Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Bethesda reveals a new PvP mode that will come to Fallout 76 known as Survival mode. While many of the PvP features will stay the same, there will be a few differences in terms of restrictions.
- Survival Mode will be coming to the Fallout 76 beta sometime during March 2019, which will feature the same quests, events and story however, the current PvP rules will be more laid back. It introduces a new rule that marks all teammates or event groupmates automatically as hostile to each other by default. While in current standard play you need to invite players to PvP, Survival mode will not require invitations.
- This means players in this mode can attack each other and do normal damage from the first shot. There is also level scaling, meaning new characters have a chance to survive against higher level ones to help even the playing field.
- The developer is also is planning to add a death mechanic which means in Survival mode players will be unable to choose to seek revenge respawn option that is currently in standard play. The options for the new mode will allow for players to respawn at either your camp or Vault 76.
- Reward changes have also been planned by Bethesda, double caps will be awarded for a kill, those who die may also have a chance to drop their aid or other items as well as junk.
- Nothing is confirmed yet as Bethesda assure fans on the Fallout 76 subreddit which has seen a lot of suggestions from the player base, that they will continue to improve Survival according to feedback.
To read more about this news find it here in Fallout 76’S New Survival PvP Mode Relaxes The Rules.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
- Obsidian the developers behind Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire have released the patch notes for update 4.1.0. The patch comes with some new features including the new turn-based mode for beta.
- Turn-based mode is another way for players to experience combat in Pillar of Eternity II. The mode is still in open-beta meaning players can give feedback to the developers for consideration. In order to try the new mode you will need to start a new game and choose “Turn-Based Mode”.
- The mode allows players to choose actions for their characters which act independently of each other, you can now plan your attacks and abilities at your own speed. The mode will give a completely different feel to the tactical combat of the game.
To read more about this news find it here in Pillars Of Eternity II Deadfire Patch Notes For 4.1.0
- The next round for Anthem’s demo takes place this weekend and Bioware already have a bunch of fixes to go with it. Last weekend was the VIP demo where those who pre-ordered or have Origins Access could experience the sci-fi action-RPG.
- Before the public demo hit this weekend, Bioware had some fixes that went live. The VIP demo had its share of problems, but Bioware and EA were able to give more stability to the demo so enough players could a have chance to try out the game.
- In a blog post on the developer’s website, they address some of areas they have fixed:
- Entitlement bugs
- Server performance updates to address much of the rubber-banding
- Fixes for infinite loads and more being investigated
- Platform bugs to validate Javelin unlocks
- Client and platform login bugs
- Bioware’s Head Live Service Chad Robertson also shared some interesting statistics about the VIP Demo. There was nearly 9 million hours of play across the the demo, 1 million strongholds completed and 2 million grabbits slaughtered.
To read more about this news find it here in Bioware Lists Fixes They Will Implement Before Next Anthem Demo.
Xbox Games with Gold February 2019
- This February Xbox Games with Gold adds some new titles to its lineup. The list of games coming to Xbox Games with Gold will be free to play during certain periods, each differ for each game.
- One title getting access for the entire month of February is Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon which is inspired by the Castlevania games, you can access the game from February 1st until the 28th. Also arriving on the February 1st is Assassin’s Creed Rogue, the Xbox 360 version and spin-off title in the franchise. It was remastered for the current generation of consoles during last year.
- Arriving on February 16th is the classic Super Bomberman R, you can play this one until March 15th, giving you a month to enjoy. Also arriving on February 16th is Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy, experience this one until the end of Feb.
- The range of titles are quite different in genre but add some variety to the lineup.
- If you’re tackling Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon be sure to read our Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon Trophy Guide & Roadmap for all your completionist needs.
To read more about this news find it here in Xbox Games With Gold For February Includes Bloodstained, Assassin’s Creed Rogue And Star Wars Jedi Knight.
- Humble Bundle have announced a first for the storefront, a mixed-publisher bundle of Playstation game. The collection includes nine games for the price of $15.
- The new Humble Indie Playstation Bundle 2019 includes a mix of nine games from a variety of publishers including inXile Entertainment’s RPG The Bard’s Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled.
- The list also includes Grim Fandango Remastered, InnerSpace, Broken Age, Layers of Fear, The Talos Principle, Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut, Killing Floor 2 and Shadow of War 2.
- All games listed are region-coded for Playstation Network accounts based in the US region and the countries supported can be found on the Humble Bundle website.
To read more about this news find it here in Humble Indie Playstation Bundle 2019 Has 9 Games For $15.
Valkyria Chronicles 4
- As Sega announces the delay of the next DLC for the JRPG Valkyria Chronicles 4, they try to appease eager fans with allowing them to access for free if they have pre-ordered or purchased other DLCs on Steam.
- The last two parts of the DLC are “Advance Ops” and “United Front with Squad 7”.
- If you didn’t pre-order the game, you can still gain the next DLC for free by purchasing any other DLC for Valkyria Chronicles 4 on PC through Steam.
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 is currently available on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. If you’re currently making your way through the game be sure to check out our Valkyria Chronicles 4 guides.
To read more about this news find it here in Sega Announce Final DLC For Valkyria Chronicles 4 Is Free For Those Who Pre-Ordered.
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
- With recent news of Persona 5 R reveal early this year and now the announced Western release of the JRPG Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, Persona fans have definitely got something to look forward to. Atlus however have revealed that the voiceover options for upcoming Persona Q2 will only have the original Japanese track.
- Atlus released a statement to IGN sharing that Persona Q2 would only have the Japanese voice track but with the option for English subtitles. If you were hoping that they would add an English dub later, Atlus have said “there are no plans to add an English dub to the game at this time.”
- Persona Q2 follows the Persona 5‘s Phantom Thieves who are now trapped inside of movie themed dungeons and must find their way out. Each dungeon gets its own movie genre theme, featuring parodies of the film classics.
- Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth is available now for Nintendo 3DS in Japan, and will be having its Western release on June 4, 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth Confirmed No English VO Track.
Kingdom Hearts 3
- The secret movie which was announced by Square Enix would be joining Kingdom Hearts 3 a few days after its launch. Now the movie and the epilogue have been added to the game. If you wish to see both of these you will need to complete the game first. However, the secret movie also has its own requirements in order to unlock the final scenes depending on your difficulty setting.
- In order to unlock the secret movie you will need to take pictures of the Lucky Emblems that are scattered around the different kingdoms in Kingdom Hearts 3 using your Gummiphone. Depending on which difficulty setting you’ve chosen, means how many Lucky Marks you’ll need to collect according to an article by Famitsu with the director Tetsuya Nomura:
- Beginner Difficulty – All 90 Lucky Marks
- Normal Difficulty – Medium Amount
- Proud Difficult – Considerably less
- The exact amount of Lucky Marks required haven’t been shared for Normal or Proud mode but to be safe, the more the better.
- Kingdom Hearts III is available on Playstation 4 and Xbox One. If you want to unlock the secret movie be sure to use our All Lucky Marks Guide as well as gain yourself in-game rewards and the Hidden Kings trophy.
To read more about this news find it here in Kingdom Hearts III Secret Movie Now Available For Download Worldwide.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: