Last updated on January 23rd, 2020
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Some big things are happening this year for Sony including two exclusives The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima releasing on PS4 this Summer. There is also the upcoming release of PS5 during Q4. Even with this Sony has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that they won’t be attending E3 2020.
- According to Sony they didn’t “feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year” which is similar what they said for the previous E3 but this year is not due to lack of games/console to show. However Sony will be attending “hundreds of consumer events across the globe”.
- This isn’t too surprising considering what was shared this week, making it the second year they have not attended E3.
For more on this news find it here in Sony’s Attendance At E3 2020 Still Uncertain.
- Magic: Legends is an upcoming free to play title stemming from the Magic: The Gathering universe. Cryptic studios has revealed two new classes and some further details about the title. Beta testing will take place in Spring 2020 where those who take part can test out two new Planeswalkers, Geomancer and Mind Mage. If you want to join in on the beta, sign ups are on their official website.
- Magic Legends sets to be a fast-paced combat action-RPG with an ancient force that moves in the darkness, this encroaching threat is ever-growing in the multiverse. Players will undergo the experience of becoming a Planeswalker, as they grow their power using mana-based spells and using strategy to build a balanced hand of attacks, to wreak havoc on the battlefield.
- Magic: Legends will be released on PC in 2020, Xbox One and Playstation 4 in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Magic: Legends Reveals New Games Details Plus Two New Classes.
Monster Hunter World
- This month was the release of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on PC on January 9th, which added to the expansion’s success, topping over four million in shipments and digital sales across all platforms. Iceborne is now available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- The number includes both Monster Hunter World: Iceborne digital sales and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition both in physical shipments as well as digital sales.
- The total number of physical shipments and digital sales for Monster Hunter World has now surpassed 15 million units as of January 2nd. The cumulative sales for the Monster Hunter series has surpassed a whopping 61 millions units as of January 15th.
- In other Monster Hunter World news, a new patch has now been released to help combat the reported frame rate issues and save data problems on PC.
- Players will be required to download the update Ver.10.12.01 in order to use Monster Hunter World’s online matchmaking.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion Shipments And Digital Sales Exceed Four Million and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne PC Patch To Fix Performance And Missing Saves.
Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Originally set to launch on March 3rd, Final Fantasy VII fans will have to wait a little longer as the launch date has moved now to April 10th. In a statement from Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase and team, they express why it has been delayed for another month.
- Kitase shared it was to give them some time to polish up the game before it is released, giving players the best experience possible. He also apologised for making fans wait but assures it will be “just a little bit longer”.
- The Final Fantasy VII Remake is the highly anticipated title from Square Enix, first being announced at E3 2015. It’s been quite the wait for the title but we’ll just have to hold a bit longer before the final release of the game.
- If you want to know more about the fantasy RPG, be sure to watch/read our Final Fantasy VII Remake Preview.
For more on this news find it here in Final Fantasy VII Remake Delayed To April.
- The Epic Games Store has gained 108 million in PC customers and raked in $680 million in revenue in just over a year.
- Epic Games well known for their Battle Royale title Fornite, started their very own games store at the end of 2018 and has since gained quite the number of PC gamers.
- But not all has been smooth sailing for Epic, as there was a lot of backlash with exclusive titles or 1 year timed exclusives such as Metro: Exodus.
- However, Epic Games Store has persevered, now gathering a PC customer based of 108 million and raking in a $680 million revenue according to article by GameDaily. Epic Games Store GM Steve Allison expressed “we are ahead of our early expectations”.
- Epic will also continue to offer free games, some have been rather well-known titles such as Celeste.
- More exclusives are on their way this year which includes such titles as Magic: The Gathering, Auto Chess, Predator Hunting Grounds and Godfall. What are your views on Epic exclusives? Let us know in comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Epic Games Store Has Gained 108 Million PC Customers And $680 Million In Revenue.
- CD Projekt Red has released news via Twitter that the launch day for Cyberpunk 2077 will be delayed to September.
- In a tweet on their official Twitter account, the developer behind the sci-fi action-RPG Cyberpunk 2077 have shared news that the release will be delayed from it’s original April 16th release date to September 17th. The post shared the reason behind the postponement of the launch date expressing they needed more time to “finish playtesting, fixing and polishing” and due to the scale of the task, the launch date will be later this year.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will now release on September 17th 2020 on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed To September.
Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor expansion was unveiled with the next DLC Harrowstorm, set to release ahead of chapter to head the story with two new dungeons. While Greymoor takes place in Skyrim, it is set almost a 1000 years before the events that take place in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Greymoor will feature Western Skyrim such as Solitude and Blackreach, giving 30+ hours of content. Much like last year that featured the Season of the Dragon, this year’s content will follow the Dark Heart of Skyrim.
- Along with a new chapter comes a new Antiquities system where players can treasure hunt for trophies and furnishings across the ESO world. There will also be the addition of a new 12 player trial Kyne’s Aegis and the rebalancing of the Vampire skill line. ESO will be adding a new type of public quest which works in similar way to Dolmens or the dragon hunts you find in Elsweyr.
- The DLC Harrowstorm will release in March 2020 and Greymoor will release in May 18th for PC, June 2nd for PS4/Xbox One .
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor Announced; Pre-Order Editions.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- The latest tweet from Larian Studios, the developer behind upcoming Baldur’s Gate 3 on the official twitter account reveals that “Something’s Brewing”. The post also includes a short behind the scenes look at Baldur’s Gate 3 in the making, and shares the date 27th February 2020 which looks to be a date to reveal more news.
- What could they be sharing in Feb? Well since the video revolves around some of what has gone into BG3, they could be ready to reveal more about the RPG, hopefully we get a look at how it’s shaping up.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 was revealed during Google Stadia’s Connect stream during June of last year, which confirmed to the world that Larian was indeed working on the next instalment. BG3 will take place after the events of Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2. While the game will be a set of new adventures to be had by all, it will reference some of what happened in previous titles and expect to see some familiar faces from the series.
- While we wait to see what they have to show us next month, in the mean time you can watch/read our interview with Larian and Wizards of the Coasts. You can also drop by our Baldur’s Gate 3 wiki which has all the latest info as it’s released.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Devs Tease “Something’s Brewing”.
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: