Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The Korean developer Ocean Drive Studio announced earlier this week the single-player, turn-based tactical RPG Lost Eidolons, is coming to consoles and PC. It will go into Early Access for PC later in 2021. Threat not consoles players, as an article by Gematsu shared the developer is looking to release the title not just on Xbox but also for Playstation and Switch as well.
- So far the game has been confirmed to support English and Korean, but other languages are to be determined. The trailer debuted during the twitchgaming id@Xbox Showcase 2021 stream.
- Lost Eidolons follows the story of Eden, a reputable mercenary in the fantasy world of Artmesia. There’s a plot to overthrow the Emperor, and Eden will be plagued with “moral dilemmas” and “emotional betrayal”. It all sounds very ominous but also pretty intriguing.
- The game uses both tactical turn-based grid combat and an out-game unit management system, to outwit and hopefully prevail in the revolution. What’s interesting about the trailer is you can see both the turn-based battles, but also some real-time gameplay.
- Lost Eidolons will be releasing on PC via Early Access in 2021, The full launch will come to PC and consoles.
For more on this news find it here in Lost Eidolons A Turn-Based Tactical RPG Announced For Consoles And PC.
Monster Hunter Rise
- It’s not been long since Monster Hunter Rise launched on the Switch, however Capcom already has plans for the first major post-launch update to be arriving this April. Version 2.0 will be released toward the end of April, bringing with it new monsters, an unlocked HR cap and much more.
- On the official Monster Hunter Rise website, the Free Title Update is described to add new monsters to the roster including the Chameleos, a mist type Elder Dragon. Chameleos will just be one of the “several” additional monsters coming in the Version 2.0 update, another will be the Apex Rathalos which was revealed in the launch trailer.
- Capcom have also announced that they will be unlocking the Hunter Rank cap which currently maxes out at HR7. There are also more “related features” coming which are currently unknown.
- But there’s more reasons to celebrate Monster Hunter fans, Capcom announced that the Rise topped 4 million in shipments and digital sales, that’s a monster number of units. The Action-RPG came to Switch on March 26th worldwide and has plans for a PC release in early 2022.
- If you’re currently hunting your way through Monster Hunter Rise be sure to check out our latest Monster Hunter Rise videos. Want to know what we thought of the game? Check out our Monster Hunter Rise review.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise’s First Major Post-Launch Update Adding New Monsters This April and Monster Hunter Rise Shipments And Digital Sales Top 4 Million.
- CD Projekt Red this week also launched patch version 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077. This update added hundreds of changes to the game, and was aimed at fixing “most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles” according to the developer. It’s no secret the launch of the game was more than bumpy, especially for last-gen consoles which needed some major improvements performance-wise, with Sony going as far as to remove the game from the Playstation Store online due to numerous refund requests.
- Whether this update will lead to the reinstatement of the game on the PS Store for last-gen is another factor. So far CD Projekt Red have not given word on when exactly the game will return to the store. The Microsoft store still offers the game, but a disclaimer for Xbox One is still on the game’s listing.
- In an investor call, CD Projekt Red have shared they believe they are getting closer to returning the game to the PSN store, but ultimately the decision will be up to Sony.
- Have you recently jumped back into Cyberpunk 2077? What’s your experience after the latest update? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2 Introduces Hundreds Of Changes and Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Closer To Returning To Playstation Store Says CD Projekt Red.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Some good news for next-gen Witcher 3 players, CD Projekt Red have announced that an upgraded version will be coming PS5, Xbox Series X and PC. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition will be coming to these platforms in the second half of 2021. Those who already own the last-gen version of the Witcher 3 on PS4, Xbox One and PC will gain a free update.
- Previously the next-generation editions were announced back in September last year, described to have “a range of visual and technical improvements—including ray tracing and faster loading times—across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content” according to the developer.
If you’re diving into the Witcher 3 and need some help, be sure to drop by The Witcher 3 wiki.
- The latest trailer for Dark Alliance features some of the boss battle gameplay against the Hagedorn, a floating ball-like creature with multiple eyes, that gains its powers from magic crystals. These powers make them quite terrifying, more so than other Beholders. This latest trailer shows taste of the menacing enemies players will face. In an article by IGN, Lead Game Designer at Tuque Games, Kevin Neibert shared that they took inspiration from “one of the most iconic D&D creatures” known as The Beholder.
- But with their version, gave it their own creative twist. The D&D tabletop version of The Beholder has a number of eyes that each have their own magical ability. Due to technical limitations, in Dark Alliance the single largest eye will possess the boss’ powers.
- Dark Alliance will release on June 22nd 2021, on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC. In the meantime head to our Dark Alliance wiki for all the latest.
For more on this news find it here in Dark Alliance Latest Trailer Features Hagedorn Boss Battle.
- The free-to-play online Action-RPG Genshin Impact will be getting a native Playstation 5 version this year. The upgraded open-world exploration experience will feature 4K resolution, enhanced in-game textures and faster loading. Currently those who play Genshin Impact on Playstation 5, are playing the PS4 version via backwards compatibility.
- As for when the PS5 version will release is still unknown but the press release says “soon”. Those existing players on Playstation 4 will be able to continue their adventure on Playstation 5 for a next-gen experience.
- As for news for other platforms, there’s no official word on when Genshin Impact will come to Switch. It was previously announced the game would be coming to the hybrid device but no such news as of yet.
- Genshin Impact released on PS4, PC, Android and iOS on September 28th last year.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact Will Release A Native PS5 Version This Year.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Great news MMO players, the Elder Scrolls Online now has free play event which will run until April 13th on all platforms. To celebrate ESO’s 7th birthday, you can download the base game for free, and experience what the MMORPG has to offer.
- Those who take part in the free play event will have access to The Elder Scrolls Online base game and Morrowind chapter. But that’s not all, the recently launched Blackwood prologue quest is also playable for free, this introduces the upcoming expansion which launches this June. All progress carries over if you decide to buy the game, which is now 60% off.
- This week the developers also had a live stream preview of the next expansion Blackwood, which went over some of the exciting features including Companions. If you haven’t heard, Companions will be accompanying you in the next chapter, you can choose their Skills, their Armor and even what they wear. But be careful about those illegal activities like stealing in front of them, as you may rub them the wrong way and affect your relationship with them. The first two Companions will be available by questing in Blackwood. You can pretty much take them anywhere with you with the exception of PVP and solo arenas.
- We’re looking forward to having new adventuring buddies to join us in Tamriel, and it’s pretty awesome you can build them into different roles.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Free To Play Event Lasts 2 Weeks This April 2021.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: