year also marks the 25th anniversary of the first book Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, where it all started. Previously developer Avalanche shared they would be sharing more news and updates this year.
- While there aren’t any new details for Hogwarts Legacy as of yet, the fact that it’s included in this list of things to look forward to means it still seems to be on track for launch this year. Recently there have been rumours milling that the game might be delayed, but this recent official post seems to quell those rumours at least for now.
- In case you missed it Hogwarts Legacy is an Action-RPG based on the wizarding world of Harry Potter. In this game entry though players will be playing the role of a student in the 1800’s. Hogwarts Legacy is expected to release in 2022 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
For more on this news find it here in Hogwarts Legacy Looks To Be Still On Track For 2022.
Songs of Glimmerwick
- If that isn’t enough magic to look forward to, Songs of Glimmerwick, what looks to be a cross between Stardew Valley and Harry Potter was announced by developer Eastshade Studios to be releasing in Q3 2023.
- The adventure farming RPG sim is somewhat unique though. Instead of merely waving a wand with a simple incantation, you will make use of your trusty flute and songbook as your secret to casting. Music is key here, and the source of all magic in this world.
- This is an RPG that will not feature combat. Instead, you’ll focus on the peaceful approaches to encounters. Students will get access to a Skill Tree that will help them focus on specific activities or give them new skills, such as the ability to talk to frogs.
- The game promises to have RPG-styled quests, mini-games such as moth racing, character customisation, all done in a hand painted artstyle.
For more on this news find it here in Songs Of Glimmerwick Is A Mix Between Stardew Valley And Harry Potter.
- The Waylanders is leaving early access on February 2nd, and as the full launch draws near, Gato Studio has been teasing about the Companions and characters you will meet in the game.
- The Waylanders the party-based game is a Celtic inspired title that comes with a number of companions, each with their own backstories. The latest videos released on the official Gato Studio Youtube channel introduces these companions including Amergin a druid, one of the first companions you’ll meet on your adventure and you may remember him from one of the initial trailers.
- Then there is the character Nazhedja an immortal Mourian Seer, a confident wielder of magic.
- One major note for those who already have the Early Access version of the game the save files will not work with the full version of the game. Those who play the full game will start fresh, so be sure to experiment with what you can now before the full release.
- It looks at least for now The Waylanders won’t be coming to further platforms, as the team are dedicated to providing a positive experience on PC. But never say never, as it is something they are looking into, but doesn’t sound like it will be anytime soon.
- The Waylanders will leave Early Access on Steam and GOG on February 4th, with the full price being $39.99 USD but with a 2 week discount of 10% during launch.
For more on this news find it here in The Waylanders Gets Character Teasers Ahead Of Leaving Early Access Next Month.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: