Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
This week was E3 2019 which brought a fresh batch of RPG news, from leak confirmations to brand new gameplay footage. We’ve rounded up some of the major RPG announcements which has gotten us excited for not only this year but 2020 as well!
- A new cinematic trailer was revealed at E3, announcing the addition of a spin-off title to main Darksiders series. Darksiders Genesis will be coming in the form of a top-down action-RPG much like Diablo. It will pit players against enemies in a dungeon-crawler, you’ll kill monsters and gain loot.
- As you hack’n’slash your way through, you’ll be playing as a new Horseman of the Apocalypse called Strife. According to THQ Nordic he has been called “upon to save humankind from certain destruction at the hands of Lucifer“.
- There will be plenty of intense combat, places to explore, puzzles to solve and epic bosses to battle.
- Darksiders Genesis will be launching on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC and Stadia releasing this year 2019.
To find out more about this news find it here in Darksiders Genesis Top-Down Action-RPG Announced At E3.
The Outer Worlds
- Kicking off the Microsoft press conference The Outer Worlds gets a release date! The Outer Worlds is an upcoming story-driven RPG by the studio behind the original Fallout: Obsidian Entertainment. Given the recent downturn of the Fallout series, this new IP is seen for many fans as a worthy spiritual successor for their hype, and with good reason!
- Finally revealing The Outer Worlds release date, Obsidian shares the launch date for October 25th 2019. The latest trailer shows off Halyon, a world taken over by corporations and depicts the role of the board who provides “security in a senseless and chaotic world”.
- It also looks like players will be able to choose the narrative they wish to play, whether making friends with strangers or go completely “psychotic” on them. The trailer also shows more of the environments and some run ‘n’ gun action.
- The Outer Worlds will be launching on the Epic Games Store as well as the Windows Store for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. We got to play some of The Outer Worlds at E3 this year, if you know what we thought be sure to check out our The Outer Worlds Gameplay Impressions E3 video on our channel.
To find out more about this news find it here in The Outer Worlds Release Date Announced.
- On the Microsoft stage Elden Ring gets a trailer featuring storyline, confirming the previous leak of a collaboration between Hidetaka Miyazaki of FromSoftware and George R.R. Martin. Elden Ring is described as a dark fantasy action-RPG.
- While the cinematic trailer doesn’t giveaway much is does talk about the dark age after the magical Elden Ring was broken and shows off some of the mythical characters. This reveal wasn’t exactly a surprise to most following the leaks over the weekend ahead of E3, but the trailer was worth the wait as this looks like an epic collaboration.
- An interview was shared on Xbox Wire that mentions that this title will indeed be their “biggest title yet in terms of sheer volume” according to Hidetaka Miyazaki, and he confirms that it’s a third person action-RPG.
- No release date has been announced but pre-orders are now available on selected retail websites which now offer the standard edition for $59.99.
- If you want to know what we thought of this reveal, be sure to check out our Elden Ring First Impression video on our channel.
To find out more about this news find it here in Elden Ring Confirmed At E3 With Trailer and Elden Ring Sets To Be FromSoftware’s Biggest Title Yet.
- Sharing more storyline and gameplay, Cyberpunk 2077 gets featured during the Microsoft press conference but not without a few surprises. Announcing the launch date in style, including a surprise visit from Keanu Reeves.
- Not only showing some new weapons such as wrist blades in gory action but also introducing a new character played by Keanu Reeves. The character that Reeves will be playing is Mr Fusion,
- They also shared the release date which is April 16th 2020, meaning we’ll have to wait until next year for Cyberpunk 2077, well they did tell us “it’s still coming, when it’s ready”.
- Pre-orders are now available including the collector’s edition which comes with a statue of V, hardcover artbook, map of the Night City, metal pin set, and more for $249.99, while the standard pre-order is available for $59.99. You can order from Gamestop, Best Buy and Amazon in the US.
To find out more about this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Launch Date Announced And Pre-Orders.
Tales of Arise
- It looks like another Bandai Namco leak was true as Tales of Arise gets confirmed at E3 2019 with a trailer.
- Following the Bandai Namco leak of Elden Ring, another leak was confirmed as being true which was Tales of Arise.
- The trailer features some scenic shots as well as some Tales action. Tales of Arise uses an action-RPG battle system which follows the series.
- The title will focus on two character that from two different worlds, both looking to change their fate and create their own destiny. It will bring a new cast of characters, updated combat and Tales gameplay mechanics.
- Tales of Arise will release sometime during 2020 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
To find out more about this news find it here in Tales Of Arise Confirmed At E3 2019.
Elder Scrolls Online DLCs
- Continuing the theme of The Season of the Dragon, during the Bethesda press conference, Zenimax announces two DLCs called Scalebreaker and Dragonhold for Elder Scrolls Online.
- It was earlier this year when the developer announced it would be releasing content that all relates to the dragons of Elsweyr. Their roadmap included four instalments starting with the Wrathstone DLC, Elsweyr Chapter which have already been released and two further DLCs set to launch Q3 and Q4.
- The first of the DLCs Scalebreaker will arrive in Q3, bringing two further dungeons called Moongrave Fane and Lair of Maarselok.
- The second DLC coming toward the end of 2019 will be Dragonhold. This will invite adventurers to a whole new zone in the Southern region of Elsweyr called Pellitine. This vast wasteland was taken over by a deadly plague a couple of decades ago. Here you must team up with allies which includes the return of Sai Sahan, to help reform the ancient Dragonguard order.
- These new zones will include new quests, Delves, World Bosses and more Dragon Hunt events.
- Both DLCs Scalebreaker and Dragonhold will arrive during the second half 2019, the exact release dates are yet to be announced.
To find out more about this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Scalebreaker And Dragonhold DLCs Announced.
- Bethesda made a couple of update announcements for Fallout 76, first acknowledging the rough start that the game had, but appears they have listened to the community when it comes to features. Announcing two updates Wastelanders and Nuclear Winter which will bring a host of new content.
- The first free update announced comes in the form of the Wastelanders, which will include human NPCs, a new main quest, more choice/consequences, new weapons and gear. Bethesda explained at the press conference that this will add full dialog trees, making the storyline more complete.
- This also means you need to decide who’s side you’re taking, whether to join factions of the Raiders or the Settlers.
- Bethesda boldly states that “Wastelanders will fundamentally change the way you experience Fallout 76, and it’s set to arrive in fall of 2019”.
- Setting to amp up the competitive nature of the game more, even after adding Survival mode which offered a more PvP centered gameplay, a new battle royale mode will be coming with the Nuclear Winter update. Adding a 52 player last-one standing, with an encroaching ring of fire as motivation to keep moving. The mode will still allow Perk Cards and nukes as you battle is out to become the Overseer of Vault 51. Bethesda describes it as: “Think of Nuclear Winter as the entire Fallout 76 experience, tightly condensed into about 20 minutes.”
- You can try out Nuclear Winter during June 10th to June 17th, meaning everyone can play Fallout 76 for free on all platforms during the free trial.
To find out more about this news find it here in: Bethesda Announce Fallout 76 Free Updates And Free Trial.
Final Fantasy 7
- While you might thinking that Microsoft have stolen the E3 spotlight with a slew of announcements, but even without Sony attending this year, they still have a big announcement regarding the Final Fantasy VII remake.
- A new trailer has been shared on the official Playstation Youtube channel that not only shows more gameplay but announces the release date for the highly anticipate Final Fantasy VII remake.
- A short trailer was released at the Fantasy VII concert in Los Angeles that revealed the release date which is March 3rd 2020 and confirms this is a Playstation 4 exclusive.
- While we may have expected that the announcement would be made during Square Enix’s press conference on June 10th, it looks like the launch date couldn’t wait.
- But Square Enix didn’t come empty handed to E3, they shared a longer trailer featuring new scenes and gameplay footage which showed Tifa in action.
To find out more about this news find it here in: Final Fantasy VII Remake Release Date Announced With New Trailer.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
- The sequel Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 was announced at the last GDC, an action-RPG set in city of Seattle. At E3 during the PC Gaming Show, a new trailer was unveiled now sharing some pre-alpha gameplay.
- Taking a closer look at the Seattle locations, melee combat, guns, more of the vampire abilities including levitation and even summoning bats. The trailer also shares what its like to be a newborn vampire in city with warring political factions, as well as some of the narrative choices players can expect. It also showed off some abilities which includes leaping far distances as well as what appears to be detecting victims to feed off to help “feed your power”.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is set to release on PC via Paradox Store, Steam, GOG, Epic as well as Playstation 4 and Xbox One sometime next year in 2020.
To find out more about this news find it here in: Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Gameplay Trailer Revealed.
- During an episode of Inside Xbox, Microsoft and Bandai Namco announced the launch date of Code Vein.
- The action-RPG souls-like Code Vein will be launching on September 27th 2019. The title previously was set to release in September 2018, but later got an announcement in July that it would be delayed until this year it was announced that they wished to “produce better quality in order to deliver to customers” according to the press release that was issued.
- Bandai Namco recently held their Code Vein network test at the end of May, where players could try out the title experiencing select quests, face enemies and test out a few abilities. It also showed the wide customisation choices, which includes choosing a variation of Gifts.
- The new trailer showcases some of the story of Code Vein which takes place in world where Revenants now exist, inflicted with their thirst for blood, they are also granted powerful abilities. The trailer also shows some of the bosses that players will battle.
- Code Vein will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 27th 2019.
To find out more about this news find it here in: Code Vein Release Date Announced At E3 2019.
Final Fantasy 8 Remastered
- While Nintendo has already brought a number of Final Fantasy titles to new platforms this year one particular title was missed out and this looks like this could be the reason.
- Final Fantasy 8 Remastered was announced at the Square Enix press conference to be coming to the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC later this year.
- An announcement trailer showed off Squall and his squad in a remastered version, bringing the classic JRPG turn-based system to modern platforms. So far they haven’t released details in terms the updated graphics it will receive, the original was release back in 1999 for the Playstation.
- The Final Fantasy 8 Remastered will be coming later this year 2019.
Persona 5: The Royal
- While we knew that Persona 5: The Royal would be releasing next year in Japan, at E3 we get a confirmation that it will be coming to the West in 2020.
- An English trailer was released during E3, showing the same footage that was revealed in the Japanese trailer earlier this year.
- The trailer is pretty much the same but has the English voice acting instead.
- Persona 5: The Royal is an expanded edition of the original title, featuring new areas to explore in Tokyo, new characters, reworked dungeon designs with new foes to face, graphical and UI improvements.
- There will also be new music to enjoy and a new third semester at Shujin Academy.
- Persona 5: The Royal will be launching in West in 2020.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- A brand new trailer for Nintendo’s Fire Emblem: Three Houses was revealed, showing off the tactical RPG. There was also a livestream demonstration on the Nintendo Treehouse showing more of the gameplay.
- This title lets players choose to teach one of the three houses at the Academy, which has many formidable students. Taking up the role of professor you must shape the student’s academic lives between taking on turn-based battles, full of strategy and twists to overcome.
- There is quite a large central hub, and plenty to do as teacher which includes interacting with students and using the new calendar system. You can even interact with students from the other houses and have the opportunity to recruit them.
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses launches on the Nintendo Switch on July 26th 2019.
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
- Ending the Nintendo press conference with a bang, Nintendo announced a sequel to The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild was in the works. A short teaser trailer for the next instalment was shown while not giving away too much, it confirmed that another game was underway.
- The teaser was followed by a short statement that explained “The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.” So far no game title or release date has been announced. The trailer shows Link traveling with Zelda on horseback, then something happens to Hyrule Castle in the distance. The trailer shows an unknown magic perceived to be resurrecting a skeletal figure, with some speculating that this could be the return of Ganon.
- While the trailer shows the same art style, cel shading that was used in the first Breath of the Wild, the theme of this trailer is definitely a lot darker than the first title. Whether its the eerie music or the necromantic nature of the visuals playing, things seem to get a little more creepy.
- So far no release date has been reveal, neither the official name for the sequel.
To find out more about this news find it here in: Sequel To The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Announced At E3.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: