Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
This Week in RPGs – September 17th, 2023
This week in RPGs we finally get a release date for Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty devs strongly urge players to check their PC cooling systems, Lies of P gets a showcase for Legion Arms ahead of early access launch, Mortal Shell hits a major sale milestone and more. Don’t go anywhere as we have lots to talk about.
Lies of P
- The souls-like Action-RPG Lies of P got a closer look at Legion Arms this week. The main character Pinnochio or known as P in this version has his own customisable arm. These range from some amazing handy options including the Fulminis which sends out electricity ready to shock enemies and stun them. Another option is the Flamberge which not only helps to light up the room but toasts foes with a stream of flames.
- Lies of P is releasing for all on September 19th, but for those who have purchased the deluxe edition they can already take on the mechanical nightmares of Krat since September 16th.
- We recently released our Review of Lies of P which goes over the gameplay, weapons, Legion Arms, exploration and more. So if you really want to know if game is for you, you should go check it out. For those who are about to embark as P, take a look at our Beginner Guide for some useful tips and tricks. You also head to our Lies of P wiki for all the details.
- Lies of P is available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, PC as well as Xbox Game Pass on September 19th.
- As with all news mentioned in this video, if you want to know more the link is in the description below.
For more on this news find it here in Lies of P Shows Off the Legion Arm Options in New Gameplay Footage.
- Congrats to Mortal Shell as the developer Cold Symmetry and publisher Playstack announced its now surpassed 1 million copies sold. The title which brings its own flavour of challenging enemies and adopting “Shells” which grant different masteries in combat.
- The game was originally released in 2021 later gaining a DLC called The Virtuous Cycle adding a further shell called Hadern, a transforming weapon the Axatana and further Abilities. Mortal Shell gained some great reviews at launch, including our own.
- At the time it was released it scored high with its pricepoint being around 30 USD. The game is now up to 90% off so you can gain the digital deluxe bundle for under $4, what a steal.
For more on this news find it here in Mortal Shell Now Under $4; Celebrates 1 Million Copies Sold.
Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader
- Owlcat Games, the creative minds behind the Pathfinder CRPGs, have finally revealed the release date for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader. They confirmed their latest project will be playable on December 7, 2023 for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series players.
- Owlcat Games announced the release date in a 2-minute long official trailer which takes a look at the Koronus Expanse. Exploration and discovery is the beating heart of any Rogue Trader, braving the darkness and corruption.
- One of the biggest tools in the arsenal of any Rogue Trader is their retinue. Previously covered 9 companions you can recruit. However, Owlcat Games surprised us with a 10th and final companion Mararzhai. He has a purpose-driven life, one that is propelled forward through violence and shady dealings. This all goes awry as the hunter eventually becomes the hunted.
- Players take upon the role of the titular Rogue Trader in this upcoming CRPG. They will be able to fully create a character of their own, creating from a variety of classes, backgrounds, and skills that will ultimately define their build.
For more on this news find it here in Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader Release Date Revealed.
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty
- Upcoming expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is coming in hot. Recently lead scene programmer for CD Projekt Red Filip Pierściński has shared on X (yup still sounds weird, Twitter) that players on PC should check their cooling systems as the game will be working hard on their CPU. He gave an example that an “8 core” is expected to utilise a 90% workload. The same goes for those who are preparing to play CP2077 2.0.
- He cleared up in a following post that the game will work well on recommended hardware, and despite the initial post, there isn’t concern for melting CPUs and just to make sure it’s working as it should. A quick spec guide was shown to give examples of what you can expect from your rig for minimum to Ultra.
- Recently the studio has been gearing up for Phantom Liberty‘s release alongside the free update 2.0. The update will bring a bunch of the usual bug fixes, but also holds a few updates. As for Phantom Liberty there’s a whole new Relic skill tree which got a closer look this week.
- Jailbreak for example unlocks some new moves and finishers to the Monowire, Mantis Blades, and Gorilla Arms. The expansion is following a whole thriller spy theme which will feature a new famous face this time Idris Elba.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty lands on September 26th while update 2.0 drops on September 21st.
For more on this news find it here in CP2077 Phantom Liberty Expansion Too Hot to Handle as Devs Advise Check Your PC Cooling and Cyberpunk 2077 Drops Phantom Liberty Trailer Plus Update 2.0 Release Date.
Tales of Arise
- During the Playstation State of Play this week there was a nice surprise for Tales of fans as the latest entry Tales of Arise will be gaining a DLC called Beyond the Dawn in November this year.
- Beyond the Dawn will continue where the main game left off, where Alphan, Shionne and the rest of the gang return. The DLC is described as a continuation of the lives of each of the characters after the main conclusion in the base game. It hints that while the future is bright, something has shaken the core foundation of the world.
- The expansion is a further 20 hours of epic story and will feature newcomer Nazamil. It will also feature new dungeons, enemies, weapons and costumes. However do note that the developers will not be carrying over items or skills from your previous save game, post-victory.
- Tales of Arise: Beyond the Dawn has been announced to be released on November 9, 2023. It will be coming to PC, Playstation and Xbox.
For more news find it here in Tales of Arise: Beyond the Dawn DLC Announced For November 2023.
Elder Scrolls Online
- In the recent preview for Update 40 for the Elder Scrolls Online, developer Zenimax has unveiled a new PvE challenge is heading to the game. Titled the Endless Archive it does exactly that, providing a myriad of challenges for players to take on.
- Players will face randomly generated encounters that will be filled with monsters and bosses. “No two expeditions into the Archive will ever be the same…” according to the post. As players complete Cycles, which will be made up of three Stages and a boss battle. Completing four of these Cycles and the fifth boss fight will finish an Arc.
- But it wouldn’t be called Endless if it stopped there. After defeating the corruption at the very heart of the archive, you will go even further. Each time it will up the difficulty, meaning you can dive deeper and deeper. However, there are some restrictions, such as there is a limited number of deaths allowed before the run ends.
- Helping your journey will be two boons called Verses and Visions. Verses provide temporary buffs that can be chosen at each stage. Visions are received at the end of each Cycle, and will affect the entire run.
- Of course risking life and limb wouldn’t be for naught. New rewards await those who brave the Endless Archive in the form of unlockable loot, collectibles such as mounts, pets, cosmetics and all new Class sets.
- Endless Archive sounds like a great addition to take on and will be available as part of the base game, free for all Elder Scrolls Online players. Update 40 will be releasing on October 30th for PC and November 14th for console players.
For more news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Free Update 40 Brings PVE Challenge Endless Archive.
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- You will finally be able to continue the adventure of Cloud and co with in the second instalment, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth which has been announced to be leaping into action (leap year pun intended) on February 29th 2024 for Playstation 5. It also looks to be a platform exclusive at least for 3 months according to the small print.
- Square Enix has been showing snippets of FF7 Rebirth since its announcement in June 2022. It will be continuing where players left off in the first part of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
- The trailer gives a peek at what’s in store for Cloud as well as a returning cast of characters including Red XIII, Aeirith, Barret, Sephiroth, and some new characters come into play. It also gives a quick glimpse at some major action boss fights and dance numbers that surely will leave a lasting impression.
- On the lighter side, there are also mini-games such as Chocobo racing which didn’t make it into the first and the Gold Saucer which includes a classic looking beat’em up.
- Pre-orders for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth are already available including on the official Square Enix store. Three editions are available with standard starting at $70, deluxe and a collector’s edition.
For more news find it here in Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Announced for February 29th 2024 Launch for PS5.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: