Last updated on July 26th, 2017
Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The Destiny 2 beta went live this week for pre-orders and general access on the PS4 and Xbox One and of course we were right there on the ground with coverage.
- Check out our beta impressions piece on the blog to see where the game has changed and where it’s stayed the same. You may be surprised by what’s inside. The story has definitely been given more attention and there is a much more emotional, cinematic feel to what’s happening. The new weapon categories and shooting mechanic tweaks are interesting changes and some are good, while for others the jury is still out. What remains to be seen is whether Bungie can hold player interest for the long term.
- With today the last day for the beta festivities, there’s still time to plan out your Guardian. Take a look at the detailed guides we have for each of the 3 classes: Hunter, Titan and Warlock. There are some new dynamic subclasses like the Dawnblade, Arcstrider and Sentinel and they each have a whole list of new skills and roles to master.
- Did you enjoy your time in the beta? Hopefully the memories were enough to hold you over until Destiny 2’s September 6th release.
- The official Bloodborne Twitter account shared a photo of a new Bloodbornestatue that is being unveiled at Comic-Con this weekend.
- The 1/6 Scale Statue is coming from figure manufacturer Gecco, who are presently selling a Bloodborne Doll statue that is the same scale for 299.99 USD. This particular statue is tentatively titled “Hunter, The Old Hunters Ver.” and is the iconic hunter character from the game’s promotional material, complete with attire and trick weapons.
- Bloodborne statues are all the rave as a 3 foot tall version of the hunter with swappable weapons is also due sometime in the future, although that one will set you back a solid 800 USD. But hey, to the collector’s mind, it’s a worthwhile cost, or some say costm.
- Thoughts on the new statue? It’s not Bloodborne 2 but it’s something! We’ll be sure to keep an eye out for a more detailed look and pricing so be sure to keep checking back with us for more on this and everything Bloodborne related.
- Diablo 3 Season 11 began this week for players on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The new season brings with it some new rewards, challenges and more for players on Blizzard’s popular lootfest RPG.
- Players can jump into the new season and earn some new rewards for their efforts. You can earn some cosmetics like a new pet by progressing through the Season Journey
- You can also unlock an additional stash tab if you haven’t already unlocked the 4, by completing some tasks at the Conqueror tier which is a good way to top off if you’ve missed past seasons.
- Furthermore there are some new sets you can grab for completing chapters in the Season Journey.
- There are also some other changes to how seasonal leaderboards and conquests will be rotating. For a full and deep rundown of everything you can earn, keep our Season 11 Overview Guide handy while you quest to your heart’s content.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Zenimax Online announced the new Elder Scrolls Online Midyear Mayhem PvP Event. The event began this past Thursday and ends on July 31st and gives players a chance to participate in the game’s different PvP modes to earn some limited time rewards.
- As you participate in PvP activities (excluding Duels) during the event, you can earn a new collectible hat: the Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath.
- You will also receive Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes along with your standard Rewards for the Worthy items. These special event reward boxes will contain Tel Var Stones and give you a chance to receive additional rewards.
- Furthermore during weekends, you can get some legendary quality jewelry from the weekly golden merchant in exchange for alliance points.
- Gear up and get on out there PvP nuts!
- Bandai Namco has introduced players to 2 of the key characters in the upcoming Action RPG Code Vein. From the developers of God Eater, Code Vein combines stylized animation with Souls inspired combat in a world where vampires, known as revenants, stand against mindless beasts who who ravaged the world.
- The two key characters introduced are named Mia Karnstein and Yakumo Shinonome, and they are prominent figures in past trailers.
- Mia is a female vampire who wanders with her younger brother in search of the land of Vein. Her special attack, what the game terms a Blood Veil, is called Stinger and is a long reaching tail attack that is scorpion like.
- Yakumo Shinonome is a former mercernary who is well regarded by others. His Blood Veil is called Hounds and turns his jacket into a wolf’s head which can then be used for close attacks.
- Code Vein is going to have a strong story focus to go with the action sensibilities and each character is going to have their own unique gameplay style
- Thoughts on Code Vein so far? It’s set to release early 2018 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. Keep checking back with us for more!
Kingdom Hearts 3
- On the heels of last weekend’s announcement that Kingdom Hearts 3 would release in 2018, Square Enix has released some screenshots from some of the new content they showed at the D23 expo.
- The screenshots give us a look at 2 of the new worlds we’ll be traversing: Toy Story World and Hercules World. We also get a look at main character Sora in action, wielding his iconic keyblades and using his summon powers.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 is releasing sometime next year for the PS4 and Xbox One and has been one of the most long anticipated titles in gaming. Thoughts on the new screens and the recent trailer? Now that the cat’s out of the bag, we’re sure to get some more regular looks at the game and we’ll be sure to keep you updated.
- Capcom has released a new gampelay trailer for the upcoming PS4 and Xbox Oneversion of Dragon’s Dogma.
- The extensive trailer begins with a look at the major NPCs who have an impact on the story’s events and then goes on to show the impressive beasts you’ll be fighting from the game’s mythical bestiary, joined by your trusty pawns. We also get a look at the Everfalland Bitterblack Isle content that will form a large part of your endgame playing as you take on larger than life creatures for the best weapons and armor in the game.
- The port is commemorating the 5th anniversary of the release of the original game, having since sold over 3 millions copies. It’s still not certain what, if any changes or addtions are being made to the game for this version. We do know that the port is coming to Japan on October 5th, however no date for the west has been given yet, other than “fall”.
- Blizzard has announced that the new Overwatch hero Doomfist will be releasing on July 27th for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. Presently he is available for testing for players on the PC test server.
- The wait is almost over for dedicated players. In other recent news, Blizzard announced the first 7 cities of the upcoming Overwatch League which is set to begin its inaugural season sometime this year.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- Square Enix is going to give some fans a chance to play the closed beta for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT this summer. The PS4 game that brings Team Ninja’s popular arcade only game to the masses is scheduled to release in early 2018.
- There is no exact date set for the closed beta, but players who want to participate can sign up now for one of the limited slots.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is a 3D fighting game that pulls characters from the long history of Final Fantasy games and pits them in battle against each other. It features a 3v3 battle system, over 20 playable characters and the ability to call summons into battle.
- No doubt this is one that hardcore Final Fantasy fans will not want to miss, and fans of fighters in general may be surprised by the amount of fun to be had here.
- In the update to drag us all to hell, Bethesda and id Software have released Doom update 6.66 which makes all of the game’s multiplayer DLC now free for those who own the game. Doom is the frenetic genre defining FPS that tasks you with repelling a demonic invasion in the most gratuitous way possible.
- Going forward, all of the available DLC will now be included in the base game, which just got a digital price trim to 14.99. It just finished up a free weekend for Xbox One and PC and PS4 is getting a free trial next weekend.
- If you like blasting holes into demons, you can pick up the game for its low price and continue your progression.
- Doom is an indulgent good time and the upcoming free weekend and free DLC are solid deals.
- The Surge Demo as we reported on last week is now available for players on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The free demo lets you play the opening moments of the Action RPG from Deck 13 and Focus Home Interactive and features Soulsborne inspired mechanics
- The game launched this past May to good reception and we found that it was a solid evolution of the formula from Lords of the Fallen. It merges slick, gratifying combat with deep crafting in a dystopic setting.
- There is no better time than the present to give it a go. Keep our beefy wiki handy and head over to our YouTube channel for a slew of great video guides.
Final Fantasy XIV
- Square Enix has released Final Fantasy XIV Patch 4.05, that adds some new content and makes some changes to the game, and is the second patch following the Stormblood expansion for the MMO on PS4 and PC.
- The update adds New Treasure Hunt, Raid Dungeon & Job Changes. For the entire litany of nitty gritty changes, you can check the patch notes in full on the blog.
- If you’re new to the game and want to learn more about the newest expansion, be sure to check out our FFXIV: Stormblood Guide for an overview of the new content as well as a brief primer on the base game.
- Devolver Digital and SloClap revealed the pre-order bonuses and options for Absolver, their online Combat RPG that is coming to the PS4 and PC on August 29th.
- All preorders will start today with 10% off the 29.99 USD list price, bringing it to a very manageable 26.99 USD and will come with exclusive gear for your character for those that purchase the game before the August 29th launch.
- Additionally a Special Edition is available for both PS4 and PC that includes a legit sweet wearable mask. Because nothing shows your dedication to a game quite like wearing a mask from it to pick up groceries. I’m not gonna lie, those pre-order bonuses look pretty damn sweet.
- In conjunction with the announcement they’ve released a new video that looks at the weapons and powers available to players. The neat video shows the game’s mechanics in concert, as players do battle, filling tension shards which they can use to trigger weapons and powers.
- We went hands on with the game during last month’s E3 and were enthralled by the tight PvP combat. Looking forward to its release next month.
Dark and Light
- Snail Games has released their upcoming MMORPG Dark and Light in early access this week.
- The game was initially released in 2006 and suffered from crippling issues at launch which led to its shutdown, but now the game has been rebooted and looks to deliver on the promise of an expansive world where you stake your claim on the world. You will fend off other factions and use magic to alter the landscape and ecosystem to suit your needs and protect against enemies and the numerous wild beasts you’ll encounter as you explore.
- The game is set to release in full sometime later this year.
- We took a look at the upcoming Starcraft Remastered this week, to see everything Blizzard is revamping with the gaming culture classic.
- StarCraft Remastered makes sense, even if the original is still getting played to death. The game has definitely shown its age and the remaster is an opportunity to bring it up to modern audio and visual expectations. The gameplay is timeless, and as a result should not suffer the same mixed reception as the recently released Crash remaster. The addition of multiplayer improvements is especially welcome and the game should pop back up into heavy rotation.
- Read our full preview for a closer look at everything that’s getting a facelift in the game.
- Developer tobyfox announced that the unique RPG, Undertale will release for the PS4 and PS Vita on August 15th. The game will suport crossbuy, allowing you to buy it on either of the platforms and play it on the other.
- In Undertale, you control a human who falls underground into the world of monsters. You must find your way out or stay trapped forever, but here’s the rub: you don’t have to kill things. Yes you can even befriend the game’s bosses. This unique approach to the game in addition to its well designed puzzles and gameplay earned the game numerous critical acclaim when it released for PC in 2015, earning several perfect scores from notable publications.
- Pre-orders for the game include a dynamic theme for the PS4 designed by Truant Pixel and Merrigo and a new song from the developer. There is also a physical collector’s edition that you can pre-order for some goodies like a soundtrack, art book, sheet music from the game and music box locket.
- There you have it. Less than a month until PS4 players can see what all the fuss is about.
Top 5 RPGs of 2017: August
- Check out our Top 5 RPGs of 2017: August Video on our channel and blog. We took a look at we think are the best RPGs coming out next month and the list is a beefy who’s who of some heavy hitters as well as couple of games that may have slipped under your radar. Be sure to give it a watch and a like and tell a friend.
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun! Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: