Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
- Earlier this week Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord released on Steam early access actually a day earlier than originally scheduled.
- According to TaleWorlds’ latest press release, their development team have been working hard to keep everything on schedule and despite the current circumstances, have been able to deliver Bannerlord Early Access one day early.
- There is also a 10% discount for those who purchase the title within the first 2 weeks of release. Those who already have purchased any previous Mount & Blade games, will also be eligible to gaining an additional 10% off on select digital stores.
- Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord combines action, RPG and strategy in a world where players create their own adventure in the continent of Calradia. Experience one-on-one action combat, to hone your fighting skills or even organise battalions in a full medieval battlefield experience.
- If you’re diving into the medieval title be sure to check out our upcoming guides on Youtube and on our Bannerlord wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Early Access Launches One Day Early.
Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls Online is celebrating its 6 year anniversary. Along with this milestone comes a few exciting happenings including, an anniversary event, free play event for new players, discounts and the addition of the Greymoor Prologue quest.
- Can’t wait until the next expansion Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor to drop? Neither can we! So here’s some good news for ESO players, the free Greymoor Prologue quest is now available. This will give all who take part, a quick taste of what’s to come in the Greymoor chapter, all about the Dark Heart of Skyrim which is launching May.
- If you’ve been wanting to dive into ESO but never played before, now you can try out the Elder Scrolls Online for free with the Free Play Event, taking place from now until April 13th on all platforms.
- This Free Play event also coincides with the 6 year anniversary event which offers cake and a 100% XP buff for two hours each day.
- You can also get some pretty good deals with up to 60% off on The Elder Scrolls Standard Edition and up to 70% off on the Elsweyr Edition.
- In case you missed it be sure to check out our Greymoor Preview & Changes video/article to find out about all the new additions.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor Prologue And Free Play Event and Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor Prologue And Free Play Event.
- NieR Replicant originally released in Japan on PS3 almost a decade ago, and it seems the NieR 10th year anniversary of the franchise was a good a time as any to reveal that a remaster is underway. The Action-RPG will be coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam. The developer has also released a teaser trailer.
- The remaster is being developed by Toylogic alongside Square Enix as well as NieR series developer Platinum Games. As for what this remaster holds for Replicant, according to pcgamer, Square Enix producer Yusuke Saito describes it as a “version up” opposed to a remake or remaster.
- The new version is set to include fully voiced lines, new content, new music compositions by the original composer Keiichi Okabe and the possibility of a new ending.
- But that’s not all for NieR news, NieR Automata the Become As Gods Edition which includes all DLC content, has joined Xbox Game Pass for Xbox One this week.
- NieR Replicant remaster will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam no release date has been announced as of yet. In the meantime if you’re picking up NieR Automata be sure to check out our wiki.
For more on this news find it here in NieR Replicant Remaster Announced For PS4, Xbox One And PC.
The Outer Worlds
- Earlier this year in February, publisher Private Division announced that the Nintendo Switch version of The Outer Worlds would be delayed due to the Coronavirus situation, which has affected many in the gaming industry, including the Virtuos team who are responsible for the port.
- This caused a delay with the original release date being March 6th. But now they have announced that the Switch version will be launching on June 5th and will be priced at $59.99 for both physical and digital versions.
- If you’re wondering whether to pick up The Outer Worlds on Switch this June, be sure to check out our review on PS4 to find out what we thought. You can also drop by our The Outer Worlds wiki for all the latest info.
- The Outer Worlds will release on the Nintendo Switch on June 5th. It is currently available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
For more on this news find it here in The Outer Worlds For Switch Release This June.
- The studio head of inXile Brian Fargo made an announcement today on the Wasteland Twitter account, that the launch date for the third installment of the franchise will now be August 28th 2020. The reason for the delay of the tactical turn-based RPG Wasteland 3 is due to the current situation which has caused their team to work from home, which now has posed some challenges.
- Previously the Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty had shared that Microsoft’s first-party developers were experiencing challenges to keep with development schedules due to the Coronovirus. Wasteland 3 is under a collaboration between Deep Silver and Microsoft, and might not be the only title to be facing delays.
- Wasteland 3 will now release on Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, PC and Playstation 4 on August 28th. If you want have a peek at the game be sure to check out our Wasteland 3 Preview: Rocky Mountain High Caliber.
For more on this news find it here in Wasteland 3 Delayed Until August 2020.
- Gato Studio the developer behind upcoming Celtic mythology inspired time travelling RPG The Waylanders, has announced the title will be coming to Steam Early Access in summer 2020. It takes its inspiration from titles such as Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Pillars of Eternity as well as Baldur’s Gate. So if you are a fan of these kind of games, this could be up your alley.
- The game has a number of companions that can assist you in your party, as you travel between both Celtic and Medieval time periods. The Waylanders sets to bring a multitude of choice for players when to comes to playstyle, as there are 6 basic classes and 30 advanced classes to sink your teeth into.
- Gato has 9 characters to introduce, each with their own back story, personalities and unique look.
For more on this news find it here in The Waylanders Is Coming To Steam Early Access This Year.
- E3 2020 earlier last month was announced to not be going ahead due to the current situation, most likely heading into a digital format this year instead. Bethesda have announced that they won’t be hosting a digital showcase at E3 this year.
- Companies such as Ubisoft and Microsoft have already announced they will be holding press conferences digitally, but this will not be the case for Bethesda.
- In a tweet, Pete Hines senior vice president of global marketing and comms at Bethesda explained they were not planning to take part in a digital showcase in June. However, they will be sharing news about their upcoming games “in the coming months”.
- So while we won’t be seeing a showcase on the highly anticipated new sci-fi IP Starfield and the next entry in the franchise Elder Scrolls VI, we still can hope to see some news this year hopefully for these two games.
For more on this news find it here in Bethesda Won’t Be Hosting A Digital E3 Showcase In 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Bethesda Won’t Be Hosting A Digital E3 Showcase In 2020.
- Developer Cold Symmetry and publisher Playstack have unveiled a new souls-like game today called Mortal Shell. The trailer shows off some of the dark and hellish creatures found in the shattered world.
- Players will become one of the lost warriors that they awaken, taking their Mortal Shells, obtaining not just their bodies, but also their understanding of combat techniques.
- Along this journey you will encounter a number of brutal creatures, horrifying figures that are hell bent on destroying you, with the aim of harvesting their sacred glands.
- According to the Steam page, the title sets to be a single player and will be releasing on consoles as well.
- Mortal Shell will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC, scheduled to release in Q3 2020.
For more on this news find it here in Mortal Shell Action-RPG Unveiled.
- Mojang the developer behind the upcoming dungeon crawler RPG Minecraft Dungeons has announced it will now be released on May 26th for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Previously they had announced that the title may be delayed from its original April launch, and now confirm a new launch date.
- This is the first stand-alone game developed by Mojang set in the Minecraft universe since the initial game. Expect RPG elements with questing against the villainous Arch-Illager and plenty of treasure to discover. Take on the cubed world in single player mode or with friends, with up to four in a group.
For more on this news find it here in Minecraft Dungeons Delayed Until May 26th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: