Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The developer behind Mutant Year Zero, The Bearded Ladies have unveiled a strategy action stealth game, Corruption 2029 which will be releasing on February 17th.
- Based in the near future, Corruption 2029 follows a squad of armed soldiers that must stealthily make their way through a dystopian America, in search of the peculiar corruption that has now spread widely across the land. America is now a war-torn country and desolate wasteland.
- According to the developer the game is set to have turn-based moves, cover-based tactical combat, as well as a number of unique weapons and skills.
- Similar to the likes of Mutant Year Zero, but with a healthy does of stealth.
- Corruption 2029 will release on the Epic Games Store for $19.95 USD for PC on February 17th.
For more on this news find it here in Mutant Year Zero Developer Reveals Tactical Stealth Action Game Corruption 2029.
Pathfinder Wrath of Righteous
- It’s safe to say Owlcat’s upcoming title Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has been well received by fans as they have already hit their main Kickstarter goal of $300,000 USD and now surpassed $1 million.
- They are now well on their way to getting through their stretch goals, which includes a new companion called Woliif Jefto, mounted combat, dismemberment, two additional mythic paths and a new race to name a few. The Kickstarter campaign still has 25 days to go.
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is a new title adapted from the legendary tabletop RPG by Paizo. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous won’t be a sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker but will continue to expand upon the core elements of the first title, bringing another epic CRPG adventure.
- If you’re eager to find out more about the CRPG be sure to check out our Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous, An Interview With Owlcat Games.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Hits Its Kickstarter Target.
- Publisher tinyBuild games recently shared the release date for the ominous sci-fi action-RPG Hellpoint which will be launching on April 16th for Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC via Steam and Nintendo Switch.
- This challenging title definitely lives up to its name in more ways than one, placing players in an isolated space station called the Irid Novo.
- Here players will need to explore different areas, while encountering a number of hellish enemies that are the stuff of nightmares. The trailer also shows some of the bosses and well as a number of gruesome ways to die.
- If you’re not wanting to go it alone, you can team up in co-op with local split-screen and online support.
- If this sounds like your cup of tea you can pick up Hellpoint
- on April 16thfor Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC via Steam and Nintendo Switch.
For more on this news find it here in Hellpoint A Sci-Fi Souls-Like Releases This April.
For more on this news find it here in Hellpoint A Sci-Fi Souls-Like Releases This April.
Operencia: The Stolen Sun
- Operencia: The Stolen Sun was first released on Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store in March last year. A year later on March 31st, the first person dungeon crawler will release on Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch, as well as PC via Steam and GOG.
- Operencia: The Stolen Sun follows the rogue by the name of Jóska who lives in Operencia and introduces a world which is inspired by Central European legends and folklores.
- The indie title sets to offer players a classic first-person dungeon crawler experience, combining old-school turn-based RPG but with modern sensibilities.
- The mix of artstyle, hand-drawn cutscenes as well as 3D environments, with 30 fully voiced roles that help bring the story to life. The game sets to feature over 50 enemy types, 7 fully upgradeable characters, robust difficulty settings with options for limiting saves and even permadeath.
For more on this news find it here in Operencia: The Stolen Sun Releases On PS4, Switch, Steam And GOG On March 31st.
MHW Iceborne Update 3
- Capcom have released a new trailer for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Title Update 3 which brings Variant monsters Raging Brachydios and Furious Rajang into the mix.
- The free expansion Title Update 3 will launch in March for PS4 and Xbox One.
- PC players will receive Title Update 2 on March 12th, adding Stygian Zinogre, Safi’jiiva Siege and Guiding Lands Tundra Region.
- Updates for post-launch Iceborne content was revealed in January. In April all updates will be synced, meaning both PC and consoles will start receiving the same content at the same time.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion Title Update 3 Trailer.
- Latest trailer for new IP from developer People Can Fly and publisher Square Enix confirms Outriders is releasing on Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.
- Outriders has been in development since 2015, an RPG shooter that takes players to the planet of Enoch as a “last chance”, where humanity plans to colonise after Earth becomes uninhabitable. Its described as a drop-in-drop-out co-op according to its Steam page.
- The trailer shows some dark sci-fi influence, with alien forces and the will to survive while leaving their humanity behind.
- There are also supernatural powers that have been gained from The Anomaly, which are shown in the trailer including the ability to wield fire and freeze enemies in place.
- Outriders sets to release in the Holidays 2020 for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series X, PS5 and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Outriders Action-RPG Co-Op Shooter Is Coming To PS5 And Xbox Series X.
Wolcen Lords of Mayhem
- The action-RPG Wolcen Lords of Mayhem released this week on Steam. After it’s 5 years in development the hack and slash title promises classless character development, a number of brutal skills and choice of a variety of weapons to wield.
- You take up the role of an orphan who has been trained alongside their childhood friends as warriors. Recruited into the Republic’s military, your reputation as the “Children of Heimlock” proceeds you, as you become the ultimate killing machines.
- Developer Wolcen Studio offers a deep lore as well as deep RPG elements. If you’re curious about the title be sure to watch our Wolcen Lords of Mayhem preview and also you can check out our Beginner Guide to get some great tips to get started.
For more on this news be sure to read our Wolcen Lords of Mayhem preview.
- There’s been quite a few bits of news this week concerning the developer Team Ninja. They recently celebrated topping 3 million in sales for their game Nioh.
- The good news continues with the announcement that Nioh 2 has gone gold, meaning it’s all set to launch on March 13th.
- The developer also shared they will be having a free Last Chance Trial for Nioh 2. Just like its name, it will be your last chance to try out the samurai action-RPG before Nioh 2 releases.
- Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial will be releasing on February 28th at 12 AM PT (midnight) and ending on March 1st 11:59PM PT on Playstation 4. You will not be required to have PS Plus to play.
- The trial includes three missions to test your samurai mettle in Mount Tenno. Here you will come in contact with a number of deadly foes with their equally deadly weapons. While your game progress won’t transfer to the final game, your character’s look will.
- Nioh 2 releases on March 13th on Playstation 4.
For more on this news be sure to read our Nioh 2 Demo Last Chance Trial Starts February 28th.
- Lead writer of Mass Effect Drew Karpyhshyn joins ex-BioWare veterans at Wizards of the Coast’s new studio Archetype Entertainment to work on a story-driven sci-fi RPG
- Last month Magic The Gathering publisher Wizards of the Coast revealed their new studio Archetype Entertainment. Comprised of two ex-BioWare veterans creative director James Ohlen and also houses another BioWare alumni Chad Robertson who has worked as head of live services on Anthem.
- Karpyshyn shared on a Archetype blog post the reason for leaving BioWare, and why joining Archetype has sparked new motivation for CRPGs. Due to the changing environment of BioWare the writer has moved to Archetype, which looks to be presenting the writer with new opportunities and “is already generating plenty of excitement in the industry”.
For more on this news be sure to read our Mass Effect Lead Writer Drew Karpyshyn Joins New Wizards Of The Coast Studio For Sci-Fi RPG.
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: