Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- FromSoftware games to say the least, have many layers that can overlap into other games at times, even their latest release of the VR game Déraciné gets a nod at Bloodborne. Now we find out that a player has discovered the precise location of the opening cinematic for Bloodborne as well.
- While other games may tease players of fantastical settings that are usually just for show, From has other ideas and lets players reach the place that appears in their opener.
- A Reddit user by name of u/RickHarrison posted that they actually came across the area within the game.
- Within the game you can visit the featured place known as the Cathedral Ward which is not too far from where you meet Arianna. With a little adjustment to your camera angles you can get the very same view that appears in this opening scene of the alley.
- You may notice that there are a couple things that differ when compared to the cinematic, for example there is no eerie baby carriage lying in your path, and the lighting in the scene looks noticeably different.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: Bloodborne Opening Cinematic Location Revealed By Player
Monster Hunter World
- Capcom are bringing another crossover this February, this time a well-known character from the Witcher franchise Geralt of Rivia will be making his way into the MMORPG Monster Hunter World.
- While Capcom are no stranger to crossovers, having announced an Assassin’s Creed collaboration event not long ago and delving into a crossover with Final Fantasy XIV towards the end of last year. It’s time for a new mix and this time it’s from the The Witcher universe, the silver haired fox himself Geralt of Rivia will be making his way into the world of monsters.
- The Witcher event will be held on Friday February 8th which was shared by the official Monster Hunter twitter account.
- The upcoming event will be part of a free update and will include a special questline that will feature Geralt. Hopefully we will get more than just a glimpse of Geralt leading up to the event and information about what will be involved. The latest content will firstly release on console for PS4 and Xbox One, with PC following after.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: Geralt Of Rivia Comes To Monster Hunter World This February
Kingdom Hearts III
- Square Enix unveil the update schedule for Kingdom Heart III which launches at the end of this month. The schedule includes updates to include epilogue video and a secret video.
- Square Enix tweeted out each update according to their release date which includes an epilogue video which can only be watched once you have completed the game and seen the ending. A further “secret” video has been announced as well, which can only be viewed once the player has completed the game, watched the ending and carried out some special requirements which is “…depending on the difficulty level selected.”
- Kingdom Hearts III will release on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on January 25th 2019 in Japan and Asia, and later on January 29th in North America and Europe.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: Kingdom Hearts III Launch Updates Schedule Revealed
- To make sure that Bioware’s Anthem get’s off on the right foot, they continue to tell fans that it will not be a repeat of Battlefront II.
- Loot boxes have been a topic of controversy and lead producer of Anthem Michael Gamble, tries to assure worried fans that have taken to Twitter, that it will not follow suit.
- Gamble posted: We aren’t going to add loot boxes. It serves no purpose. The cosmetics and microtransaction plan is what we’ve outlined.
- While the game won’t carry loot boxes there will still be microtransactions in terms of cosmetics that can be bought for your Javelin suits, which are not related to progression or story.
- Anthem will be released on February 22nd for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: Anthem Producer Reaffirms Loots Boxes Will Not Be In The Game.
Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr
- The next chapter for Elder Scrolls Online was announced during the livestream held on the Bethesda Twitch channel. The Creative Director Rich Lambert outlined some of the features that would be coming with Elsweyr. While news of the name of the expansion and a new Necromancy class had been discovered by dataminers this month, the stream also covered what players can expect with the next chapter.
- This latest chapter introduces Dragons back into Tamriel, awoken by Abnur Tharn‘s doing. The dragons will bring a new threat to the home of the Khajiit. Discover the ancestral birthplace of the Khajiit, their ways, their culture and their history. Help them defend their land against the merciless attack of the dragon.
- A new class comes to ESO in the form of the Necromancer, the class that dabbles in powerful abilities that raise the dead and cast elemental spells. This class uses death as it’s weapon.
- You can check out our ESO: 10 Things To Be Excited About For 2019 on Fextralife.com to learn more about the upcoming updates including new PVP artifact items and new quality of life changes.
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr will release on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One on June 4th. PC/Mac will have early access on May 20th.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: ESO Elsweyr To Release On June 4th
Salt and Sanctuary
- Ska Studios announces Salt and Sanctuary will be coming to Xbox One.
- The brutal 2D Souls-like Salt and Sanctuary held huge success with not only releasing on PC, but PS4 in March 2016 and then with Nintendo Switch last year in August. With gaining 900,000 in downloads across all platforms.
- Ska Studios share that Salt and Sanctuary will be coming to Xbox One on February 6th. The game will cost $17.99 and has been ported by BlitWorks, who have helped to port other games in the past.
- Salt and Sanctuary follows the woeful tale of a single survivor from a shipped wrecked crew whose soul is condemned as a Saltborn. The Saltborn must escape the nightmare of the island as hellish beasts and vengeful undead attack. Players can tackle this trial alone or in local co-op with a friend, against the most challenging bosses.
- Salt and Sanctuary will release on Xbox One on February 6th. It is currently available on PC, Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: Salt And Sanctuary To Get Xbox One Release On February 6th
The Division 2
- The third-person shooter action-RPG The Division 2 from Ubisoft gets a new trailer that takes a journey through Washington D.C.
- The latest trailer shows the main conflict that takes place in The Division 2, where Washington D.C. has seen better days. The trailer gives off apocalyptic vibes as it shows the terrors that have taken a hold of America, seven months after the virus outbreak. As anarchy still rains supreme, ruthless factions prey on the weak and it is up to the Division to bring back order.
- The Division 2 comes to PS4, Xbox One and PC on March 15th 2019. The private beta will go live February 7th to 10th for those who pre-order.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: The Division 2 Gets New Story Trailer
- Bioware and EA have dropped the first part of their Anthem Gameplay series trailers that introduces the story, progression and customization in upcoming action-RPG.
- Delving deeper into the details revolving around “Story, Progression and Customization” the video shows javelins, progression and how players can customise their characters in-game. It also highlights more about the Freelancers which is the premise for venturing into the monster filled planet.
- The video puts emphasis on customization when it comes to playstyle, showing the example of the Ranger class that can have different loadouts to cover a few different options including “firepower”, “solo” and “support”. Players can have a dedicated loadout depending on their need. Each class can carry a set of two weapons.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: Bioware Releases Part 1 Of Anthem Gameplay Series Trailer.
God Eater 3
- A new trailer was released by Bandai Namco for God Eater 3, showcasing the action-RPG’s multiplayer mode.
- The new trailer shows the multiplayer mode where players can team up with friends in order to battle the mighty Aragami online, with a choice of customisable characters. There are a couple of different multiplayer modes to enjoy including a mission which allows players to team up with up to 4 players to take down a beast or join up with up to 8 members for an Assault Mission. Multiplayer will release alongside the launch of the title next month.
- God Eater 3 will be released for PlayStation 4 and PC on February 8, 2019.
To read more about this news you can find it here in: God Eater 3 Multiplayer Trailer.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: