Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Dragon Age 4
- The Lead Producer of upcoming Bioware title Dragon Age 4, has announced he has left the developer after 12 years. In a tweet on his Twitter, he shared the announcement along with his parting email. He explains in the email he has “been wanting to take some time to disconnect and figure out what I’d like to focus on as a next chapter”.
- He also shares in his email the next instalment of Dragon Age (code name Morrison) is “well underway to becoming the definitive Dragon Age experience.” He expresses that the project has been left in capable hands, with a team with “some of the best devs in the world”.
- Dragon Age 4 which has not received its official title yet, was announced last year at the The Game Awards 2018. A teaser trailer was shown confirming the title was in the works. So far no release window has been announced for the game.
To read more about this news find here in: Lead Producer Of Dragon Age 4 Leaves Bioware.
The Surge 2
- Focus Home Interactive have released the welcomed news that The Surge 2 has gone gold, an industry term meaning the title is ready to be shipped out next month. Deck 13 will be able to ship out the action-RPG which will be releasing September.
- This game is the sequel to The Surge which comes with a fair few changes from the prequel, which includes full character customisation, merchants, drones and more.
- You can also use directional parries and aim at boss parts to create weak points to deal damage. If you’re interested to see a breakdown of all these additions be sure to watch next The Surge 2: 10 Changes From The Prequel.
- The Surge 2 will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC September 24th and is currently available to pre-order.
To read more about this news find here in: The Surge 2 Goes Gold.
- During the the Nintendo Indie Direct before Gamescom 2019, the release date for the 2D platformer Blasphemous was announced to be coming to Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC and Switch this September.
- According to the Indie World Showcase Blasphemous is releasing this September 26th, however there was a slight typo during the livestream and the actual release date for all platforms is September 10th.
- The latest release trailer for the 2D hack and slash shows more bosses, fights, moves and just plenty of horrific scenes. Expect “devastating combos and brutal executions”.
- Blasphemous will be arriving on September 10th on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.
To read more about this news find here in: Blasphemous A 2D Non-Linear Platformer Releases Sept 2019.
The Witcher 3
- It was earlier this year that The Witcher 3 started getting rumours that it would be coming to the Nintendo Switch. It was around E3, that it was confirmed, coming as the complete edition which means all of the DLC.
- At Opening Night Live, the release date has been revealed for October 15th along with a trailer. It was also detailed by official The Witcher twitter account in June that it would run at 780p in docked mode and just 580p in handheld.
- While this is not surprising as it’s a hefty game for the Switch, we got a closer look at how the game handles with the dev team previewing some gameplay.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition will be coming to Nintendo Switch on October 15th.
- If you’re planning on taking up the adventure be sure to visit our Witcher 3: Wild Hunt wiki.
To read more about this news find here in: Witcher 3 Releases On Switch October 15th.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
- Capcom released a brand new trailer for Monster Hunter World Iceborne for Gamescom Opening Night Live showcasing the Velkhana elder dragon.
- We also get to see a story following the region of Hoarfrost Reach where together with the Research Commission, players will track down monsters and explore the land.
- Velkhana looks like it will be putting up a good fight, as it raises ice from the ground and breathes a frosty breath over hunters. We also get to see it up close, it’s covered in icicle-like scales.
- The end of the trailer also previews some of the pre-order bonus goodies hunters will receive, as well as a free Guardian armor set coming with the update in September.
- This wasn’t the only news for Iceborne as the first crossover event was announced featuring Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds. Hunters will take on the role of Aloy and her trusty machine-like light bowgun and hunt in the Hoarfrost Reach region. Like the previous collaboration with Horizon Zero Dawn it will be exclusively on PS4.
- So far no release date has been announced for this event.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne releases September 6th on Playstation 4 and Xbox One with PC arriving in January 2020.
To read more about this news find here in: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Velkhana Gamescom 2019 Trailer; Pre-Order Bonuses and Monster Hunter World Iceborne Horizon Zero Dawn Crossover.
- Developer CD Projekt Red are releasing Cyberpunk 2077 as a single-player game in 2020 but apparently have not completely ruled out idea of multiplayer.
- According to a recent article by Eurogamer, during Gamescom the developer CD Projekt Red told them they are still looking into a multiplayer aspect.
- While the game is releasing as a single-player, according to senior concept artist Marthe Jonkers, there is a small team looking at multiplayer at the R&D stage.
- For the developer, the whole feel of multiplayer has to fit into the game, it’s not something that can be forced, which is great news to hear. While online multiplayer would add a completely new experience to the Cyberpunk world, Jonkers assures if it’s not a fit, it won’t happen.
- There was also the news that Cyberpunk 2077 would be coming to Google Stadia during the Stadia Connect live stream. The title joins the catalogue of games which include such releases as Baldur’s Gate 3, Darksiders Genesis, Borderlands 3 and more.
To read more about this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Announced To Be Coming To Google Stadia and Cyberpunk 2077 Developer Hasn’t Ruled Out Multiplayer.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
- It was revealed this week by TaleWorlds Entertainment that their highly anticipated sandbox action RPG: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will be releasing to Steam Early Access in March 2020.
- This announcement has been a long time coming, and the release date of the game has been a hot question for a long time. Just when it will leave Early Access is anyone’s guess, but we’ve been told they would love to get it into full live release before the end of 2020.
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is the sequel to the acclaimed medieval combat simulator and role-playing game Mount & Blade: Warband. It is set 200 years before, it will also come with a more detailed fighting system.
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is currently in Beta, where players will get a taste of things to come in the game.
To read more about this news find it here in: Bannerlord When? We Finally Know Now!
- Bandai Namco have announced a demo will be releasing for the anime souls-like Code Vein for Playstation 4 and Xbox One on September 3rd. This announcement came along with a new trailer. This means you can test out the game before it releases.
- The demo announcement trailer shows off some of the gameplay as well as epic boss battles. It also previews some of the wide character customisation, locations and the companion system which allows you to fight alongside AI.
- There is also a new trailer featuring the boss the Butterfly of Delirium which has two heads and a pair of striking butterfly wings. She can attack from a distance with deadly spores which looks quite wide reaching.
- Code Vein will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 27th, with a demo for consoles available on September 3rd.
To read more about this news find it here in: Code Vein Demo For Xbox One And PS4 On September 3rd.
- A new trailer was shown at Gamescom 2019 for Wasteland 3, featuring its tactical combat and the nuclear winter of Colorado.
- In the latest trailer for upcoming RPG Wasteland 3 called Patriarch of Colorado, we get to see more of the XCOM influenced tactical turn-based combat.
- We also get to see a few of the weapons in action, with plenty of explosions and blood. In Wasteland 3 you can aim at specific body parts with a UI led aiming system.
- Wasteland 3 takes place in the deserts of Arizona in a post-apocalyptic world. You’re led to this region due to the Patriarch of Colorado who needs your help in taking down his own family.
- Wasteland 3 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in spring 2020.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: