Last updated on December 30th, 2019
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Divinity Original Sin: The Board Game
- After launching their Kickstarter for Divinity Original Sin: The Board Game, Larian not only reached their reached their original goal within the first day, but has almost times that ten fold with reaching over $1 million in backing.
- The campaign which has 5 days to go, has already reached all stretch goals and will now gain new playable character, quest, miniatures, bosses and more.
- But it seems this isn’t the end of the road for further content, as their latest update 11 shares they are now working on what else they can add, as these further additions weren’t factored in, in the original game plan.
- The board game will stay true to what fans love about Divinity, letting players adventure through either alone or play with up to 4 players. Each character will determine your traits and abilities with a story that follows the origins of that character.
For more on this news read it here in Divinity Original Sin: The Board Game Hits $1 Million In Funding.
Elder Scrolls: Legends
- In an official statement for The Elder Scrolls: Legends, Bethesda share news on further content for the card game.
- The official statement which was shared in the subreddit, explained that there was suppose to be one more update for the end of this year, but has been put on hold as Bethesda has: “…decided to put any new content development or releases on hold for the foreseeable future.”
- The post also shared that this would not impact the release and development of the Gaea’s Asia release version since this operates separately. Further monthly reward cards and in-game events will still take place, however any further expansions or future content will not be under development.
- In order to thank players for their continual support, Bethesda has shared they are “giving away The Tamriel Collection — an assortment of new, three-attribute cards and more — to all players for free upon their next login.”
For more on this news read it here in The Elder Scrolls: Legends New Content Development Halted.
Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Square Enix shared that upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake will be a one year timed exclusive for Playstation 4.
- Back in 2015 Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced, it was revealed it would be coming to Playstation 4 first. Earlier this year in July, Square Enix announced there were “no plans for other platforms” which made it appear that it may be an exclusive for PS4.
- However, now there is news that while FF7 Remake is coming to Playstation first, it will be a 1 year timed exclusive releasing on March 3rd 2020.
- The latest box art now adds a disclaimer on the cover saying this is an exclusive to Playstation 4 until March 3rd 2021. This is one year of exclusive access to PS before it will be made available on other platforms.
- There was also a brand new trailer release focusing on Cloud at The Game Awards, providing a little backstory.
For more on this news read it here in Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be A One Year Timed Playstation 4 Exclusive.
- This week also came with a lot of news from The Game Awards 2019, this included Tuque Games announcing a new D&D title, Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance.
- A cinematic trailer was released during The Game Awards 2019 for Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance which will feature well known characters from the author R.A. Salvatore.
- The title sets to mix hack and slash with dungeon crawler, in a third-person action RPG. Players can team up with up to four players in local or online co-op.
- Dark Alliance will be releasing on PC and consoles in fall 2020.
For more on this news read it here in Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance RPG Title Announced.
- Airship Syndicate announces story driven League of Legends game called Ruined King at The Game Awards 2019.
- Ruined King sets to be a turn-based RPG developed with Darksiders Genesis developer Airship Syndicate and published by Riot Forge. A single-player title will be releasing for PC and console. The trailer shows spirits seeping from Thresh’s lantern, then travelling to Bilgewater, home to pirates.
- It seems to be quite a busy year ahead for Riot Forge as they announced two games during TGA 2019 under League of Legends Story, as well as previous announcements for Riot this year of the card game Legends of Runeterra, a fighting game and action game all in the works.
For more on this news read it here in Ruined King A League Of Legends Turn-Based RPG Announced.
- An MMO action-RPG, Magic: Legends was announced during TGA, which is set in the world of Magic: The Gathering. Perfect World and Cryptic Studios known for Neverwinter are behind this latest title. Expect plenty of powerful creatures in combat, as you battle as a Planeswalker as you wield spells.
- Beta testing will take place sometime in 2020 and registration is now live on the official website. At the moment there isn’t much info on the website but more news will be revealed in Janaury 2020 according to Wizards of the Coast.
- The ARPG will release on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4
For more on this news read it here in Magic: Legends An MMO Action RPG Announced.
Elder Scrolls Online: Skyrim
- Zenimax released the final cinematic for The Season of the Dragon during TGA, which rounds off the end of the chapter which took players on a dragon filled adventure in Elsweyr.
- But there was also a tease of the next chapter after Elsweyr, which will be taking us to the snow-covered region of Skyrim.
- At the end of trailer we saw a quick clip of figure looking over the mountains of skyrim and the phrase “Explore the Dark Heart of Skyrim”.
- Zenimax have shared they will be revealing more about the next big adventure during their livestream taking place January 16th.
For more on this news read it here in Elder Scrolls Online Teases Skyrim Next Chapter At TGA 2019.
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
- The action title by FromSoftware Sekiro Shadows Die Twice snaps up the Game of the Year award. The FromSoftware team were there to pick up the award in person. The developer has been having a great year as they also gained the Gold Prize at this year’s Playstation Awards as well.
- In August this year, Sekiro surpassed 3.8 Million copies sold which is no small feat.
- FromSoftware’s next project is the illusive Elden Ring which was no where to be seen at this year’s The Game Awards much to our disappointment but good things come to those who wait, in the mean time you can visit our Elden Ring wiki for all the latest.
- If you want to know what we thought of Sekiro be sure to check out our Sekiro review.
For more on this news read it here in Sekiro Wins Game Of The Year At TGA 2019.
- Amazon Games Studios announced the release window for upcoming New World at TGA 2019 which will be May 2020. The title is set in the fictional world of the 17th century and will be released on PC.
- The game is all about the Age of Exploration, adding survival elements as players attempt to colonise Aeternum, a mysterious island. This MMO will have massive battles where up to 100 players can join, taking combat to the field. Join companies, build strongholds or go it alone in solo.
- Those who pre-order will gain access to the closed beta which will be available in April 2020.
- New World will release in May 2020 and available for pre-purchase now on Steam for $39.99.
For more on this news read it here in New World MMO Releases May 2020.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: