Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter Rise
- Capcom have announced the next collaboration for Monster Hunter Rise will be with The Sun Goddess Ameterasu from Okami.
- Players can gain the “Ammy Costume” a Layered Armor set for their Palamute which arrived on July 30th this week.
- There are more collaborations to come in August as well as collaborations four and five coming sometime in autumn which have yet to be revealed. Previously Capcom revealed their roadmap for Monster Hunter Rise, which included the first collab content coming from Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin which released in July.
- Also don’t miss out on the special Palamute a favourite from the Monster Hunter Rise dev team, who have now added it to the game. The Palamute Wanogre is available to join your party once you speak with Senri the Mailman in Kamura Village.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise Next Collaboration With Okami.
Baldo: The Guardian Owls
- Developer Naps Team have announced they will be releasing their Action-RPG adventure title Baldo: The Guardian Owls which will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC via Steam, and Apple Arcade on August 27th. Along with the news a new trailer was released.
- The title takes a Studio Ghibli-esque art style, set to have “challenging puzzles to solve” as well as “intricate dungeons to explore”. Players will take on the role of Baldo, as they explore a captivating open-world, meeting along the way “quirky and unforgettable characters”.
For more on this news find it here in Baldo: The Guardian Owls To Launch On August 27th For PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, And Apple Arcade.
- Publisher Playstack and developer Cold Symmetry have announced the Mortal Shell DLC The Virtuous Cycle will release this August 18th. This will add a roguelike mode allowing players to choose from combat disciplines from upgrade pillars found across Fallgrim and beyond.
- The DLC will also add a new playable Shell called Hadern. The fifth shell to join the game, Hadern has a unique skill tree that unlocks a number of new talents, from dagger mastery to the ability to absorb punishment. Mortal Shell will also be releasing on Steam on August 18th.
- There is also a new transforming Weapon called The Axatana. This weapon can switch between heavy axe to dual katanas, offering unique movesets for both stances.
- If you need some help navigating the challenging Action-RPG, be sure to drop by our Mortal Shell wiki for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in Mortal Shell DLC The Virtuous Cycle Launches August 18th; Coming To Steam Same Day.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- The next major expansion for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has been announced by Ubisoft which will be releasing on August 12th. It will add a new large story-driven adventure set in Francia. It sets to bring new river raids maps, new Weapons, Abilities, Armor, and Skills.
- In order to prepare for the release of the next DLC, players can take part in the current Sigrblot free update which launched this week.
- If you can’t get enough of The Siege of Paris then don’t miss out on the music album which includes the complete soundtrack which is now available.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla The Siege Of Paris Expansion Releases Early August.
- Platinum Games this week announced dates for the Babylon’s Fall closed beta test. The test took place on July 29th for Japan, with the NA server test on August 5th and EU on August 12th.
- According to the community website Hanging Garden, Babylon’s Fall Phase 1 Closed Beta will be testing on three servers, Japan, NA and EU servers. The goal for Phase 1 is to test the technical aspects of the game. According to the latest post, they plan to unlock additional content with each phase.
- Later on this week the developers had released a post on their official Twitter account which shared that Closed Beta invites had gone out to selected participants for Phase 1. So if you’ve applied to take part make sure you check your email to see if you were chosen.
- According to the post on the official community website, those who take part will not be able to share any information of content from the Closed Beta Test on social media for the current phase.
- Babylon’s Fall is in development for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC (Steam). A release date has yet to be announced.
For more on this news find it here in Babylon’s Fall Closed Beta Dates Announced and Babylon’s Fall Developer Announces Closed Beta Participants Chosen.
- Developer Pearl Abyss has released a message via their official Twitter account sharing they have now delayed Crimson Desert without a new release date. The message shared on Twitter explains that while they are working on Crimson Desert they have ultimately decided to delay the release of the game to better suit the “health and safety” of their team. The time will be spent making the game “even deeper, more enriching”.
- While it’s sad to hear, the developer does promise to share an updated schedule in future and hopes to ensure “the best possible experience”.
- Crimson Desert was first announced back in November of 2019, as one of the three games under Pearl Abyss. The title was originally supposed to be a spin-off of the MMORPG Black Desert Online but the concept changed to an open world Action-RPG.
- The game became an independent project set in the fictional continent of Pywel. Players take on the role of mercenaries who have to survive the unforgiving environment. Crimson Desert is set to feature both single-player and multiplayer content.
For more on this news find it here in Crimson Desert Has Been Delayed To Unspecified Release Date.
- A rumour this week shares that in a recent report from Giant Freakin Robot, Netflix has plans to make Bioware’s Dragon Game franchise into a series adaptation. The streaming service is said to be working on adapting the fantasy title into a series but has not been officially announced as of yet.
- The source for this news comes from a supposed “trusted and proven” source but little else is known about the adaptation at the moment. Whether Netflix will opt for an animated series as it has done in the past for the likes of Castlevania and Dragon’s Dogma, or going with live-action like the popular The Witcher series.
- Bioware’s Action-RPG game series revolves around the fictional continent of Thedas, featuring a crew of characters in the fantasy world.
- What do you think about this rumour? Would you want to see a live-action series like The Witcher? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Dragon Age Netflix Series In Development.
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
- Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous developer Owlcat Games has released new details about downloadable content for the upcoming game. The developer will release two story DLCs and a roguelike mode DLC which will be included in the Season Pass.
- The initial DLC will focus on new adventures that players can embark upon after the victory over the Worldwound, leaving Golarion behind. The DLC will use “mythic powers to defend the space-time continuum against imminent collapse”.
- The second DLC will feature a brand-new story that takes place during the main campaign. Together with the other survivors, players will reach the last foothold of the crusader forces. Using scarce resources and your own skills to survive.
- The third DLC will bring a new roguelike mode with partial integration into the main campaign, offering “limitless replayability” according to the press release.
- A fourth dev diary video was released this week which goes into detail about what’s gone into the graphics upgrades for the game. This includes better textures, more realistic 3D models, darker and more serious art-style.
- Preorders are now available with the Season Pass available for $19.99. The game will cost $49.99. There is a Mythic Edition which includes both base game and Seasons Pass plus bonus goodies with the Commander Edition. Don’t miss out on pre-order bonuses such as animal companion skins, in-game items and Owlcat in-game pet.
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will be released on September 2nd on PC. PlayStation and Xbox versions will land before the end of 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous Dev Diary Reveals Upgraded Graphics; DLC Plan Details Include Roguelike Mode.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: