Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
This year’s E3 2018 was jammed packed with upcoming RPGs, surprising reveals and of course we were there to get a first-hand look at some of the gameplay. If you missed the press events don’t worry as we have a rundown of the event so without further ado here are some of the updates and games that stood out the most!
- Fallout 76 confirmed our predictions of a first person online multiplayer, this survival game is a prequel to the series.
- The highly anticipated game is the next instalment but does not follow the usual Fallout formula. This online multiplayer is set 200 years after the fallout where players await “Reclamation Day”, the day where the inhabitants of Vault 76 can leave and explore the world that was left behind. Set in America in West Virginia, the location is surrounded by nature, towns and government secrets.
- The title sets to include not only a new online co-op mode, but also a single player mode where players can complete quests, level their character and explore the world. While single player mode is available, co-op mode is the easiest way to survive so teaming up with friends could be the way to go.
- Unlike other MMO games, Fallout 76 sets out to only have dozens of players existing in your game, after all it’s a post-apocalyptic world where survivors are scarce. You can build anywhere and move your structures to new locations.
- But we should probably mention the thing that’s going to make the multiplayer mode a bit more interesting is the missile sites. Located on various parts of the map are locations that contain missiles, players will need to collect codes in order to form a complete one to launch the missiles.
- Fallout 76 is set to launch on PC, Xbox One and PS4 on November 14th, 2018. If you wish to gain early access, you can sign up for beta via the Bethesda website. The game is already available to pre-order via Amazon.
Elder Scrolls VI
- At the end of the conference Bethesda finally confirm that that there is an Elder Scrolls VI is in the works but not before teasing us with an Alexa version of the game which incidentally is a real app for download.
- It’s been seven years since they have come out with a game in the franchise (unless you count remastered or the VR version of the game).
- The short trailer shared shows some of the environment of the next title just as a confirmation that they are indeed working on it.
- No other news was shared about the completion date or details about the game, fans will have to wait a bit longer before we can see some actual gameplay.
- The release window and title of the game has yet to be revealed.
- FromSoftware finally answered the mystery of the “Shadows Die Twice” project which was not Bloodborne 2, nor is it any of the previously speculated FromSoftware titles.
- The developer has partnered up with Activision Blizzard to deliver a whole new IP called Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
- The game is directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, and qualified as a third-person “action-adventure game with RPG elements“. The game’s protagonist plays the role of a hard-hearted warrior on a quest to rescue his young lord and who seeks revenge. His name is “Sekiro” or “One-Armed Wolf”.
- While many believed originally that this title could in fact be Bloodborne 2 or perhaps a Tenchu game, it is indeed something different. Shadows Die Twice looks to be a mash up of games like Nioh, Ninja Gaiden and perhaps even God of War.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC (via Steam) sometime in 2019.
For information on Sekiro check out our Sekiro Demo Preview: Is It Souls? and Sekiro To Have Eavesdropping: Famitsu Interviews Miyazaki – Translated.
The Surge 2
- With all the major surprises at E3 2018, Deck 13’s The Surge 2 may not have reached your E3 radar. However, we’re here to shine some light on the sequel to one of the most “souls like” games to date.
- The Surge 2 is set once again in a decimated earth, where things have gone catastrophically wrong. Much of the planet is dead or dying, including human life, and there are strange anomalies affecting the planet’s surface.
- Details in terms of storyline are a bit scarce at this point but we did get see a gameplay session which is a stark contrast to what players have experienced before.
- Some new features have been added to game including 10 weapons types this time, double what it’s predecessor had.
- New armor will be coming to this sequel along with implants that will provide bonuses.
- Along with the rework of how NPC given quests are tracked, a major update is character creation. Players will be able to choose how they wish to look adding more customisation to their character which was something lacking from the first game.
- The Surge 2 is set to release next year in 2019.
- CD Projekt Red shared a new trailer for their dystopian, futuristic RPG Cyberpunk 2077.
- We were lucky enough to get an inside look at the game behind closed doors as there was no gameplay shared at E3 this year.
- Based off the 1988 table top game, Cyberpunk 2077 is set in an alternate time-line dystopian future where the United States is in pieces and more or less governed by large corporations. Crime, violence, promiscuity and poverty are rampant, and it has become clear that the American Dream is no longer attainable.
- Playing the role of a mercenary, you are hired to take on some of the most dangerous jobs in the area; stealing, seducing, coercing and killing your way to success if necessary.
- Cyberpunk 2077 is completely first person, except when you are driving around in one of the game’s 100+ vehicles.
- Set to bring dozens of hours of gameplay through main quests, customisable characters and consequences to your actions, Cyberpunk 2077 is set to be a violent thrillride which holds nothing back.
- Cyberpunk 2077 is set to release early 2019 but if you want a closer look your can check out our Cyberpunk 2077 Preview: When Fallout Meets Blade Runner.
Ghost of Tsushima
- At Playstation’s press conference we got a look at Sucker Punch’s Ghost Of Tsushima action packed samurai wielding adventure game that is set in 13th century Japan.
- The open-world samurai action adventure focuses on the Mongol invasion of Japan in 1274. The story follows the feuding sides as warfare, chaos and violent change ensues. Players will follow the protagonist Jin Sakai, a warrior skilled in the art of the samurai in a tale of “revenge, empowerment, and hope”.
- The game is enriched with Japanese history, traditions and pays homage to samurai cinema.
- The gameplay video is absolutely captivating with it’s high attention to detail, from the rich Japanese landscape to the character’s movement to facial expressions.
- We got to see from the gameplay stealth will play a role as you use grappling hooks to scale buildings and surprise your enemies from above.
Read more about the game in Ghost Of Tsushima Gameplay Reveal At Playstation E3 2018 Press Conference.
Resident Evil 2
- At the Playstation press conference we got the announcement that Capcom will be releasing a remake of Resident Evil 2 next year.
- The remake (not to be confused with a remastered version) will feature the suburb of Raccoon City, a secluded Spencer mansions in the Arklay Mountain suffers a grisly occurrence that quickly changes the urban city into a living nightmare. After 20 years after the original release of Resident Evil 2, we get to return to Raccoon City in this survival horror game.
- Capcom sets to bring the original into the present with the powerful RE Engine that was used to create it’s other title in the franchise, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.
- The Resident Evil 2 Remake also sets new perspectives as players will now be able to peer over-the-shoulder of main protagonists Leon and Claire. This claustrophobic nightmare will have hearts racing as you anticipate what’s behind every corner. Along with returning familiar faces there will be some new ones adding fresh interactions to the game. Players will be able to follow two separate story-lines with Leon and Claire.
- Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 Remake will be coming to Playstation 4 on January 25th, 2019.
To read further about Resident Evil 2 Remake and to see the trailer and screenshots find it here in Resident Evil Remake Release Date Announced.
- Team Ninja announced at the Playstation E3 2018 press conference the reveal of Nioh 2. Following the success of the first Nioh title that was released just last year in Feburary 2017, a sequel is underway.
- The announcement was a little surprising considering it’s predecessor was only release at the beginning of last year.
- The trailer showed some of the new deadly enemies that players will be facing off in Nioh 2 and a scene that shows the main protagonist confusingly becoming a demon…possibly? The short trailer although did not reveal much of the story or actual gameplay combat, we do get a tagline at the end of the video that reads “Defy death. Death Defies You…”
- In a Playstation livestream, director Fumihiko Yasuda shared that they would be adding character customisation and “more satisfying deaths” as this was feedback given by players of Nioh.
- The release window of the game has not been revealed, but we will keep you posted with upcoming updates.
Read more and check out the trailer here in Nioh 2 Announced At E3 2018.
- Bandai Namco recently revealed the release date for the JRPG Code Vein.
- If you’re unfamiliar with Code Vein then think souls but in anime form.
- We got to experience the gameplay at this year’s E3 2018 focusing on Louis and Yakumo and the invading Executioner Boss Fight.
- Gameplay looks fluid but deliberate with each weapon category and attack having it’s own distinctive moveset.
- Companion mechanics add a new element to traditional combat by allowing the player to distract the boss or enemy and takes the focus away from you.
- Code Vein sets to bring balance to this by compensating with fast boss movement and large AOE attacks.
- The game brings a great deal of customisation enabling a variety of builds and approaches to combat due to the ability to change up your configuration easily, with equipped mantle choices that have distinct and visually impressive effects.
- It sets to deliver a winning combination of story, gameplay and challenge.
- Code Vein is set to release on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on September 27th, 2018.
Kingdom Hearts 3
- Kingdom Hearts is back this year with more Disney characters you could shake a joy-stick at. Not only will Elsa and Olaf be joining game but Captain Jack Sparrow and his whole crew.
- In this universe where a mix of characters from different Disney films coexist, Sora a young boy who unknowingly inherits great powers returns to a new adventure.
- Sora will team up with Donald Duck and Goofy to stop the evil forces known as the Heartless from taking over the world.
- This title will introduce two new worlds to the series, Frozen and Pirates of the Carribean.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 is set to release on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on January 29th 2019.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: