Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Kingdom Hearts 3
- In a Twitter post by the Director Tetsuya Nomura on the official Kingdom Hearts’ account, an announcement was shared with the release date for the free DLC update which will add Critical Mode to Kingdom Hearts 3. The new mode was made available on April 23rd. The mode was revealed earlier this year, set to add further difficulty for those looking for more of a challenge.
- The tweet also revealed that the mode will be different from previous iterations in the franchise. Previous titles have added increased damage dealt by enemies, but it looks like this won’t be the case for KH3. Critical Mode gives players access to quite a few abilities when you start the game as well as “Critical” abilities to help you deal more damage. Sora’s max HP and MP have also been halved in this mode, as well as there are lower frequency of situation commands and magic.
- This is not the only release KH3 will have this year, a story DLC is set to release by the end of 2019 and it will not have a Final Remix version but instead further DLC content.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 is available to play on Playstation 4 and Xbox One with the free DLC Critical Mode which launched on April 23rd.
To read more about this news find it here in Kingdom Hearts 3 Critical Mode Releases On April 23rd.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- The developers FromSoftware have released a new patch for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice which comes with various updates and fixes for the action-adventure game.
- The latest patch 1.03 brings a range of improvements which includes the adjustment efficiency and Spirit Emblem cost for select Prosthetic Tools, Combat Arts as well as certain items. It also reduces the Posture dealt by the first hit from the Combat Arts known as “Senpou Leaping Kicks” and “High Monk” which was due to it creating more damage than it was suppose to in certain situations.
- There are also some fixes which include Posture and Vitality of Blazing Bull which was meant to help in terms of game pacing as well as bring more of a balance when it comes to timing in combat.
- For a full list of updates in Patch 1.03 you can read the details on our wiki patch notes page for all the latest updates.
To read more about this news find it here in Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Patch 1.03 Update.
- Making some changes to the lineup at E3 this year, Square Enix has shared their press conference slot which will be on June 10th at 6pm PT, which traditionally has been held by Sony in the past. As Sony forgoes E3 this year, Square Enix will be taking the time slot. This is just a few days after Octopath Traveler launches on PC on June 7th.
- As for what they will be showing this year, hopefully its more on the Final Fantasy 7 remake which has been a little quiet on the details so far. After Tetsuya Nomura finished up with Kingdom Hearts 3, fans have been hoping to see the progress for FF7. Previously the director has shared the possibility of making compilation titles. It was also earlier this month that they announced Naoki Hamaguchi as Co-Director for Final Fantasy VII who was previously project lead.
- Square Enix have also revealed along with the recent release of the Critical Mode for Kingdom Hearts 3, there will be further DLC content which could be outlined further at E3.
- There could be more surprises at this year’s E3 but we’ll have to wait and see what they’ll reveal on June 10th.
To read more about this news find it here in Square Enix Sets Their E3 Press Conference For June 10th.
Bloodborne: The Board Game
- CMON games have launched their Kickstarter for Bloodborne: The Board Game, with the project already exceeding the initial pledge goal. The board game is based on FromSoftware’s dark RPG Bloodborne that originally released in 2015.
- It looks like the project has got well over the needed amount for its fruition which was set at $200,000 as the number has already gone well over $1 million. The estimated delivery for the board game has been stated for May 2020.
- The game sets to bring the title to a table top board game, with figurines, cards depicting the action, hunt track board and tiles to bring it all together. There are also dashboards that will depict your Trick Weapon, hunter status and more. You can play with 1 to 4 players with an average playtime for game of 60 to 90 minutes.
- If you want to back Bloodborne: The Board Game Kickstarter campaignyou can do so for the next 20 days. The campaign ends on May 15th at 9:00AM AWST/May 14th at 6:00PM PT.
To read more about this news find it here in Bloodborne: The Board Game Kickstarter Has Over $1 Million In Pledges Already
Slay the Spire
- The Playstation 4 version of Slay the Spire will be releasing in May and developer MegaCrit have released a new trailer showcasing the card game that mixes in RPG elements.
- The deck builder card game lets players choose from three characters who each have their own card set to battle it out against enemies using strategy. With a range of 250 cards to sought after, there is many ways to replay the game. The devs also add items and events to help change things up, which will effect the way your deck plays.
- Originally Slay the Spire focused on more single-play action, but MegaCrit add some competition aspects by having a Daily Climb. The tower challenges players to a number of particular enemies to best, as they try to make their way to the top of the tower while competing for the best spot with players around the world.
- Slay the Spire is currently available on PC and will be coming to Playstation 4 on May 21st. A Nintendo Switch version is set to launch later this year.
To read more about this news find it here in Slay The Spire Releases Official Trailer Ahead Of PS4 Launch.
Persona 5 Royal
- Altlus have revealed Persona 5 Royal which is a more expanded version of its school based JRPG and it will come to west next year for PS4.
- Atlus have already teased about Persona 5 Royal, releasing a trailer in March featuring a new female character that appears to be playable. But more details of its release have been shared as it will come to PS4 in the west next year.
- During Atlus’ Persona Super Live concert held in Japan, the publisher teased more features for Persona 5’s expanded edition. These will include new areas to explore in Tokyo, new characters, reworked dungeon design with new foes to face, graphical and UI improvements. There will also be new music to enjoy and a new third semester at Shujin Academy.
- Persona 5 has sold 2.7 million units and has now joined Playstation Hits with a permanent price of $19.99.
- Persona 5 Royal sets to release in the west sometime next year and in Japan on October 31st 2019.
To read more about this news find it here in Persona 5’S Royal Edition Will Launch In The West On PS4 Next Year.
Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers
- But that’s not it for Persona news as Atlus have revealed a new title Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers which was announced at the end of day 2 of the Persona Super Live P-Sound Street 2019 concert.
- The title was teased earlier in April as Persona 5 S, now being given its full name Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers. This also sets to be the first action-RPG in the series. The project sets out to be a joint collaboration between Atlus, Koei Tecmo and Omega Force.
- A new trailer shows the Joker defeating masses of enemies. You can also see the elemental weaknesses system which is present in the Persona games. The game also is a brand new story and features a new character which is seen at the end of the trailer.
- There is currently no release date as of yet for Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers but it will release on Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
To read more about this news find it here in Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers Action-RPG Unveiled for PS4 and Switch.
- Bioware has decided to delay the release of its post-launch content for Anthem which includes the anticipated Cataclysm which adds the first four-person raid type activity to the game.
- Bioware are set to release some features as part of their “Act One” of post-launch content. This decision was made as they are trying to make improvements to the games current state.
- This isn’t the only feature that has been postponed, the game it set it gain a mastery system, guilds, new legendary missions, weekly stronghold challenges, leaderboards and further freeplay events. There is no news as of yet when these additions will be implemented into the game.
- According to the roadmap that was released for Act One, only the new Stronghold mission called The Sunken Cell is on schedule as this arrived yesterday. Further updates came with 1.1.0 which include access to the Forge anywhere in the world, ability to launch new expeditions from the expedition menu, and access to contracts without having to go and collect them.
To read more about this news find it here in Bioware Delays Post-Launch Content To Prioritise Game Fixes.
- BlizzCon 2019 will take place on November 1st to 2nd in Anaheim, hosting a range of tournaments for Blizzard games including the Overwatch World Cup.
- Fingers crossed for a Diablo 4 or remastered version of Diablo 2 announcement after the whole mobile game fiasco of last year, fans will hopefully not see a repeat (even though we do have phones). However, they may announce the release date for Diablo Immortal.
- We could also be seeing the first glimpse of the next expansion for World of Warcraft and the release date for Warcraft 3 Reforged, the remastered version of the original which was announced at the last BlizzCon.
- Blizz goers will also be able to get their hands on some collectibles which will be included in the price of the ticket, celebrating 25 years of the original Warcraft game release. Choose either a footman or an orc grunt, alliance or horde.
- Tickets will go on sale in two sessions, starting Saturday May 4th and then on Wednesday May 8th.
To read more about this news find it here in BlizzCon 2019 Dates Announced Along With Collectibles.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows:
read on for the text!