Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- CMON Games are bringing the Bloodborne game into physical form as a board game which will be designed by Eric M. Lang and Michael Shinall. It will be through a Kickstarter project launching next year that will be their process of bringing it to fruition. They have also produced a previous Bloodborne title in the form of a card game, but the board game sets out to be quite different from it’s predecessor.
- In an interview at Gen Con between Eric M. Lang the game designer and CMON Games, we gain more insight into what to expect from this upcoming board game. Lang explains that the game will follow the lore of Bloodborne, delving into the existing covenants but offering a new experience to Bloodborne fans. However, Lang assures you don’t need to be a Bloodborne fan in order to enjoy the board game, it will offer hours of gameplay, adventure and a challenge.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Bloodborne: The Board Game Coming To Kickstarter 2019.
- It was last month when Square Enix released the Nintendo Switch exclusive JRPG Octopath Traveler. Combining a mix of retro nostalgia with modern elements, Square Enix have seemed to have achieved a winning combination as they reach 1 million copies in sales and shipments.
- The turned-based RPG was exclusively released by Square Enix for the Nintendo Switch platform, designed to played both in handheld and docked mode. The game received two demo versions before it’s launch allowing players to give feedback to help shape the game further.
- Octopath Traveler is available on Nintendo Switch, you can also test out the prologue demo which let’s you try out eight different characters.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Octopath Traveler Reaches 1 Million Copies Sold.
- Bethesda have recently updated their FAQ page on the official Fallout 76 website giving a little more information about what the B.E.T.A. will entail. The last question on the page is about progression transfer between the B.E.T.A. and the official released version. Bethesda explain that the B.E.T.A. will include the “full game” and any progress saved while participating in it will transfer to the launched version.
- We also got confirmation that Fallout 76 will not be joining Steam on launch day. In response to PC Gamer, Bethesda explain that: “the PC version of Fallout 76, for both the B.E.T.A. and the launch, will be available only via Bethesda.net, not on Steam.”
- Fallout 76 will release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 14th, 2018 while B.E.T.A will launch in October 2018. Pre-orders are already available via Amazon, those who pre-order will have access to the B.E.T.A..
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Fallout 76 Will Not Be Coming To Steam At Launch and Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. Will Contain The Full Game And Progress Will Carry Over.
The World Ends With You
- Nintendo announced the “Final Remix” version of the game The World Ends With You from Square Enix. The game uses Shibuya-inspired themes and stylish colourful characters.
- The combat system has it’s own unique spin on the action-RPG combat genre, adding rhythm to the game mechanics in a Dance Dance Revolution kind of way. Players can play using Joy-Cons or by using touch screen in order to catch the right beats. The title adds remixed versions of the music and two player co-op mode means you can play with a friend like in the original The World Ends With You.
- The game was first released on Nintendo DS more than a decade ago. It features character teen hero Neku, teaming up with his friends to save the world from destruction with the time constraint of seven days to do it in.
- The World Ends With You: Final Remix will be coming to Nintendo Switch on October 12th.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in The World Ends With You Comes To Switch In October.
- While it wasn’t long ago that we found out that Blizzard has been working on a Diablo project through a job listing, we get further news this week confirming further development.
- Blizzard shared a new video that discusses the future of the Diablo series, the associate community manager Brandy Camel shares a little about what is in store for the action-RPG.
- What’s interesting to take away from this video is that “multiple projects” are being developed as well as ” some of them are going to take longer than others”. But Diablo fans will have to wait a little longer as Blizzard won’t be ready to have things to show until the end of the year.
- BlizzCon 2018 will be coming up later this year in November, Blizzard may be waiting to spill the beans at their own conference.
- The Diablo series most recent action-RPG release is Diablo III which originally launched back in 2012 and is currently available to play on PC, Mac, PS4 and Xbox One.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Blizzard Reveals Multiple Diablo Projects In Progress.
God of War
- Sony finally reveal the release of New Game+ which will be making it’s way to God of War on August 20th. This will be a part of a free update which will be available to those who have finished the story of the game. The mode allows players to go through the game once again in all of their gear and gained upgrades.
- What the update will include will be new armor sets, new resource called ‘Skap Slag’ to upgrade gear, more difficult enemies and the ability to skip cinematics if players so wish. There will also be a surprise in store, as Santa Monica Studios puts it they still have a “trick up their sleeves”.
- God of War was released earlier this year in April on Playstation 4 and has been one of the fastest selling Playstation exclusives of all time.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in God Of War’s New Game+ Mode Arrives On August 20th 2018.
Divinity: Original Sin 2
- Larian Studios’ Divinity: Original Sin 2 releases their First Act for Playstation 4 this week. Meaning those who wish to start playing early on PS4 for Divinity: Original Sin 2 can enjoy the first 20-30 hours of content in the game’s first Act with their pre-order.
- After the game gets it’s official release on August 31st, you can carry on where you left off. Those who are on Xbox One will have already had access to the first act through Xbox Game Preview.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the sequel to the highly acclaimed RPG hit from 2014 of the same name. It’s systemic sandbox style, two player online or split screen mode offers players a chance to team up with friends which is unique for an RPG. Offering a range of new content, players now have the chance to play as humans, elves, dwarves, lizardmen, and even undead versions of these races.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 is available to play currently on PC, with the Definitive Edition launching on August 31st for Xbox One and PS4.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Divinity: Original Sin 2 First Act Available To Play On Playstation 4.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Rockstar Games show their upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2 in all it’s glory with new 4K gameplay trailer captured straight from the Playstation 4 Pro.
- Not only sharing more of the features of Red Dead Redemption 2 but the gameplay in 4K. The footage was captured on the Playstation 4 Pro and will be available with HDR support on Xbox One X. No specifics have been given in terms of the rendering method for the 4K visuals, but Rockstar games share it’s “from in-game footage on Playstation 4 Pro”.
- The trailer shares the developer’s intent of the world that Red Dead Redemption 2 is based in, an open-world that brings high level of detail and interactivity. Combining gameplay and story in new ways, sharing new perspectives when it comes to characters.
- The video also explains the different interactions players will experience in game, whether it be a violent encounter used to gain valuable information from a witness or simply tipping your hat at a fellow rider. Your choices will hold consequences which can result in making enemies.
- It’s not only other people in the Wild West that players will need to look out for. The natural environment inhabits many different animals, some that can be hunted or those that may hunt you.
- Weapons focus on a sense of realism, giving the player the full Wild West experience with “realistic reload and recoil”.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 releases October 26th on Playstation 4 and Xbox One, and is available for pre-order now.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Red Dead Redemption 2 New 4K Gameplay Footage Captured on PS4 Pro.
Monster Hunter World
- MHW has become Steam’s biggest release of the year with the number of concurrent players. As the game was released on the platform, it reached it’s peak on day 1 with 239,779 players (according to SteamCharts) reaching the top 10 most-concurrently played game in Steam’s history.
- This is the biggest PC release for Capcom in the history of its games, even surpassing Dark Souls 3 in terms of the size of it’s launch for a Japanese publisher which had 129,831 concurrent players in March 2016. It just goes to show that MHW has still held fans’ interest even seven months after it’s console release.
- Monster Hunter World is now playable on PS4, Xbox One with the latest platform PC via Steam.
If you want to read more about this news find it here in Monster Hunter World Releases On PC Breaking Steam Records For Biggest Japanese Launch.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: