Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Obsidan job listings on Linkedin hint at a few features for upcoming first-person Action-RPG Avowed, including cross-platform, multiplayer and more.
- Avowed was unveiled at the Xbox Games Showcase but not many details have been given about the fantasy first-person title, but we do know it is set in the same Pillars of Eternity 2 world Eora, it’s open world, and what was seen in the trailer, which is not a lot to go on. However, Obsidian have recently posted some job listings which provide further hints of what the game entails.
- In a few of the job descriptions they mention “experience with cross-platform game development”, and “multiplayer game development experience” as a plus for candidates. Another job position requests for experience in branching dialogue, which points to an RPG with more narrative rich dialogue.
- Another interesting clue to pick up upon from the job descriptions are for combat. For the listing for Combat Animator, the developer is looking for someone who has both experience in “first-person and third-person melee combat”, then also specifies “third-person ranged combat”.
- Avowed is not strictly mentioned in these job listings, but since they have just announced the game recently and the listings mention “next high-profile, roleplaying game”, it’s not hard to put two and two together.
For more on this news find it here in Avowed Job Listings Hint Cross Platform, Multiplayer Plus More.
Monster Hunter World
- Capcom have announced shipment numbers for some of their recent and well-known titles that have raked in some impressive numbers.
- This includes the recent release Resident Evil 3 which has now shipped 2.7 million units worldwide, Monster Hunter World which has reached a staggering 16 millions units and the latest expansion MHW Iceborne which now stands at 5.8 million units shipped.
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne has continued to grow, last we heard of its shipment numbers was back in March where it had already surpassed the 5 million mark, now gaining another 1.8 million in the past few months.
- Capcom also outlined their roadmap for content covering up to fall earlier last month which detailed upcoming event quests for Frostfang Barioth and a returning monster coming with title update 5.
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne is currently available to play on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Has Shipped 16 Million & Iceborne 5.8 Million.
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
- This week was the latest developer update video for Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord outlines some update changes coming to the game including being able to celebrate with your team in multiplayer, UI for Clans, game ID and more.
- One particular addition will allow you to celebrate your victories with your battalion, so now you don’t have to have a victory party on your own. There are a few different emotes to choose from and currently works in single player mode. This will be added later on in multiplayer so you can express yourself with your band of warriors.
- The Bannerlord ID system lets players not only add friends on the same platform they’re playing on but also between Steam and Epic.
- There is also a simple Clan UI system, letting players create their own Clans, with choices to add a Sigil, Faction and Clan name. You can also track your Clan’s progress with the leaderboard which shows wins and losses.
- Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is currently available on Steam Early Access and on the Epic Games Store.
For more on this news find it here in Bannerlord Update Unveils UI, Multiplayer Celebration, Clans And More.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- Larian Studios made an announcement on their official Twitter page sharing that Baldur’s Gate 3 early access will be delayed from August. Alongside the news of the delay was the message that the new early access release date will be announced in the near future.
- There will also be a Larian stream on August 18th to share more details about the official launch date for Baldur’s Gate 3 early access. Geoff Keighley will also be on the stream, which suggests it will be part of the ongoing Summer Game Fest coverage.
- This news comes quite close to the announcement from the director of publishing at Larian Studios Michael Douse, that Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t be having a pre-order period with any retailers. This also came with a warning for any BG3 fans to not fall for any pre-orders on websites. Currently there has been no announcement for a set launch date or pricing for the game.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 will release on PC and Google Stadia with no release window announced as of yet.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Delayed From August Early Access Launch.
- This week developer Cold Symmetry has released news that their dark Action-RPG Mortal Shell will be launching on August 18th on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC digitally. The beta that took place last month received over 350,000 players in just one week, surpassing more than 6 million views across Twitch and Youtube.
- Along with the news of the release date comes a new trailer showcasing a range weapon, the Ballistazooka. This weapon has the capability of launching heavy iron bolts at amazing speed.
- The trailer gives us a peek at the devastating weapon in action along with a quick snippet of one of the game’s terrifying foes, locations and the mysterious fourth Shell to be unveiled, Solomon.
- Mortal Shell will be available for $29.99 on the Epic Games Store, on the Playstation Store and Xbox Games Store. The PC version is a time-exclusive on Epic and will later be releasing on Steam in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Mortal Shell Launches August 18th.
- The Action-RPG fantasy title Greedfall developed by Spiders Games has now surpassed one million copies sold. The game released last year in September, introducing players to a world mixed with danger, magic, and narrative choices to make.
- The combat mixes your traditional melee and guns options with the choice of magic spells, letting you cast and use traditional weapons at the same. If you want to know what we thought of this adventure into new lands, you can check out our GreedFall Review – An RPG With Plenty Of Choices.
- Spiders is not done with producing unique titles, their next project was announced at Nacon in early July called Steelrising.
- Greedfall is available on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Greedfall Surpasses One Million Copies Sold.
Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls Online has been confirmed to be coming to Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X. Good news for those who already own a copy on Playstation 4 or Xbox One, as they can get a free upgrade when they switchover to next-gen consoles (respectively) when they become available, so no need to repurchase.
- The development team are working on making both titles backwards compatible when the new consoles launch. What that means is, you can continue with your current account, keeping your character progress and continue playing.
- More info will be coming in the next weeks and months for the MMORPG, this will include the expected release windows for both consoles plus further enhancements.
- Elder Scrolls Online is currently available on Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC and Stadia. It has been confirmed it will be coming to Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Is Coming Xbox Series X And Playstation 5.
- In the latest State of Play, that featured games coming both to Playstation 4, PSVR and Playstation 5, Godfall gets nearly 9 minutes of the looter-slasher in action.
- The new gameplay video showing combat on PS5, features a lengthy video that is narrated by the game director for Couterplay Games, Keith Lee.
- The director also promises there are no microtransactions, and all gear is acquired through the intense combat.
- The intention for Godfall was to bring together RPG progression with third-person action combat, which the devs call a looter-slasher. It also looks like that while Armor is an important factor to the game, skill is also a focus, meaning you will need to bring your A game to take down these foes.
- Your weapon class choice will be dependent on the style of play you prefer, for example choosing dual blades offers fast, fluid combat, allowing a combo of light attacks to deal some decent damage.
- Godfall will be releasing on Playstation 5 and on PC in the holidays of 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Godfall Gets New PS5 Gameplay Video.
- miHoyo the publisher and developer behind the open-world RPG Genshin Impact released a new trailer during Playstation’s State of Play, announcing that Genshin Impact would be coming to Playstation 4 this fall.
- Previously the developer had announced Genshin Impact would be arriving on PC, iOS and Android before October, and looks like PS4 will also be releasing during the same time.
- During the broadcast, a new trailer was released featuring a number of characters for Genshin Impact, a couple of the major cities in Teyvat and a quick look at some of the unique elemental powers and combat styles.
- Genshin Impact will be coming to Playstation 4 this fall, along with PC, Android and iOS this year. Nintendo Switch is also releasing at some point.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact Launches On PS4 Fall 2020.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: