Last updated on January 1st, 2021
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Granblue Fantasy: Relink
- During the Granblue Fantasy Fes 2020 livestream, developer Cygames announced that they will be releasing the Action-RPG Granblue Fantasy: Relink in 2022 for Playstation 4 and Playstation 5.
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink was first announced in 2016. In 2019, there was an announcement that the co-production between PlatinumGames and Cygames had been disbanded, and Cygames would continue to solely develop the game. Now this December, we finally get a release window. 2021 looks to be a quiet year for Relink news, as there will be more news about game closer to the release date.
- The livestream included 23 minutes of gameplay, featuring four-player co-op. The video gives an overview of equipment, character abilities, an airship location and a boss battle.
- As with all news in this video, if you want to know more you can check out the details on the Fextralife website.
For more on this news find it here in Granblue Fantasy: Relink Resurfaces With 2022 Release Window For PS4 And PS5.
Amazon’s Lord of The Rings MMO
- The free-to-play Lord of the Rings MMO which is being co-developed by Athlon Games and Amazon, as well as published by Amazon appears to be releasing sometime in 2022.
- Athlon Games which is a subsidiary of Leyou, was recently acquired by Tencent, and through some disclosure documents that were filed, part of the acquisition revealed the game is “expected to be launched from Q4 2021 to Q1 2023”. This means that Amazon’s LOTR MMO will be released in 2022. The game is said to be set before the events of the book trilogy.
- So far what we do know about the MMO is who is working on the game. The online multiplayer will be developed with Leyou Technologies who own the Warframe developer Digital Extremes, as well as Middle-earth Enterprises will be behind it. It is set to release on PC as well as consoles.
- Amazon Game Studios has already quite the group of experienced MMO talent, as it is comprised of members who have worked on the likes of Everquest, Destiny, World of Warcraft, Planetside and more.
For more on this news find it here in Amazon’s Lord Of The Rings MMO Launch Expected In 2022.
- The update for Genshin Impact v.1.2. called “The Chalk Prince and the Dragon” will be releasing on December 23rd for PC, Android, iOS, Playstation 4 and via backwards compatibility Playstation 5. With it comes a whole new region to explore called Dragonspine.
- This major update will add a new map expansion, a new immersive adventure to embark upon, complete with new creatures, mysteries, treasures and further danger, which happen in the frozen realm of Dragonspine. It will be located in the south of Mondstadt, which will be full of rare artifacts, and recipes for 4-star weapons to be acquired. This region adds it’s own challenge with the Sheer Cold bar, meaning keeping warm will play it’s role in player survival.
- Two new five star characters will be added to the game, Albedo and Ganyu, they will both be featured in the upcoming questline.
- Genshin Impact is currently available to play on PC, iOS, Android, PS4 and PS5. Update 1.2. will be released on December 23rd.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact Update 1.2. Adds Dragonspine And Two Playable Characters.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood
- Publisher Nacon and developer Cyanide have released a first look at gameplay in a seven minute video for the upcoming Action-RPG Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood.
- The new footage for Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood features some gameplay, including forms, abilities and skills for the protagonist Cahal. The main character is an exiled werewolf who has returned to stop the battle of the oil and gas corporations from destroying Endron.
- Cahal can shift into different forms, his wolf form which can be used to sneak up on unsuspecting enemies and behind enemy lines by infiltrating. His werewolf form Crinos is used for combat. Then there is his human form that can interact with the environment and use a cross-bow.
- The upcoming game is based on White Wolf Publishing’s tabletop roleplaying game Werewolf: The Apocalypse set in the World of Darkness which is a universe shared by the Vampire: The Masquerade games.
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood will release on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store on February 4, 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood Gameplay Revealed.
- The latest class to join the Black Desert roster is Nova, which will be coming to Black Desert on consoles and mobile, as well as Black Desert Online for PC on December 22nd.
- To celebrate the release of the new addition to Black Desert, players can log into the game, to gain some rewards, with three bundles of goodies.
- Nova is a strategic frontline fighter, the former princess of Calpheon who jumps into battle with a morning-star and tower shield. Her plight is to reclaim the throne she was once promised.
- Her abilities include being able to summon royal guards from the center of her shield, to help defend her, or create frosty talons to take down her enemies. Nova marks the 21st class to be joining Black Desert or Black Desert Online, and the 13th class to be added to the mobile version.
For more on this news find it here in Black Desert Celebrates New Class Nova Releasing This Month.
- The Diablo 4 developer update this quarter is the last one this year, this time focusing on itemisation. This includes different types of Weapons, Legendary Affixes, Uniques and more.
- One update which was made since the last quarterly Diablo IV coverage from Blizzard, is that players will be able to respec skills an unlimited amount of times, however this will cost you the more you character grows. By endgame, respec will be more costly, so choosing your build will have a heavier significance.
- Each Class skill tree will have additional effects once you fulfil specific primary stat thresholds, gaining a baseline effect of these nodes as you spend the skill points. Once unlocked, gain enough corresponding primary stats and the bonus effect will activate.
- Another new addition is Weapons Speeds. One-handed weapons have the faster attack speed, but two-handed weapons deal more damage.
- One major changes for Diablo 4 is for Item Qualities, Blizzard are increasing the potential power of individual affixes for Magic items. In endgame Rare and better items will have an increased maximum of affixes. While Legendary affixes will now roll randomly on Legendary Items.
- Replacing Mythics are Unique items. The idea is not to disregard other rarities completely.
- To read all the details for the latest developer update be sure to check out the news on Fextralife.com. For more Diablo 4 info be sure to drop by our Diablo 4 wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Diablo IV Developer Outlines Weapon Types, Legendary Affixes, Uniques And More.
- This week developer Team Ninja releases the final DLC for Nioh 2 called The First Samurai. In introduces the most challenging missions and formidable foes the series has seen so far. There is a new added difficulty level that will even give veteran players a run for their money.
- The livestream by the developer shared some gameplay footage of the new DLC which previewed some of the new content players will face.
- This DLC will dive back into the past as a Visitor for the last time. Here they will find themselves in a place their mother spoke of when they were young. Discover Otakemaru’s past, the secret of Sohayamaru, and the truth behind the first samurai. This will be a climatic ending for Nioh 2.
- Nioh 2 is currently available to play on PS4, and will be releasing on PS5 as well as PC on February 5th 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Nioh 2 DLC The First Samurai Gets New Trailer Plus Gameplay.
Mass Effect 4
- Bioware has shared, a number of veterans from the original Mass Effect series have returned to work on the next upcoming Mass Effect game.
- Project director Mike Gamble has featured a number of members from the team on their Twitter.
- Former Bioware members Dusty Everman the narrative designer of Mass Effect and creative director Parrish Ley have now rejoined the studio, to work on the next Mass Effect title this year.
- Another Bioware veteran mentioned by Gamble is Brenon Holmes, who has spent 20-years with Bioware, and is now working on the trilogy remastered collection, Mass Effect Legendary. Also Derek Watts, the original art director for Mass Effect was spotlighted, is also a part of the team.
- While there have been new additions, there has also been the departure of Casey Hudson, studio head and Mass Effect’s original creative director who announced they were leaving the company this month.
For more on this news find it here in Bioware Confirms Several Veterans Have Returned For Mass Effect 4.
- It’s been a bit of a confusing week for Cyberpunk 2077 players, especially those who have purchased the game on Playstation. Previously CD Projekt Red had issued a statement sharing they will offer refunds to both last-gen consoles players, on Xbox and Playstation due to the backlash from players for the current state of the game. With numerous amounts of bugs, glitches and crashes they have experienced since its launch.
- The developer had offered those who own the game and who were not satisfied with waiting for patches that will be rolling out early next year, to request refunds through PSN and the Xbox store.
- However, there seemed to be some confusion with how the refunds would be handled, as many started to report their refund requests were being refused by their platform store.
- In another turn of events this week, Sony had issued a statement on their official website explaining they have now pulled the game from the store and offering refunds. Cyberpunk 2077 will not be available on the store “until further notice” to ensure “a high level of customer satisfaction”.
- This begs the question well what happens now? CD Projekt Red had already shared this week that they will be releasing patches to help fix the game and the performance for last-gen consoles, with the earliest rolling out within a few days. With news of the game now being pulled from the store, and those who are now waiting for fixes, it’s a wonder if the developer will change their plan for future updates. If they want their game to be reinstated on the PS Store, they will need to make the improvement and fixes needed to have the game run smoothly on these platforms. What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Sony Pulls Cyberpunk 2077 From Playstation Store.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: