Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Dark Souls Remastered
- In an announcement earlier this week, it was revealed that Dark Souls Remastered for Nintendo Switch will be pushed back until the Summer of 2018. What makes this so surprising is that Nintendo is publishing on the Switch, and seems to be spearheading much of the marketing campaign for the game, having shown the first gameplay footage of the Remaster a little over a month ago.
- It was also noted that Network Testing on the Switch console will happen at a separate time, that hasn’t been named, closer to the game’s launch on the Switch.
- From Software also Tweeted yesterday that they will announce the time and dates for the Xbox One and PS4 Network Tests very soon, and we should know in the next few days.
- Dontnod Entertainment the developers of Vampyr have announced that they will be releasing a Vampyr soundtrack on vinyl available with preorder outside North America.
- If you’re in Europe or Australia you may be lucky enough to get your hands on the limited edition Vampyr Vinyl sountrack, available in selected retails stores in France (Micromania), Nordics (Gamestop), Spain (GAME), Benelux (Game Manai), Poland (Empik), Australia (JB HI-FI) and Portugal (FNAC) according to Dontnod Entertainment’s tweet. If you’re in America or U.K. unfortunately this option is not available.
- It’s an interesting addition as many game developers usually add a digital release of the soundtrack either as a download, or even make it available on Spotify. The vinyl soundtrack could be a great collector’s item, especially for die hard fans.
- Even if you aren’t in the selected countries that have this soundtrack bundle, there is still reason to preorder. The preorder has the DLC “Hunter Heirlooms” a pack which contains the weapons Dragonbane sword and Barker pistol; and the outfit Dark Physician Suit. The Hunter Heirlooms DLC will still be available after release as a separate purchase. The official release of Vampyr will be June 5th for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
- In the latest edition of Famitsu, new Code Vein images have popped up sharing new characters, weapons and more from the upcoming game.
- New character Juuzo Midou is revealed, a leading expert in vampire research before the Great Collapse. Using human bodies for research, he has now returned from the dead himself and is all powerful. Having attained high combat skills, he sets his sites on the revenant, to gain further research for his experiments.
- Louis and Mia are seen as NPC companions, carry one-handed broadswords such the “sword of sunset” and “Hanemukuro”. Two-handed weapons are in the form of “Sword of the Grotesque Curse”, “Zweihander” as well as “Nagimukuro”.
- Bandai Namco‘s Code Vein is set to release sometime this year for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
WarHammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr
- NeocoreGames announce they are delaying release of the upcoming Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor- Martyr that was originally set for May 8th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. This seems to no longer be the case as developers share a new release date of June 5th.
- The developers have no problem with the PC version but have run into last minute technical issues with the console iterations of the game. Due to this, these versions of Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr could not meet the manufacturing time required for May 8th.
- It’s disappointing news for Warhammer fans as the game was announced to be released on all platforms on the same release date originally, this means that all versions of the game will be delayed until June 5th.
- SEGA announces that they will be bringing the JRPG Valkyria Chronicles to Nintendo Switch at the annual SEGA FES event in Japan, and is set to be released on the Japan eShop this fall.
- It is yet to be announced when Valkyria Chronicles will be released for the international market as games released on the Japan eShop are usually different from the EU or American eShop.
- In other Valkyria news, SEGA has announced that the release of the next Valkyria game, Valkyria Chronicles 4 will be delayed.
- Those who had already pre-purchased their copy will receive a “Reduced Price Purchase Coupon Download Code” which can goes towards the Valykria Chronicles for 500 yen (Switch version).
- The release of Valykria Chronicles 4 for the rest of the world (North America and Europe) will be this fall on PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
- Nexon America showed off the trailer for the upcoming MapleStory 2, the sequel to the famous Korean 2D side-scroller online RPG. The beta is launching global meaning fans of the PC game outside of Korea will be able to sign up for beta access today.
- Fans of the original MapleStory will remember the 2-D multi-player with fond memories, or those who still play the game will be already gearing up for the sequel to hit. Nexon announced that the beta is now open for sign up from April 14 until May 6, 2018. The actual beta will be playable from May 9 to May 16 so if you want to be the first to play MapleStory 2 and are in the American, European or the Oceanic region you better sign up fast. Nexon have launched a MapleStory2 social media campaign giving those who participate loot for the beta and full release.
- If you’re a fan of pixel plenty games such as Stardew Valley, then you will be interested to know that Kynseed has set their closed beta date for April 29th. Those who back the game will be given a key to join their closed beta. The game invokes inspiration from games such as Stardew Valley for it’s chilled-out gameplay and sandbox features of Fable.
- Most developers can’t wait for their community to take hold of their game and stream on platforms such as Twitch which give a wide exposure to new games. However, PixelCount seem a little wary that their game is not it’s finished form, but understand how fans of the game will want to share it even at closed beta stage, and will let their community decide on this matter.
- The indie action RPG Faeland has launched it’s Kickstarter campaign today with a goal of $29,000, and the campaign will end May 17th, 2018. Faeland is an action-adventure RPG side-scroller by the indie developers Talegames, in a pixel art 8-bit inspired style.
- Backers, depending on the amount they pledge ,will be able to not only fund this project but will receive early access to the prototype build and be a part of bringing this game to completion.
- But there are further goals in which Talegames aspires to achieve, if they reach $33,000 they will be able to create a character creation tool that will let players customize their characters. The developer is set to add further “Stretch Goals”and will reveal more as the campaign proceeds. As of the time this article is written, there are 661 backers bringing their funding to $17,608.
- The game is set to be developed for PC, Mac and Linux first and ported to other platforms later on if they reach their funds. The estimated delivery of rewards for backers is by the end of next year, December 2019.
Class of Heroes
- Acquire have announced they are releasing an anniversary version of turn-based JRPG Class of Heroes for the Nintendo Switch. This special edition will be available April 26th and included rare images and background music.
- Class of Heroes: Anniversary Edition will be available on April 26th on the Japan Nintendo eShop for 2,759 Yen, giving all Class of Heroes’ fans a chance to play this RPG series again.
- This RPG features a dungeon based arena with a turn-based combat style in first-person. The game was first made available for PSP back in 2008 for Japan and 2009 for North America, published by Atlus. The original website is still up and hasn’t change much since the original game was released.
- Konami have announced the release of their next Castlevania game but it’s coming to mobile as a 4v4 multiplayer called Grimoire of Souls.
- Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls sets to be a real-time co-op action game which includes a four player boss rush mode and 4v4 competitive multiplayer. Pair up with characters from Grimoire of Souls including Genya Arikado, a newcomer secret government agent and the researcher Lucy who is engaged in the anti-Dracula arts.
- The familiar faces of the Castlevania series will be making their appearance, Simon Belmont, Alucard, Charlotte Aulin, Shanoa and Maria Renard.
- Previously Castlevania came out with a multiplayer as an Xbox Live Arcade game called Castlevania: Harmony of Despair which featured a cast of characters.
- But Castlevania fans will need to wait a little longer for the release date of this mobile game as Konami goes into closed beta test in Japan in upcoming months. If you’re interested in signing up for the beta you can do so on the Konami website.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: