Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Celebrating the release of the Mortal Shell DLC The Virtuous Cycle this week, Cold Symmetry have announced it will be free to download for the next five days.
- That’s right, you can download and keep the DLC for free when you download it between August 18th to August 23rd. This means you can gain the new roguelike mode, new playable shell, and new transforming Axatana weapon at no cost.
- Those who wish to take advantage of the promotion for The Virtuous Cycle can do so from August 18th on all platforms which now includes Steam.
- In case you missed it The Virtuous Cycle DLC will add a new playable Shell called Hadern. The fifth shell to join the game, Hadern has a unique skill tree that unlocks a number of new talents, from dagger mastery to the ability to absorb punishment.
- You can check out our Mortal Shell The Virtuous Cycle DLC Hands-On Gameplay Impressions And Overview for more details.
- Mortal Shell and the new DLC The Virtuous Cycle is now available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store and Steam.
For more on this news find it here in Mortal Shell The Virtuous Cycle DLC Free To Download For Five Days.
- Biomutant has sold more than one million copies according to the latest financial report. A financial report which was released by the Embracer Group, the parent company of development studio Experiment 101, has shared the milestone that Biomutant has now surpassed one million copies sold. Even greater news is it managed to break even in just one week from its release.
- Biomutant released on May 25th, a Kung-Fu fable RPG that takes a furry creature across a post-apocalyptic open-world. Players can customise their own furry creature which not only affects their appearance but their attributes as well. The game also offers a plethora of crafting which includes weapons and armor. Be sure to check out our Biomutant Crafting Guide to learn about how to craft the best weapons and armor.
- Biomutant is now available on PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One.
For more on this news find it here in Biomutant Surpasses 1 Million Copies Sold.
- This week developer CD Projekt Red released some new details about the now released Patch 1.3 for Cyberpunk 2077. The patch notes which have been released detail improvements to the minimap, adjusted conversation options for the early story quest to the Clouds club and adding an item that will make respeccing cost less in the long run.
- A free DLC was revealed today during the reveal livestream which is also available alongside the patch, which can be found under “Additional Content” in the Main Menu. The DLC adds two new jackets for V, an alternative appearance for Johnny Silverhand and a new vehicle called the Archer Quartz Bandit, which can be picked up by purchasing it or earned as a reward.
- According to senior quest designer Patrick Mills, “this is the first of our small DLCs” and they will be “releasing more later”.
- These small DLCs are not to be confused with the expansions the developer plans to release according to senior-level designer Miles Tost, which will be similar to what happened with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Free DLC And Patch 1.3 Now Available.
Elder Scrolls Online: The Waking Flame
- The Waking Flame DLC and Update 31 for the Elder Scrolls Online has been delayed to September 8th on consoles. Previously the update was slated for August 31st, but has been pushed back a week for a “more stable build” according the latest official post. The PC, Mac and Stadia version will still be releasing on August 23rd as planned.
- Update 31 is a free update for all ESO players which consists of bug fixes, quality of life and performance improvements. Players will be able to use a reply function for in-game mail. There are also new houses, furnishings and houseguests in the in-game Crown Store. The Waking Flame DLC adds two new dungeons The Dread Cellar and Red Petal Bastion.
- Those who want to try Elder Scrolls Online for free can check out the Free Play event which is currently happening across platforms from now until August 31st. You can access the base game plus Morrowind plus and check out the prologue quest for Blackwood.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Waking Flame DLC will release on PC and Stadia on August 23rd. For those on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 now on September 8th.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online The Waking Flame DLC & Update 31 Delayed To September 8th For Consoles.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus
- The new trailer released during the Pokemon Presents live stream features the Hisui Region for Pokemon Legends: Arceus. The trailer featured some of the environments including rolling hills inhabited by Clefairys, villages, as well as snow covered peaks. It also previewed some of the ways to get around including on foot, bird gliding (yes move over BOTW, bird gliding is a thing), jet skis and using Pokemon as mounts.
- Probably what stole most trainers’ hearts was the Hisuian Growlithe, which is just the fluffiest cloud version you’ve ever seen. Safe to say there are some interesting region variants to capture.
- Pokemon Legends: Arceus release on Switch on January 28th 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Pokemon Legends: Arceus Hisui Region Trailer, Details And Screenshots Released.
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
- Bethesda announced at Quakecon that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition will be releasing on November 11th, for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5.
- The anniversary edition will include 10 years’ worth of content plus some new features. One new addition is a free fishing mechanic. If you already own the Skyrim Special Edition there is an upgrade to the Anniversary Edition but won’t be free.
- Bethesda has announced on the official website that “current and future owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition on any platform including Xbox Game Pass Subscribers will receive access to three free pieces of Creation Club content: Fishing, Survival Mode and even new quests with Saints and Seducers”.
- The Anniversary Edition will include all three expansions, Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn. As well as over 500 unique pieces of Creation Club Content including quests, dungeons, bosses, weapons, spells and more.
- So just to clarify as that’s a lot of info thrown your way:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition will have a payable option to upgrade from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition to Anniversary Edition.
- Free next-gen upgrade to enhanced edition coming in November for PS5 and Xbox Series X
- The Elder Scroll V: Special Edition to gain: new fishing mechanic, new survival mode and new quests with Saints and Seducers which is from the Creation Club content.
For more on this news find it here in Skyrim The 10th Anniversary Edition Announced; PS5 And Xbox Series Upgrades On The Way.
Black Myth: Wukong
- The latest trailer for the upcoming Black Myth: Wukong, the Chinese myth inspired Action-RPG shows off some impressive gameplay that utilises Unreal Engine 5. The details also share that the gameplay is running on an Nvidia RTX card with DLSS enabled.
- The video features both gameplay and cutscenes that are recorded at 4K resolution and 60 FPS in real-time. The just under thirteen-minute video highlights the martial arts move and fantasy of the Chinese based myth of the mischievous Wukong.
- Previously the studio revealed pre-alpha stage footage showing some impressive combat action, mixing some challenging fights with the mythical abilities that Wukong possesses. The title sets to be coming to PC and consoles, but so far has no release date.
For more on this news find it here in Black Myth: WuKong Receives Impressive Trailer Featuring Unreal Engine 5 & DLSS Gameplay.
- Developer and publisher miHoyo have announced that Genshin Impact‘s Version 2.1 update “Floating World Under the Moonlight” will be releasing on September 1st.
- The update will add new content and gameplay to the newly introduced Inazuma area. This will add two more major islands, three new playable characters and a grand finale to the main story. Players will be able to gain a number of rewards through seasonal events to celebrate Genshin Impact’s first anniversary, as well as receive the first crossover character Aloy for free.
- A new update means new playable characters. The developer unveiled Raiden Shogun, Sangonomiya Kokomi, and Kujou Sara as upcoming characters. Story Quests for Raiden Shogun and Kokomi will also be available.
- Update 2.1 will also be adding a new mechanic fishing. Fishing will gain players fish to produce fish meat or these can be exchanged for new fishing rods from the Fishing Association. With the Pool of Sapphire Grace, a new furnishing added to the Serenitea Pot system, players can also raise Ornamental Fish in their personal realm.
- Also joining September 1st is the cross-save function which will allow players on Playstation, PC and mobile to continue their adventures.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact Version 2.1 Releases September 1st.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: