Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Ubisoft released free new content this week with update 1.1.2 for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla as well as new abilities and skills.
- The update 1.1.2 adds new River Raids mode to the game, described as “highly replayable” and came to all platforms.
- River Raids as described by Ubisoft, while doesn’t give away much, shares that it will take players to unexplored regions of the UK, across three new maps. Players are encouraged to construct the new Jomsviking Hall settlement building to recruit more Jomsvikings before embarking on raids. This will help bring further support, new loot, rewards, and challenges along the journey.
- This update is part of the game’s first season of post-launch content, it also introduces a number of new Abilities and Skills. One of those new skills is the Berserker Trap, which can be added to arrows and triggered by proximity movement, spreading a hallucinatory powder.
- The title update also comes with a number of life improvements, balance adjustments, and bug fixes, all details are on a post on the Ubisoft website.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gets River Raids With Free Title Update.
NieR Replicant Ver. 1.22
- In the latest video from Square Enix, it shows off the upcoming NieR Replicant remaster, which releases in a few months’ time. The nine-minute video featured the first part of the game, at the location of the Barren Temple.
- The first half of the video shows the protagonist exploring the area, finally entering the temple and coming face to face with a few enemies.
- The combat shows a smoother experience compared to the original game, enhancing the gameplay for fans, making it closer to the experience found in NieR Automata. The visuals have also be given a face-lift, taking advantage of the modern-day consoles’ capabilities.
- NieR Replicant Ver.1.22474487139 is releasing for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on April 23.
For more on this news find it here in NieR Replicant Ver 1.22 Gets 9 Minutes Of Gameplay Featuring The Barren Temple.
- Amazon Game Studios has announced they will be delaying the launch for the MMORPG New World once again in their latest blog post, moving the release date to August 31st, 2021.
- This third delay is not as big of a gap as the previous delay, as it was previously slated for spring. The studio has explained they needed more time to work on end-game features, which they emphasise are “important to include at launch”.
- Many of the features mentioned will be made available for New World’s closed beta test, which will go ahead on July 20th. This will include the new Ebonscale Reach end-game zone, five-player instanced activities called Expeditions, and 20 v20 PvP battles in Outpost Rush. Anyone who has pre-ordered the game will get access to the beta. Alpha testing will also continue in the upcoming months, with EU servers being introduced on March 30th.
- New World will now be releasing on August 31st 2021 on PC. For more on New World be sure to check out our Everything About New World, Amazon’s Atypical MMORPG.
For more on this news find it here in New World’s Launch Gets Pushed To End Of August 2021.
- The developer Spiders is working on their next project Steelrising, an Action-RPG set in an alternative universe during the French Revolution but with robots. If any of that description has piqued your interest, you may be interested in helping to test the game.
- Spiders has announced they are looking for testers to sign up and experience their new game. As for how many testers and the exact completeness of the game is unknown.
- The application form asks applicants to share their experience of playing other Action-RPG games such as the Dark Souls series, Bloodborne and of course Greedfall which they developed.
- While the details about the game are still few at the moment, the Steam page along with this application form seems to be striving in the direction of a souls-like, single-player RPG. The concept art combines dark fantasy with the backdrop of 18th century France. Those interested can apply to be a tester on the Steelrising official Steam page.
For more on this news find it here in Steelrising An Action-RPG About French Revolutionary Robots Is Looking For Testers.
Xbox Game Pass
- Two great but very different RPGs are making their way to Xbox Game Pass this February. Microsoft have announced Obsidian’s Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition on console and cloud will be available, as well as the vampiric Action-RPG Code Vein will be joining this month as well.
- Both will be hitting Game Pass on February 18th, along with Bugbear’s car smash’em up Wreckfest on console, PC and the cloud.
- Other games include Killer Queen Black on February 23rd, Codemaster’s Dirt 5 and Elite Dangerous on February 25th as well as Superhot: Mind Control Delete.
- Will you be joining the post-apocalyptic world of Code Vein? Or maybe setting off on your own adventure in Pillars of Eternity 2? Be sure to drop by our Code Vein wiki and Pillars of Eternity 2 wiki for any help with these games.
For more on this news find it here in Xbox Game Pass February Games Announced Including Code Vein And Pillars Of Eternity 2.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- Larian Studios held their second Panel From Hell Livestream this week, sharing some major additions coming with Baldur’s Gate 3’s fourth update called Nature’s Power.
- It outlined some of the exciting details for the next update including the arrival of the Druid class.
- The Druid class comes with over 30 Spells and Abilities, which includes Wild Shape. There is also new dialogue and voice-over, delivering the same playing experience in terms of deep narrative for Druid as for other Classes in the game.
- The Nature’s Power update brings with it a number of changes which have been requested by the community or influenced by them through feedback.
- These include such additions as optional loaded dice, improved cinematics, multiplayer improvements, fixes and more.
- If you’re curious to find out more about the upcoming changes to Baldur’s Gate 3 Early access, be sure to check out our video on our Youtube channel.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Next Big Patch Adds Druids.
Monster Hunter Rise
- Lots of news was released during the Nintendo Direct this week, including sharing more story details, monsters, and more for Monster Hunter Rise. Capcom previously teased that the Action-RPG would be getting old and new monsters for this latest Monster Hunter entry.
- The Switch exclusive game will be releasing this March and will include monsters Rakna-Kadaki and Almudron which were shown in the Rampage trailer debuted during the showcase. In the trailer you can see the monsters descending on Kamura Village.
- For fan favourites, Basarios, Diablos, Rajang, Rathian and Volvidon also appeared in the trailer, confirming more monsters for Rise.
- But that wasn’t all that was announced, a special limited-edition Monster Hunter Rise Nintendo Switch and Pro controller will be releasing as well.
- Monster Hunter Rise will release on Nintendo Switch on March 26th 2021. Be sure to drop by our Monster Hunter Rise wiki for all the latest.
Project Triangle Strategy
- With lots of announcements from the Nintendo Direct this week, while there may have been a disappointment with no news for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild 2 until later this year, one nice surprise was the announcement of Project Triangle Strategy (currently the working title). You might find the “HD 2D” aesthetic and name quite familiar, as it is actually the successor to Octopath Traveler, which also had Project in the title when it was in development.
- Project Triangle Strategy is a tactical RPG that is in the same genre as games such as Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which combines battle tactics and decision making, this time taking up moral choices. Gameplay will be played on a grid, attacking enemies and placing your characters with tactical positioning.
- While the game won’t release until next year, a demo is now live on the Nintendo eShop so you can check out some of gameplay, which I must say has some superb voice acting.
For more on this news find it here in Project Triangle Strategy A Tactical RPG Successor To Octopath Traveler Announced.
- People Can Fly the developer behind the upcoming shooter RPG Outriders has announced more details about the upcoming free demo. The demo will go live this month, and exact times for each time zone have been released. The demo will be available on February 25th at 9 AM PST.
- The developer confirms via Twitter this will be a demo, not a beta, and it will be available for free without the need of purchasing or pre-ordering the game. The demo will be available on Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC (via Steam and Nvidia GeForce Now).
- There is also no time limit on the demo meaning you have plenty of time to test out the game, but the character level is capped at 7.
- Progress also transfers to the full game if you choose to purchase, however not transferable between platforms such as between Epic and Steam.
- Outriders is set to release on April 1st, 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X and PC via the Epic Games Store and Steam.
For more on this news find it here in Outriders Demo Details Released.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: