Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Dume Arts have announced their Action-RPG Crumbling World will be launching on May 21st. Those who can’t wait to try out the game can pick up the demo that is now available on Steam and serves as an open beta. Players will get to try out the Knight class while taking on Mathos.
- The title is a dark fantasy RPG set in a decomposing land. Through the five regions, travel through 25 seamless procedurally generated levels as the world falls away beneath your feet. The game allows you to choose your preferred combat class against an onslaught of corrupted enemies as you level and upgrade your abilities.
- Crumbling World has 7 characters choose from with 5 different classes. Take on a variety of enemies that include over 40 types.
- Crumbling World will release on May 21st on PC, you can check out the demo via Steam now.
For more on this news find it here in Crumbling World An ARPG Launches Next Month; Demo Available Now.
Rumour: PS5 & Xbox Series X
- As E3 2020 got cancelled, there were some disruptions to plans and according to a Niko Partners analyst so did the plans for the reveals for both Sony and Microsoft.
- In a tweet Niko Partners analyst Daniel Ahmad explained how some reveals were planned for “much earlier” but will now happen “much later”. According to this tweet the “first proper next-gen console/games showcase” was actually suppose to happen much earlier than what is now planned.
- Adding to the rumour the website VGC claims to support this Tweet, by sharing that the Playstation 5 reveal was recently set for May. Microsoft also had plans for reveals in May, and were to hold an additional E3 digital showcase. It doesn’t specify what kind of reveals Microsoft were to make, whether games, release date of the Xbox Series X or something else.
- Both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are planned for release this holiday season.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: PS5 And Xbox Series X Reveal Plans Moved Due To E3 2020 Cancellation.
Elder Scrolls Online
- You can now get a taste of ESO Plus for the Elder Scrolls Online with a free trial that runs from now until April 27th 10:00AM EDT. This means you can try out any of the DLC game packs for free for a limited time only.
- The latest DLC Harrowstorm is the beginning of the year long adventure into the Dark Heart of Skyrim, adding two of the latest dungeons Icereach and Unhallowed Grave. If you haven’t checked them out, now you can! Icereach introduces the witch coven and Unhallowed Grave has some fun grappling mechanics, not to be missed.
- While ESO Plus isn’t mandatory for players to enjoy the game, it can be super helpful as it comes with a Craft Bag to store all your materials, increased experience, access to all DLCs and more.
- In other ESO news, the PTS for the next expansion Greymoor went up this week, meaning you can check out the addition before it releases this May, including the revamped Vampire skill line that has had a bit of change up. If you’re curious to check out these changes, you find them on our Elder Scrolls Online wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Free ESO Plus Trial All Week.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Square Enix announces the jaw dropping amount of copies shipped in just the first 3 days of the launch of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
- In just the first 3 days of the launch of the highly anticipated Final Fantasy 7 Remake, in both digital and physical copies it shipped 3.5 million.
- This news was shared via the English FF7 Remake Twitter account, which shared an image of the iconic buster sword wielded by main character Cloud.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake retells the story of the original but adds some further scenes, expanding on the original, and also gives combat a bit of a shake up, stepping away from the original turn-based combat system concentrating on action.
- If you’re curious to find out of what we thought of the title be sure to check out next Final Fantasy 7 Remake Review: 30 Going On 13.
For more on this news find it here Final Fantasy 7 Remake Shipped Over 3.5 Million Copies Worldwide In 3 Days.
Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
- The first upcoming downloadable content for Action-RPG Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is arriving on April 28th, called A New Power Awakens – Part 1. This DLC will be part of the game’s Season Pass. The Season Pass includes 2 original episodes and one new story.
- Players will be able to unlock the Super Saiyan God Vegeta and Super Saiyan God Goku transformations to use throughout the main story.
- The news also came with a few screenshots which were shared on the official Bandai Namco US Twitter account.
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot DLC A New Power Awakens Part 1 releases on April 28th exclusively with the season pass which is available for $24.99 on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
For more on this news find it here in Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Gets DLC A New Power Awakens This April.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
- You can now grab the challenging igavania title for 40% off on Steam, now $23.99 until April 27th. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night follows the story of the protagonist Miriam, an orphan who is afflicted by an alchemist’s curse.
- This devastating curse is slowly transforming her skin into crystal. In order to reverse the effects of the curse, she must enter a demon infested castle and locate a summoner named Gebel.
- Experience exploration, crafting, levelling and even upgrading abilities with Shards. Abilities range from shooting arrows to summoning a giant tentacle to strike at your foes. Create weapons from materials you loot or items you dismantle.
- Grab this deal while you can as it will be ending soon.
For more on this news find it here in Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night Now 40% Off On Steam.
- Digimon Survive the SRPG was suppose to release sometime in 2020, but now its release date has changed to “unspecified” according to the latest Famitsu magazine. It turns out that this was a typo and the game is still on track according to Gematsu.
- In the Weekly Famitsu Magazine for the May 7th 2020 issue, which released in Japan on April 23rd, it showcases a list of upcoming announced games, with their release info. In that list is the upcoming Digimon Survive which had an unspecified release date, but turns out this a mistake.
- Bandai Namco have confirmed that Digimon Survive is still on track for 2020.
- Digimon Survive plans to release in 2020. Outside Japan, the game will launch on PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.
For more on this news find it here in Digimon Survive Still On Track For 2020.
- Perfect World Entertainment and Echtra Games have shared a closer look at the new fort system which is coming with Torchlight III.
- In Torchlight 3, players will have access to forts, a place where they can build and customise their very own fortress. Here you can leave your mark, personalising it with treasure that have been crafted by your own hand or earned in combat.
- Forts are also a place to meet up with friends, progress your characters and swap out skills as well as armor sets. Fortresses have also been announced by Echtra to be account-wide, meaning you won’t have to have a separate one for each character.
- Torchlight 3 is set to launch sometime on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2020 with a beta along the way as well.
For more on this news find it here in Torchlight III Developer Shares A Closer Look At The New Forts System.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
- Capcom has released the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Title Update Version 13.50 this week which is now available for PS4, Xbox One and PC. This includes the addition of monsters Master Rank Kulve Taroth and Arch-tempered Namielle.
- Both of these are added as part of the Event Quests for a limited time only, The Eternal Gold Rush for Kulve Taroth which is available now and The Distant Dark Tide for Arch-Tempered Namielle starting May 1st.
- System updates also include an increased number of weapons that can use layered weapon feature, increased bases/parts for layered weapons, new pendants and more.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: