Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
This Week in RPGs – November 19th, 2023
This week in RPG news, a possible leaked release date for Dragon’s Dogma 2, lots happening with Baldur’s Gate 3, winning several awards at The Golden Joysticks, gaining more nominations for the upcoming The Game Awards as well as further BG3 news. Lies of P gets an update, The Thaumaturge gets delayed, Grim Dawn gets an update anticipating its expansion and much more in this week’s news.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- Having quite the week, Larian Studios had many things to celebrate including their recent wins at The Golden Joystick Awards. The CRPG has not only won the hearts of those who are fans of Astarion but also the judges of the yearly award show. It celebrates all the major releases of the year including Starfield, Final Fantasy 16, Cyberpunk 2077’s expansion Phantom Liberty, Alan Wake 2, Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and much more.
- Their CRPG Baldur’s Gate 3 snapped up seven awards including Studio of the Year but also Best Storytelling, Best Visual Design, Best Game Community, Best Supporting Performer, PC Game of the Year and the Ultimate Game of the Year.
- Sven Vincke the head of Larian Studios was seen grappling with several of the awards within his grasp, experiencing some real-life inventory management issues. This wasn’t the only news for the BG3 studio this week as Larian also nailed down when Xbox fans will be finding out the release date for the game on the platform. According to a recent post on X (twitter) by the official Larian Studios account, the date will be unveiled during The Game Awards 2023. They also reaffirmed it will be “on track for a December release”.
- Along with this news this week was the announcement of the Physical Deluxe Edition which will be coming to PS5, Xbox Series and PC in early 2024. Priced at £/€79.99 the Baldur’s Gate 3: Deluxe Edition will feature playable discs, with PS5 gaining two discs and Xbox Series gaining three. It also bundles in all previously released deluxe content as well as other physical goodies. Pre-orders are available on the official Larian store.
- For more on this news or any news mentioned in this video the link is in the description below.
For more on this news find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Wins 7 Golden Joystick Awards Including Ultimate GOTY, Baldur’s Gate 3 Xbox Release Date to be Announced at The Game Awards 2023 and Baldur’s Gate 3 To Get A Physical Deluxe Edition in Early 2024.
The Game Awards 2023
- Speaking of Baldur’s Gate 3 awards, Geoff Keighley has now revealed the nominees for this year’s The Game Awards 2023. This year the nominees have been dominated by two games, Baldur’s Gate 3 and Alan Wake 2. This shouldn’t be too much of a surprise as Baldur’s Gate 3 had an amazing year, leaving early access in August.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 has already been nominated for eight categories including Game of the Year 2023. Nominees for GOTY include Alan Wake 2, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Bros. Wonder and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
- Diablo 4 the ARPG from Blizzard has also gained two nominations under Innovation in Accessibility and Best Multiplayer. Interestingly Baldur’s Gate 3 is also nominated for Best Multiplayer among Party Animals, Street Fighter 5 and Super Mario Bros. Wonder, so it’s a pretty diverse category.
- Remnant 2 the souls-like shooter is in for Best Action Game but it’s going against the colossal Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon.
- Lies of P has also managed to snag two nominations for Best Art Direction and Best RPG. Since the RPG category is highly competitive this year it will be a tough one to win. The category includes BG3, FF16, Lies of P, Sea of Stars and Starfield.
- The Game Awards 2023 will be live on December 7th at 4:30 PM PT. Who’s your favourite pick for GOTY 2023? How many awards do you think Baldur’s Gate 3 and Alan Wake 2 will pick up? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in The Game Awards 2023 Nominees Over Taken By Baldur’s Gate 3 and Alan Wake 2.
- Fans of the Victorian ARPG, Grim Dawn, are in for a treat this November as it gets an update version 1.2. This beefy patch will have tons of improvements ahead of the next expansion The Fangs of Asterkarn.
- Grim Dawn’s 1.2 update will improve the leveling experience significantly by offering more better rewards, better pacing, and a more engaging experience.
- The game’s difficulty system will also be getting an overhaul. Players will now be able to start with any difficulty level that they’ve already unlocked – no more going through Normal, Elite, and Ultimate in that specific order. Another huge update to Grim Dawn is the addition of a dedicated dodge ability.
- In case you missed it, the title is an Action-RPG that released initially for PC back in February 2016. The game features fast-paced real-time combat and emphasizes collecting loot and slaying Lovecraftian horrors. The game also builds upon systems from Titan Quest, most notably skill unlock and dual classing systems.
- Grim Dawn is anticipating its fourth expansion Fangs of Asterkarn expected to release sometime next year.
For more on this news find it here in Grim Dawn Version 188.8.131.52 Modernizes the ARPG Classic.
Lies of P
- The soulslike Lies of P has gained a new update which adds further costumes, a new category in the costume menu, balance changes plus fixes. The official soundtrack has been released which is now available for $9.99 on Steam, so you can now listen to your favourite tracks from the game such as Feel, whenever and wherever with the downloadable track list.
- Lies of P or Lies of Style we should be calling the game after the update as new options are available for Pinnochio. A new category has been added to the Costume menu, allowing players to equip both a ‘Mask’ and ‘Accessory‘ together found in the Hair section of the menu.
- As previously teased in the Director’s Letter video that took place at the end of October, changes to combat have been implemented. This includes Rising Dodge now being a default ability, with the Retain Gaurd Regain upon Pulse Cell use now taking its place in the P-Organ system.
- There have also been changes to weapons including damage increases to weapons, decreased delay after an attack and time to charge a ‘Charge Attack’ for some heavy handles. Heavier Handles also now have a faster attack speed which is dependent on the assembled blade.
- These are just some of the changes with the patch, you can check out all the new balance changes over on our Lies of P wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Unicorn Overlord Gets New Details on the Tactical RPG and Diablo 4 Gets A Week of Experience and Gold Bonuses Starting Nov 20th.
C.A.R.D.S RPG: The Misty Battelfield
- We got a first look trailer for the roguelike deckbuilder C.A.R.D.S. RPG: The Misty Battlefield. The title will be released for PlayStation 5, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2024 worldwide.
- This game will bring together a tumultuous war, vying sides and dragons. The game follows the Clausewitz Battalion into a map covered in mist. Here players will collect and strengthen cards to build the best deck to fight against enemies.
- The game is an interesting mix of card gameplay and grid based battles woven into rogue-like elements as well as traditional strategy. Players will have over 50 varieties of cards to collect, as they try to find a way through the mist covered land.
- Facing hidden enemies, facilities and discovering further equipment to help them win the fight. The game is set to also feature fully voiced characters for further immersion in this war-ridden world.
- C.A.R.D.S. RPG: The Misty Battlefield is coming to PlayStation 5, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2024 worldwide.
For more news find it here in C.A.R.D.S. RPG: The Misty Battlefield Gets ‘First Look’ Trailer of the Roguelike Deckbuilder.
- Narrative-driven turn-based RPG The Thaumaturge gets its release date pushed to February 20th 2024. Originally set to release on December 5th for PC via Steam, Epic Games Store and GOG. It’s also coming consoles PS5 and Xbox Series at a later date.
- The announcement shared details that the game has been delayed so as not to “compromise” the quality of the game. The additional time will be given to “achieve the standards that players have come to expect”, adding further polish.
- In case you missed it The Thaumaturge is set in 20th-century Warsaw Poland. A mix of ancestries under the pressure of the Russian tsardom.
- Within this city are those with the ability to tame spirits or Salutors. Only Thaumaturges can assess Salutor’s true nature and essence. This power does come with a dark side and should be used with caution.
- The game uses turn-based battles in a narrative-driven isometric RPG. Being a Thaumaturge allows players to navigate different situations in numerous ways. Taming Salutors will unlock unique skills to gain an advantage when exploring the world and in combat. The summons look very eerie and could be interesting especially as you tame more.
For more on this news find it here in The Thaumaturge for PC Now Pushed to February 20th 2024.
- Blizzard has announced Mother’s Blessing is returning to Diablo 4 but this time for a whole week starting November 20th running to November 27th. This will give players a chance to catch up on the latest Season of Blood with 35% increased rates for both experience and gold.
- This bonus will apply to both the Seasonal and Eternal Realms at all World Tiers. You can also bonus stack with Elixirs and the Urn of Experience to really take advantage of this week.
- You can also check if the boon is applied by finding the new in-game icon which will appear next to your potion count and will let you know you’re earning an increased Gold and XP. This event can also help in boosting through the Battle Pass ranks, getting through higher Levels and World Tiers. Complete your season journey to face the Abattoir of Zir coming on December 5th.
- Planning on adventuring through Sanctuary? Don’t forget to drop by our Diablo 4 wiki for all the latest.
For more on this news find it here in Diablo 4 Gets A Week of Experience and Gold Bonuses Starting Nov 20th.
Remnant 2 The Awakened King DLC
- The first expansion for the shooter soulslike Remnant 2 dropped this week adding new areas explore in the games very Bloodborne-inspired Losomn. The DLC adds a new Archetype called the Ritualist which uses Miasma on its foes, using status effects infliction to really deal some damage.
- The DLC also raises the game’s Trait cap to 85, allowing further ways to customise builds. You can also try out the ‘One Shot Mode’, a pre-determined layout and set of dungeons, but it can only be accessed once.
- We have a whole review that goes over the details of the The Awakened King DLC and what we thought of it. We also have a couple of new builds to try out on our channel that will be perfect for the latest update. You can also head to our Remnant 2 wiki for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in Remnant II The Awakened King DLC Review.
Dragon’s Dogma 2
- Dragon’s Dogma 2 may have had its release date leaked according to a recent rating of the game. The epic return of Capcom’s fantasy open world Action-RPG apparently is launching on March 22nd 2024 for PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC if the leaks are to be believed.
- The PEGI rating was for Europe which listed Dragon’s Dogma 2 to be PEGI 18. This could have accidentally revealed the release date early. Now take this with a grain of salt as Capcom has not released any official news on this just yet.
- However, there will be a 15-minute showcase which has been officially announced to be happening on November 28th at 1PM PST, set to unveil brand-new gameplay reveals. It will be led by director Hideaki Itsuno and producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi. This could also be a way for Capcom to announce the launch date of the game.
- Dragon’s Dogma 2 is set to be four times bigger than its predecessor, with an open world. There will be new advanced classes to master and new ways to get around by Oxcart. The game’s AI Pawn system will also be returning no doubt enhancing the fun combat from the first game. We had our own hands-on with the game not too long ago, you can check out that video for more on gameplay. If you’re excited to know more about Dragon’s Dogma 2 head to our wiki where we’ll be updating it as new info releases.
For more on this news find it here in Leak: Dragon’s Dogma 2 Release Date?; Capcom Announces 15 Minute Showcase Nov 28th.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: