Last updated on January 1st, 2019
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
The Outer Worlds
- Obsidian the developers of Pillars of Eternity 2 have been hinting at a new game a week before the The Game Awards 2018 and finally reveal the new space themed RPG title The Outerworlds for Xbox One, PC and Playstation 4.
- The retro themed space adventure features action, extraterrestrial beasts and robots. The comical trailer shows some of the storyline and hints at an action packed game. The studio is known for games such as Fallout: New Vegas and seems to draw some inspiration from the franchise.
To read more about this news find it here in Obsidian Reveal New IP The Outer Worlds.
- In a short but sweet announcement, Bioware draws out their reveal of the next Dragon Age game with a teaser trailer at the Game Awards 2018.
- Bioware have been hinting that they had some Dragon Age news to share at this year’s The Game Awards 2018. They share a teaser trailer that only gives a few seconds of footage followed by #TheDreadWolfRises which is reference to one of the gods. However, little else was given, no platforms or even type of game.
- In a blog post that accompanied the announcement Matthew Goldman the Creative Director of the game gave this statement which hints at “party-based combat” as well as “romance”.
- But it seems there is little else to reveal at this point as the Executive Producer Mark Darrah explains they “won’t be sharing any details for now.”
To read more about this news find it here in Bioware Teases Announcement Next Dragon Age Game At TGA 2018.
- At the Kinda Funny Showcase NIS America announce the release of the 2D RPG Lapis Labyrinth will be coming to the west on platforms Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- The RPG 2D scroller by Nippon Ichi Software, Lapis Labyrinth will be having a western release as announced today at the Kinda Funny Showcase. A title that involves battles in randomly generated dungeons players will take their party of four to fight it out.
- These characters will not stand in different positions but will stack on top of each other in a kind of tower called a “Dango”.
- With a choice of 8 classes to choose from, each will have a different ability, using them against the numerous monsters that are expected at each of floor of the dungeons.
- Lapis Labyrinth will release next year in 2019 on Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch on November 29th. The game is already available to play in Japan.
To read more about this news find it here in NIS Announce Action RPG Lapis Labyrinth Western Release.
- A new trailer has been released for racing RPG Desert Child.
- The developer Oscar Brittain and publisher Akupara games release a retro styled trailer with a jazzy soundtrack for the upcoming racer.
- The video features some of the gameplay players will expect from the game which include hoverbikes, inspired by anime such as Akira. The new trailer was released at the Kinda Funny Showcase that featured some indie games.
- Desert Child is set to release on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on December 11th 2018.
To read more about this news find it here in Desert Child Gets New Trailer At Kinda Funny Games Showcase.
Monster Hunter World
- During the livestream special developer update on Monday, Capcom revealed a new expansion heading to hunters next fall called Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
- Set to release next year, Monster Hunter World will be receiving its first large expansion. This will include new quest ranks, monsters, locales, move and equipment.
- A brand new storyline will accompany this expansion as well. MHW fans can choose to purchase the expansion alone or from a bundle with the base game if they haven’t purchased it already.
- Capcom have so far not released details of the price of this expansion but more details will be released closer to the time possibly in Spring.
- The livestream also detailed some updates that would be coming to game which include Kulve Taroth returning as an arch-tempered monster as well as Nergigante in Spring, the Appreciation Festival coming to consoles celebrating the 1 year anniversary, a special collaboration crossoover with Geralt from The Witcher 3.
- To read more about these detail updates you can visit Fextralife.com for all the news.
To read more about this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Iceborne Expansion Announced!
- Reggie Fils-Aime the president and COO of Nintendo of America openly explains how E3 2019 is a “no-brainer” for their attendance.
- It was not long ago when Sony made a huge announcement regarding E3 2019, saying that they will be opting out for next year and without sharing plans of their own press conference like EA has done with EA Play. Nintendo and Microsoft however will not be following suit, sharing openly their positivity towards E3.
- In his latest statement Reggie Fils-Aime held his position on the event, even going as far as saying that E3 2019 is a “no-brainer” and an “outstanding opportunity” for Nintendo. His message concentrated on the ability to “innovate” and to continually grow.
To read more about this news find it here in Reggie Fils-Aime Says Attending E3 Is An “Outstanding Opportunity” For Nintendo.
- Bethesda released the second patch this December for Fallout 76 that was previously announced earlier this month. Patch 22.214.171.124 comes with new major C.A.M.P. improvements, SPECIAL re-spec option, new display settings for PC players and an array of bug fixes.
- Some of features included the ability to respec once you reach level 51 and for every level after if you wish to re-spec. You will be given the choice to unlock a new Perk Card or to reallocate one SPECIAL point.
- PC players will now have the option to use Push-to-Talk instead of open comms. A hotkey has now been made available so you can choose when to talk.
- New settings have been added which allows Field of View adjustments and Depth of Field. There was also a wide range of bug fixes that helped improved stability and overall performance.
To read more about this news find it here in Fallout 76 Patch 126.96.36.199 Details.
Ni no Kuni 2 DLC
- The Studio Ghibli-esque RPG Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom got a major DLC this week on December 13th.
- The paid DLC called The Lair of the Lost Lord is available for PS4 and PC. It brings a new zone to explore, new quests, more than 80 new weapons and armor pieces. A “returning enemy” will also be gracing the DLC and a more indepth battle system is coming as well.
- The newest area a mysterious Labyrinth in order to “rid the world of an ancient evil”. In order to access the area you must travel to a strange gate that appears in the Rubbly Ruins. If you’re brave enough, venture to the depths that will promise new challenge and enemies to defeat which includes the Prince of Wraiths.
- A free update is also releasing at the same time as the DLC which will raise the level cap to 120.
- Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom’s The Lair of the Lost Lord DLC will available on December 13th for $9.99 on PC and PS4. The DLC is will be available as part of the season pass which costs $19.99.
To read more about this news find it here in Ni No Kuni 2’S The Lair Of The Lost Lord Paid DLC Releases This Week.
- The indie souls-like RPG Ashen got its released last week via the new digital store front by Epic Games. However, things haven’t been smooth sailing as there have been some issues concerning multiplayer for PC.
- A44 Games the developer has been receiving feedback from players who have been rather vocal on Reddit. There have been some issues with multiplayer aspects, this problem is to do with teaming up with friends in the Ashen co-op system.
- It looks like the developer is not working on the issue on their own as Epic try to help out as well.
- Ashen takes a unique approach to co-op with “passive” feature, meaning players you find out in the world take on the look of an NPC, making the world feel fully immersed.
- Ashen is available to play on PC via the Epic Games Store and on Xbox One.
To read more about this news find it here in Ashen Developer Still Trying to Fix PC Multiplayer.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: