Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Black Myth: Wukong
- A new trailer celebrating the year of the rabbit for Lunar New Year was released by developer Game Science for upcoming souls-like Black Myth: Wukong. The video shows a comical depiction of gamer life in stop motion featuring a rabbit.
- Get a new game, but your hardware isn’t up to par. So what does a gamer do? Go out and buy a new rig of course, complete with a new graphics card and CPU. However, you still have to wait in order for the game to load as the studio cheekily puts “2042”. But it seems we won’t be waiting that long, Black Myth: Wukong‘s release window appears at the end of the video, Summer 2024.
- In case you missed it, Black Myth Wukong follows the adventures of the mischievous Monkey King who will battle many villains in the game inspired by Journey to the West. Sun Wukong will use the Five Elements and his transformations in combat.
- Previously the FAQs on the official website explained the game would only be released “when we feel satisfied as players” which looks to need at least another year. The studio has shown a number of trailers with cutscenes and gameplay footage which looks very impressive so far.
- If you’re wondering what games are releasing this year by the way be sure to check out our list of RPGs launching in 2023.
For more on this news find it here in Black Myth Wukong Gets Summer 2024 Release Window.
Lies of P
- The Pinnochio-based Action-RPG Lies of P has gotten a new gameplay trailer, showing off the combat in a crisp 8K resolution . The video demonstrates the game running on AMD’s latest graphics card Radeon RX 7900 XT. The footage shows off some of the souls-like combat as P faces off against different enemies.
- Armed with a sword, P smoothly whips around, slashing the city’s mechanical foes and parrying their moves. We also see the character make his way to a boss area, where a mechanical monstrosity awaits. The player makes a false move and is grabbed by its giant arm, then is tossed around like a rag doll.
- Lies of P is shaping up to be a fast-paced Action-RPG, with its own dark rendition of Pinnochio. The game will be released this year, for Playstation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC, as well as Xbox Game Pass.
For more on this news find it here in Lies Of P Combat Gameplay Trailer Features 8K Resolution.
- The next highly anticipated RPG from Bethesda is the sci-fi Action-RPG Starfield. Recently the Steam listing for the game has changed the release date from 2023 to “coming soon”.
- Previously Bethesda has slated the open-world game to be releasing within the first half of 2023 as a launch window. The sudden change of the release date on Steam does leave things a bit more open to interpretation. The title will be coming to both the PC platform and Microsoft’s current-gen console Xbox Series X|S.
- An Xbox showcase is also happening this month but has already been confirmed Starfield won’t be a part of the showcase lineup. Instead, the RPG is set to have its own highlight in a deep dive at a later date.
- Hopefully, this means we’ll be getting an update on when to expect the game. This year is already starting to have quite a stacked lineup after the many delays and pushbacks of releases from the previous years.
For more on this news find it here in Starfield Steam Release Date Changes To “Coming Soon”.
- Forspoken is releasing this month, but ahead of its release, the demo has a quality-of-life update. The Playstation 5 demo was released last month, which gained some feedback from players and has been taken into consideration. Square Enix has now included some of the QoL adjustments for the game and the demo.
- In a Twitter post by the game’s director, Aramaki shares “we’ve been listening to your feedback, and wanted to do what we could to make the demo as enjoyable as possible.” The developer looks like they will continue to take player feedback as they prepare for the launch of the game on January 24th.
- Some of the feedback made by players of the demo was to do with the issues with the game’s lock-on system, in particular when it came to flying enemies. Some of these issues were addressed in the tweet, now with “locked-on enemies that move off-screen will remain locked-on longer.” Hopefully, Luminous Productions manages to implement more of the suggestions from player feedback in time for the launch, or at least include these in the day 1 patch.
- Forspoken is set to come to platforms Playstation 5 and PC via Steam on January 24th 2023.
For more on this news find it here in Forspoken Demo Gets Adjustments To Quality Of Life In Lastest Update.
Remnant From the Ashes
- The fast-paced souls shooter Remnant From the Ashes is coming to the Nintendo Switch. While no release date set it will be “coming soon” according to publisher THQ Nordic and developer Gunfire Games. There will be both a physical and digital version available upon release.
- In case you missed it, Remnant: From the Ashes first launched in 2019. The title combines the fun of a co-op shooter with souls-inspired gameplay. Players can team up with up to two other players to take on an onslaught of procedurally generated levels.
- Later the game received further updates such as adventure mode and further downloadable content such as Subject 2923. The game has a number of builds to try with its class system including our one-shot builds such as the Silent Slayer and crit-focused builds like the Radiant Executioner.
- It was recently announced in December at The Game Awards that a sequel was in the works. Remnant 2 will be coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC some time this year.
- If you haven’t checked out this souls-like co-op shooter yet you should watch our Remnant From the Ashes review.
For more on this news find it here in Remnant: From The Ashes Gets Switch Announcement.
Atelier Ryza 3
- With a heavy heart, Junzo Hosoi the producer of Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key announced that the game would be delayed. But on the bright side, the delay is literally just a month. Ryza 3 will now be released on March 24, 2023 instead of the original February 24th.
- In his apology letter, Hosoi explains that there have been challenges in creating the best version of the title. The shift into a vast open world instead of having a series of interconnected areas, in particular, is one such challenge that was mentioned.
- He does go on to confirm that the additional month will allow Hosoi and his team to be able to deliver the best experience possible. This should be quite indeed important, as Atelier Ryza 3 Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key is the third and final entry into the “Secret” Atelier series.
- Freedom is the name of the game here, and there will be tons to see. There will be a total of four major regions in Atelier Ryza 3, and each will have its own distinct look and feel.
- Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key will be coming to PC, Switch, PS4 and PS5.
For more on this news find it here in Atelier Ryza 3 Release Date Delayed To March 24.
Tower of Fantasy
- The free-to-play MMO, Tower of Fantasy, will be getting its next major update in February of 2023. Titled “Wandering Amidst Miasma”, an official trailer was released on the Tower of Fantasy YouTube channel that teased new story beats to get fans excited for the expansion.
- Tower of Fantasy 2.3 will introduce a brand new area, the Confounding Abyss map. Hidden off the beaten path will be tons more to explore. The landscape should be much more fun to roam around in, as it will be a tad more interactive than usual.
- As to be expected, this new swamp will bring upon new terrors to face. Aside from normal enemies, the 2.3 update will add two new bosses.
- Three new activities join the game a Carnival Party pitting players against a carnival band, the Pursuit of Fate a racing mini-game and Origin of War, a co-op tower climbing challenge.The update arrives on February 2nd for PC, iOS and Android.
For more on this news find it here in Tower Of Fantasy Major Update Version 2.3 Releases February 2, 2023.
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
- The third instalment of the season pass content for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is releasing on January 27th. The downloadable content ‘Different Future’ is the last part of the post-launch content that will close out Jack Garland and his companion’s adventure.
- A new launch trailer has been released showing off the foe Lufenian who is wreaking havoc messing with the dimensions. Her aim is to restore the world to its former order and “beauty”. In order to do so, she summons weapons from other worlds, bending dimensions in order to destroy Jack and the world itself.
- New jobs await players in Different Future including Musketeer, Hunter and Gambler. The Gambler sounds the most interesting out of the bunch. This job performs the action “Roulette”, taking a spin of the wheel and using two abilities at random. This could be a fun way to tackle enemies with some RNG and pure chaos (yes I said it).
- New features will be added to the Blacksmith which includes using Imitation materials for Synthesising new equipment and Fabrication. In case you missed it, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin follows the story of Jack which is set in the same universe as Final Fantasy 1. The Action-RPG follows Jack and his company, the Warriors of Light who will take on the four fiends of chaos.
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin – Different Future DLC will be released on January 27th for Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Stranger Of Paradise DLC ‘Different Future’ Gets Launch Trailer And New Details.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: