Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Recently CD Projekt Red the developers of upcoming sci-fi action-RPG Cyberpunk 2077 held their investor’s meeting which shared some interesting goals in terms of the future title’s quality.
- The CEO Adam Kiciński was questioned about Cyberpunk 2077’s standard of quality compared to the recent very successful Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Kicinski responded: “Without a doubt, quality is of paramount importance. We strive to publish games which are as refined as Red Dead Redemption 2, and recent Rockstar releases in general. That game is excellent, by the way, we are rooting for it. Rave reviews, excellent sales. What does that teach us? Well, it teaches us that we need to publish extraordinary games, and that’s exactly what we are planning.”
- Cyberpunk 2077 has yet to be announced for their official release window, but some sources have pointed to a possible 2019 release. The title will launch on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Cyberpunk 2077 Aims For Same Quality Standards As Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Online
- With Red Dead Redemption 2 launching earlier this month, players got a chance to experience the world of Arthur Morgan and being a part of the Van der Linde gang.
- Those who own RDR2 got a taste of the Red Dead Online beta which went live on November 27th, premiering to those who had purchased the Ultimate Edition.
- This was followed by 3 more sessions that allowed players, those who had joined Red Dead Redemption 2 later on, to experience the wild west in online mode.
- The online mode allows you to group up with friends or join a gang with a maximum of seven players. Carry out missions in multiplayer, enjoy hunting or fishing together and even battle enemy gangs. Take part in skirmishes and “pitched set-piece battles” against other players or even a whole Posse in what Rockstar calls “open world challenges”.
- In anticipation of unexpected glitches, bugs and issues, Rockstar has set up a support page where players can report what they’ve found in their Red Dead Online Beta experience.
- Not only can you report bugs but also give feedback and suggestions about the game.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Red Dead Online Beta Starts November 27th and Rockstar Wants Your Feedback For Red Dead Online Bugs And Glitches.
Kingdom Hearts III
- During a Cyber Monday stream the Dawn Till Dusk Keyblade was announced. Those who purchase any edition of Kingdom Hearts III on Amazon.com will receive the DLC collectible.
- The Keyblade that comes with your copy of Kingdom Hearts III, features a green and yellow design with sun and moon symbols. What special stats this weapon may hold has not been unveiled yet. If you want to get this DLC item you will need to pre-order your Kingdom Heart III copy for Playstation 4 or Xbox One from Amazon.
- The DLC Keyblade will be available once the game releases on January 29th 2019.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Kingdom Hearts III Dawn Till Dusk Keyblade DLC Exclusive Item For Amazon Purchasers
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- The first DLC will for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey called Legacy of the First Blade will be arriving this December.
- The expansion to be released by Ubisoft is the first of three episodes that will be released every six weeks starting from December ending in Spring of 2019. The first part of the three part series called Legacy of the First Blade, which follows the first assassin to wield the Assassin’s Hidden Blade.
- The first episode will focus on Kassandra or Alexios (depending on who you chose to play) meeting Darius. A black masked group of enemies can be seen ransacking villages in the trailer, they are seeking the “tainted ones” which includes the player’s character.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is currently available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The first episode “Hunted” will release on December 4th as part of the Season pass which is priced at $39.99.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Legacy Of The First Blade DLC Episode 1 Releases December 2018
- The apocalyptic Fallout 76 has undergone some rough issues since its launch earlier in November. Bethesda now share some upcoming details concerning the next major patches that will be released on December 4th and 11th.
- Bethesda Game Studios are be a bit more forthcoming with the their plans for upcoming patches that are set to release this December. Since the rocky start to the newly released Fallout 76 that contained some bugs, they share in their latest post that they want to “work to make a better bridge between you and the dev team at BGS.”
- The first patch to drop next week on December 4th includes the much anticipated increase to Stash Limit. It will also include various performance and stability improvements, some balance changes and fixes to bugs in the game.
- The second patch which arrives on December 11th will include such features as SPECIAL Respec after level 50, C.A.M.P. placement on login and push to talk for PC players.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Fallout 76 Details For Next Major Patches Revealed By Bethesda.
- It’s not been long since the announcement of Obsidian Entertainment being acquired by Microsoft Studios, they now have some news of a new RPG to be shared at The Games Awards 2018 next week.
- If you visit the Obsidian website you will be interestingly met with a couple of pop up announcements, the first being a countdown timer to The Game Awards 2018 where the developer plans to unveil a new game.
- The second what appears to be an “advertisement” for Auntie Cleo’s, if you revisit the website again you will see a further “advertisement” for Spacer’s Choice both in a retro artstyle. This is all very mysterious but maybe there’s a clue in there somewhere, maybe a spaced themed RPG?
- All we know so far is that it’s a new RPG, whether that means new IP or not…well we’ll have to wait and see.
- They will be unveiling a new RPG by Obsidian and Private Division. The reveal will be at The Game Awards 2018 on December 6th at 9pm ET/6pm PT which you can catch on live streams on Twitch, Mixer, Facebook and other streaming platforms.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Obsidian Entertainment To Reveal New Game At The Game Awards 2018
Path of Exile
- Those who were gearing up for the release of Path of Exile on PS4 this December will need to wait until beginning of next year as Grinding Gear Games announced the delayed release.
- The action-RPG that would be coming to a new platform on PS4 gets delayed as Grinding Gear Games shares an announcement on their forum explaining that due to the “certification process” it would not be releasing in December. The post explains due to the busy period that Christmas is, they could not meet the deadline.
- In this post they also apologise to fans of the game but assure that it will give them time to work on game’s performance.
- Path of Exile is currently available to play on Xbox One, PC and will now be arriving on Playstation 4 in February 2019.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Path Of Exile Release Gets Delayed Until February 2019.
- The developer Bioware is busy preparing for their launch of Anthem for 2019, but it seems they haven’t lost focus on their previous franchise Dragon Age and appear to be releasing some news in December.
- In the latest blog post that was posted on Bioware’s website the studio GM Casey Hudson gave an overall update of what’s happening with the developer in terms of projects, focusing mostly on Anthem’s milestones.
- In part of the post he talks about “secret Dragon Age stuff” that will be revealed in December.
- What this particular news might entail is difficult to say, while Bioware have mentioned they’re still working on the IP in the past, there’s no way to tell what exactly they have in store for Dragon Age fans. Hudson will also be attending next week’s The Game Awards 2018 and with the recent news of more than 10 games to be announced, maybe this will be the platform they’ll use to share some news? All will be revealed next month.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Bioware Hints At Dragon Age News Coming In December.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: