Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
- The next expansion for World of Warcraft was officially unveiled during Blizzard’s announcement live stream which was held this week. Dragonflight was confirmed to be the next adventure for WoW players which sets to revolve around…yes you’ve guessed it dragons.
- The expansion sets to feature a brand new class/race combination called the Dracthyr Evoker, a new flying system called Dragonriding, a revamped talent system and the ability to advance all reputations simultaneously.
- The livestream also previewed new regions in Dragon Isles. A new mechanic coming to WoW will be the ability to ride dragons in a sort of “train your own dragon” feature. How is this different from flying mounts? The gameplay previewed a dragon barrel rolling, and deep-diving which is different from current flying in the MMO. The ability to ride dragons adds special moves, a special skill tree and the option to customise your Drakes appearance by taking on additional challenges.
- There was no release date announcement for the Dragonflight expansion as of yet.
For more on this news find it here in World Of Warcraft: Dragonflight Expansion Revealed; Will Add Dragonriding, New Class And More.
Crusader Kings 3
- Paradox Interactive has announced a new DLC for Crusader Kings 3 called Fate of Iberia which is releasing on May 31st.
- The new DLC Fate of Iberia will add some new features to the strategy game Crusader Kings III including a new Struggle system that entails historic conflict and is fully moddable as well as customisable. The DLC dubbed as a ‘flavor pack’ also comes with new content with two new Legacy tracks Urbane and Coterie, new Cultural Traditions, events, art, music and the opportunity to choose the path of the Fate of Iberia.
- Also coming to the game is a free update which will release alongside Fate of Iberia, adding a new faction type called Heads of Faith. Expect different religions, vassal contracts for clans and a new starting bookmark to highlight the Iberian characters.
- Crusader Kings III: Fate of Iberia releases on May 31st on PC for $6.99.
For more on this news find it here in Crusader Kings 3 Fate Of Iberia DLC Releases May 31st.
- The free to play MMOARPG Lost Ark received its April content update which included introducing a new class the Glaivier or also known as the Lancemaster before it was officially named. The Glaivier has two unique skill sets that take advantage of her spear and glaive weapons. She is also one of the five advanced classes of the Martial Artist.
- Also introduced was the region of South Vern. The Heroes of Arkesia will be able to follow through with the warnings and demon invasions started in the Kadan storyline.
- Fans of Competitive PVP will also get a couple of new game modes. There will be Capture Match, Defense Match, and a New Team Deathmatch. Capture Match will have you and your team try and obtain an Elysium Shard.
- If you want details on all the April and May updates be sure to check them out on Fextralife. You can also take a look at our Lost Ark Glaivier Class Guide and for everything else head to our Lost Ark wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Lost Ark And The Battle For The Throne Of Chaos Trailer Showcases April Content Update.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Nintendo together with developer Monolith Soft has released a new trailer for the JRPG Xenoblades Chronicles 3 which announces the release date for July 29th 2022. This moves the launch a couple of months from its original September release window which was announced during the Nintendo Direct showcase back in February.
- The latest trailer shows Xenoblade Chronicles 3 gameplay, including new details have been released about battles with up to seven characters at once. That’s quite the group of characters to party up with.
- In this entry, the game will follow main characters Noah and Mio as they travel between the turbulent nations of Keves and Agnus. Joining Noah will be a party of six characters from both of these nations which include Lanz, Sena, Eunie, and Taion. Setting out together, they are on the path to uncover the truth behind the conflict as well as reach Swordsmarch.
- A Special Edition of the game has been unveiled by Nintendo and will be exclusive to the My Nintendo Store.
For more on this news find it here in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Release Date Gets Moved Up To July 2022.
- Digimon Survive, the latest entry to the beloved virtual pet franchise has confirmed its release date to be July 29, 2022.
- Part visual novel, part turn-based RPG Digimon Survive finally has a release date! The title was initially intended to launch worldwide back in 2019 but got delayed to 2022.
- Producer Kazumasa Habu confirms the worldwide release will be on July 29, 2022. This will actually be quite a busy day for JRPG fans, as Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will also be released on the same day.
- Of course, it wouldn’t be a Digimon game if you couldn’t collect, train, and do battle with these majestic monsters. Digimon Survive will feature about 113 Digimon to tame and train. The roster will be a mix of old and new Digimon.
- Digimon Survive will be split into a few distinct gameplay modes, according to Habu. The game will primarily be a visual novel and will take up about 70% of the total playtime. Turn-based combat will make up roughly 30% of the game.
For more on this news find it here in Digimon Survive Worldwide Release Date Confirmed For July 29, 2022.
- After 10 years, the long-running MMORPG Tera will be closing its servers for good this June. The developer Bluehole made an announcement through their publisher Gameforge that they would be discontinuing the development of the game and after a decade will finally shut down servers on June 30th at 4 AM ET/1 AM PT. Gameforge has announced that they will be running permanent events for the game’s last hurrah.
- On May 31 new account registrations for Tera will be closed and the ability to purchase Tera Thalers will also be discontinued.
- Tera was first introduced to the west in 2012, as a fantasy MMORPG that provided action-packed combat with both solo and multiplayer content. Dubbed as a “True Action Combat” system, players can aim, dodge and cast spells with 13 different classes to choose from, taking down BAMs or Big Ass Monsters.
- Will you be dropping into Tera before the servers close? Let us know in the comments below about your favourite Tera memories and what you will be playing next.
For more news find it here in Tera MMORPG Sets To Shut Its Servers This June.
Achilles Legends Untold
- Action-RPG Achilles: Legends Untold will be entering Early Access on May 12th and gets a new trailer featuring its isometric combat.
- Earlier this year we caught up with developer Dark Point Games to ask a few questions about Achilles in an interview, where they shared their inspirations behind the game as well what players will face with its unique GAIA system, which provides challenging enemies that will even synchronise attacks from groups of two or more enemies.
- Taking on the role of Achilles, players will journey throughout Greece, facing mythological enemies and experiencing the lands of Tartarus. The game is a top-down isometric Action-RPG. While based on Achilles, the game will have its own storylines loosely based on the classics. Players can hop into co-op gameplay if they prefer to team up with friends.
- Achilles: Legends Untold will go into Early Access on May 12th available on Steam for $19.99 USD.
For more news find it here in Achilles: Legends Untold Early Access Launches On May 12th.
- Developer People Can Fly have announced the paid expansion Outriders: Worldslayer will be releasing on June 30th, adding new Apocalypse Tiers, PAX Class Trees, endgame content and more.
- Outriders players will all be able to access the first 15 Apocalypse tier, however the tiers 25 to 40 will be exclusive to those who own the Worldslayer expansion. High tiers mean higher rewards, gaining higher level gear all the way up to 75 plus gaining Apocalyse items.
- Items dropped in Worldslayer will also hold a chance to drop an Apocalypse item which has a third mod slot, set to enhance player’s skills and give more combinations to choose from.
- PAX class trees are new skill trees available to players to use their special skill points that come with the new expansion. Skill Trees gives further bonuses to classes, making for more options to tailor builds or even specialise in.
- Outriders will have post-max level options to improve stats through the Ascension system and sets to be a long-term system according to People Can Fly.
- For those who are getting in Outriders for the first time, Worldslayer offers a catch-up option with a level 30 boost which can be used as many times as players want and can even boost other classes to get to endgame levels.
- Outriders is currently available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Steam, and Stadia. Worldslayer will be releasing on June 30th. Drop by our Outriders wiki for all the latest info.
For more news find it here in Outriders Next Expansion Worldslayer Releases June 30th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: