Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Square Enix released their JRPG Octopath Traveler as a Nintendo Switch exclusive upon launch last year. They now release a new trailer which will bring the title to PC in June 2019.
- The latest trailer gives a peek into what PC players will get to experience for Octopath Traveler. This is the first platform Square Enix has decided to bring the retro inspired turn-based RPG to, since launching on the Switch.
- Players will get to choose from eight different characters, each with their own immersive backstory as well as abilities in the fantasy world of Orsterra. The gameplay introduces turn-based battle but with an added “boost” ability which can give added attack power and combos during each turn.
- Octopath Traveler is currently available to play on Nintendo Switch and will launch on June 7th for PC.
To read more about this news find it here in Octopath Traveler Comes To PC June 7th.
Monster Hunter World
- The Spring Blossom Festival for Monster Hunter World will be upon us once again. Those who missed out during the first Spring Blossom Festival may earn unique items this time round. Both consoles and PC will have this festival during the same time although events will differ.
- Players will be able to collect Spring Blossom Tickets that are needed to craft the Spring Blossom Festival Exclusive Armor and Weapons. Daily log in bonus will grant 2 Tickets, daily bounties for players to cash in to obtain Appreciation Fireworks and Appreciation tickets. Every Sunday, players can obtain golden tickets. Item sales and special meal platter will return.
- The event will take place between April 25th at 8PM EDT until May 16th at 7:59PM EDT.
- The Festival will have previously released events quests available for the duration of the event. These old event quests offer players new armor pieces, increase drop percentages for items, increase hunter rank experience, and other various benefits. This is a limited time event so make sure you undertake the events you need while they are available.
- To check out all the details be sure to read our Monster Hunter World: Spring Blossom Festival 2019 Content guide.
To read more about this news find it here in Monster Hunter World: Spring Blossom Festival 2019 Contents.
Bloodborne: The Board Game
- You may remember towards the end of last year, CMON Games had announced they would be bringing Bloodborne to physical form with a board game. They now announced their Kickstarter will go live this month.
- FromSoftware’s challenging and dark RPG Bloodborne released over four years ago but their fanbase still holds strong. CMON Games have adapted the title into a board game which will launch on the crowd funding website Kickstarter on April 23rd. Backers will be able to help to support the project to make this board game a reality.
- The board game has been designed by Michael Shinall and Eric M. Lang, who also produced the Bloodborne card game. The tabletop version sets out to be quite different from their previous game, with a number of miniatures based on characters and enemies found in the game.
To read more about this news find it here in Bloodborne: The Board Game Kickstarter Campaign Starts April 23rd.
- In an article released by Wired, Sony confirms a few details on the next generation of their console. One of these major confirmations is the compatibility between the current Playstation 4 and the future PS5.
- Looking to bridge the crossover when the next Playstation gets release, players will still be able to play their current PS4 games on the next console with backwards compatibility. This will be a welcomed feature as it was something that was missing from PS4 with the exception of Playstation Now bringing in previous releases to the catalogue of games.
- The exact details on the extent of the backwards compatible capabilities are still a bit thin on the ground, but the recent article by Wired states: “…because it’s based in part on the PS4’s architecture, it will also be backward-compatible with games for that console.”
- Those who were hoping there would be some big announcement for PS5 to launch this year will have to wait as as it “won’t be landing in store anytime in 2019” according to the article.
- There will also be a third-generation AMD Ryzen processor, GPU based on AMD’s Radeon Navi which supports up to 8k resolutions. The console will also include a SSD which sets to reduce load times. PSVR will also be supported but Cerny was reluctant to share more about the next generation of this.
To read more details about this news find it here in PS5 Confirmed To Have Backwards Compatibility With PS4.
Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark
- The publisher 1C Entertainment and developer 6 Eyes Studio has announced that the tactical RPG Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark will be launching on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on April 30th.
- Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark is a narrative-drive game with turn-based tactical RPG, set in a fantasy world of Teora with steampunk inspiration. Players will take on the role of Arbiter Kyrie, a member of the Immortal Council set with the task to keep the peace and order throughout the kingdom. However, a darker force is now taking hold, leading Kyrie to question the motives behind Teora’s leaders. Leading your troops through different scenarios and fighting challenging encounters.
- The title came to Kickstarter last year and surpassed it’s $40,000 goal by over $5,289 with 1,197 backers.
- Players can experience an in-depth class system with over 20 to choose from and 200 abilities. Other features include over 40 story encounters and challenging end-game content.
To read more details about this news find it here in Tactical RPG Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark Launches On PS4, Xbox One And PC On April 30th.
- The creator Geoff Keighley and executive producer Kimmie H. Kim will be producing a new live segment which will take place opening night of Gamescom 2019.
- The live event called “Gamescom: Opening Night Live” will be an English livestream which will highlight announcements from major game publishers as well as independent developers. It will also host world premieres of new game footage and appearances from prominent gaming industry figures.
- Gamescom 2019: Opening Night Live will stream on Monday August 19, 2019 at 8pm CEST, 2pm EDT, 11am PDT from Cologne, Germany. More information will be released running up to the event.
To read more details about this news find it here in Gamescom 2019: Opening Night Live To Be Produced By Geoff Keighley.
The Witcher Netflix Series
- With recent news of the series filming locations and the lead in Geralt attire, we now get news that the Netflix The Witcher series will release fall 2019.
- The Witcher Netflix series will be making its way to fans sometime between October and December this year. This clears up the rumours that the series may not be released until 2020.
- In an article by Variety the Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos spoke of the new series and seasons coming to the streaming platform which included The Witcher.
- The showrunner Laren Schmidt Hissrich has previously shared that there will be a eight episodes, not revealing how many seasons. The series is based on the books but Netflix are drawing inspiration for the protagonist Geralt from CD Projekt Red‘s game.
- Netflix The Witcher series will release sometime this fall 2019.
To read more details about this news find it here in The Witcher Netflix Series Releases This Fall.
The Pegasus Dream Tour
- The former director from Final Fantasy XV Hajima Tabata is in the process of creating a RPG that focuses on the Paralympics called The Pegasus Dream Tour.
- It was at the end of last year when Hajima Tabata left Square Enix and Luminous Productions to then begin his own studio, JP Games. The latest project now in the work is The Pegasus Dream Tour.
- The title is described as a “completely new sports role-playing game”, in The Pegasus Dream Tour players will take on the role of a para-athlete who sets out to compete in the Paralympic Games. This is set in an fantasy metropolis known as Pegasus City, where players awaken with special abilities know as “Xtra Power”. The game will be “accessible on various platforms” which includes mobile.
- Habata outlines on the Paralympics website that he wants to make a unique brand of RPG, not only spotlighting the Paralympic Games but adding to gaming industry.
- There is currently no release date for Pegasus Dream Tour but it is expected to release before the 2020 Tokyo Olympic/Paralympic Games.
To read more details about this news find it here in Final Fantasy 15 Director’s First Independent Game Focuses On An RPG About Paralympians.
Fade to Silence
- THQ Nordic and Black Forest Games release a new trailer for their upcoming survival RPG Fade to Silence, sharing a peek at the game.
- This frosty new trailer shows off some of the otherworldly enemies all set in a the wintry wilderness. Fade to Silence takes place in a frozen, post-apocalyptic world where not only the elements will pose a threat but there are supernatural looking enemies. The title also brings a puzzling storyline to solve, a challenge to gather resources and an atmospheric ambience.
- The trailer also features some darker forces, which looks like a nightmare inspired by Lovecraftian terrors. The game mixes in traditional survival RPG mechanics with combat against the monstrous creatures. Players can play in single player or team up with a friend in co-op to battle horrors together.
- The voice that is features in the trailer definitely adds to the creep factor, specially when out alone in the forest. Its definitely an interesting concept, survival with H.P. Lovecraft enemies to fight off while enduring the elements.
- Fade to Silence is currently in Steam Early Access but will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on April 30th.
To read more details about this news find it here in Fade To Silence – Where Is My Mind Trailer Released.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: