Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty DLC Battle of Zhongyuan
- The Action-RPG Wo Long Fallen Dynasty will be getting a new DLC called Battle of Zhongyuan set to be released on June 29th.
- This expansion will add further stages, enemies, a new difficulty level, further weapon types and more. The setting for the DLC takes place in what’s currently known as the Henan Province. Zhongyuan is located in the Central Plains Region of China.
- It is in Huaxia where the “birthplace of Chinese civilisation” and remains a pivotal part of history. This sounds like it will be an eventful area to explore. Developer Team Ninja teases more details will be revealed “soon”. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty: Battle of Zhongyuan is part of the Season Pass which contains three DLCs available for $24.99.
- The second DLC will be coming this September called Conqueror of Jiangdong. The final DLC Upheaval in Jingxiang will be out in December 2023.
- Wo Long Fallen Dynasty is available on PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty To Get DLC “Battle of Zhongyuan” Adding New Enemies, Weapons, Difficulty and More.
Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
- The top-down CRPG Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader got a beta this week which kicked off on June 1st. For those who are founders they can access the beta right now.
- The beta will allow you to create your own character with the full character generator with plenty of customisation at your fingertips. Explore a full chapter of the epic space adventure right from the beginning. The chapter takes place in the dark city of Commorragh. A new Adeptus Astartes companion will join the ranks as you take on the role of Lord Captain.
- The previous alpha only let players explore Act II, but the beta will start right from the beginning, the Prologue and Act I. There is also an updated Act II, heading to Commorragh home to the Drukhari in Act III.
- Other updates since the Alpha include updated character progression, combat preparation and a glimpse at the Convictions system. This new system while still in the early stages, will preview how the Lord Captain’s decision will impact the adventure and have consequences.
- Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is currently available on PC. No official release date has been announced yet for the game.
For more on this news find it here in Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Beta Warps In This June.
The Witcher 3
- CD Projekt Red has reported on their latest financial stats announcing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has now surpassed 50 million units sold.
- One of CD Projekt Red’s most successful RPGs, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has gained new heights. The franchise surpassed 75 million. The developer announced the news via Twitter, celebrating the new milestones.
- It was just last year when The Witcher 3 received a next-gen update. This brought the eight year old game more up-to-date in terms of graphics for modern consoles such as the PS5, Xbox Series and PC. It added such features as ray tracing and ambient occlusion to make those memorable moments, that much more striking. All characters received updated textures and gained support for 4k. So now the game is much more enjoyable with updated specs.
- The Witcher franchise has been abuzz not only with its Netflix series, but the announcement of a Witcher Remake in the works. There are several projects currently in development.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is currently available to play on PC, PS5, Xbox Series, Xbox One, PS4 and Switch. Be sure to drop by our Witcher 3 wiki for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in The Witcher 3 Sells a Massive 50 Million Units.
Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults
- We got new details this week about the Kickstarter campaign for Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults. The hack-and-slash ARPG is in development by BKOM Studios. They launched their Kickstarter in hopes of funding their game with a goal of $305,298 USD. At the time this video was recorded the project had already surpassed half of its goal with just under a month left to go. Not bad for a few days.
- In case you missed it, Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults is based on the Pathfinder universe. It follows four different heroes who will venture down through Gauntlight Keep to uncover its secrets. The ultimate goal? Defeat the evil sorceress Belcorra Haruvex. Quite a heroic feat, indeed!
- Players will select one of four distinct heroes to take up the sword (or wand) against the big evil known as Belcorra. Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults will be single-player but will allow coop with up to four people. It also looks like fans of couch co-op will also be able to enjoy it, as this is one of the promised features.
- There is a built-in “Combo Effects System” being implemented into the game. This should allow players to create quite interesting effects which can sometimes be quite explosive. One such example is that wizards can create a firewall that the barbarian can then spin through. Resulting in a tremendous tornado of fire.
- If you’re interested to back the campaign pledges are as low as $29 which will include a digital download and some minor goodies. Higher tiers are of course available with some increasing perks.
- Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults is being developed for PC.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults is an Upcoming ARPG Spinoff.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
- Set for June 7th, the Final Digital Event for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak will be happening at 7:00 a.m. PT. A developer roundtable and dev interviews will be included in the live stream. Fans of the monster-slaying game can tune in 30 minutes early for the pre-show. The live stream will be going over all the details for the bonus update Version 16.
- Monster Hunter Rise was released originally on the Switch on March 26th 2021. But has since come to more platforms including consoles PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series. The expansion Sunbreak is also now available on all platforms.
- Updates have been pretty regular for this entry. The latest is Update 5 (Ver. 15) which brings the returning Elder Dragon Amatsu, plus the powered-up monster Risen Shagaru Magala. June will also see a bonus update with a variant monster.
- The teaser trailer shares that this will be the “finale of Rise and Sunrbreak” but it won’t be going out quietly but with a “bang”.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Devs Announce Final Digital Event this June.
Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai
- The JRPG Dragon Quest series is extending its franchise even further. Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai is launching worldwide on September 28th for PS5, PS4, Switch, Xbox Series and PC.
- If you’re unfamiliar with this lengthy titled series, it’s originally a manga adaptation of the series that was first introduced through Shonen Jump. It then got an anime adaptation in 1991 and 2020. The main character was so popular, Dai made it into the fighting game Jump Force.
- While you might expect a turn-based title similar to other Dragon Quest titles such as Dragon Quest Heroes or Dragon Quest Treasures, Infinity Strash will be an Action-RPG.
- The game will offer two main modes, Adventure Mode and Temple of Recollection. Adventure Mode will follow the anime’s main arc from the start. While Temple Recollection will offer a more roguelike experience as dungeons will change each playthrough.
For more on this news find it here in Infinity Strash is a Dragon Quest Action RPG Based on the Anime/Manga.
Final Fantasy XVI
- A rumour of a Final Fantasy 16 demo releasing soon has popped up this week. Ahead of Final Fantasy XVI’s launch this month, posters on Reddit have reported to be seeing a demo listing for the game. Screenshots of the demo being in their game library have also added an odd twist.
- The thread shows FF fans explaining some have pre-ordered the digital version of the game and now can see a demo listing. It is not confirmed whether this is region based. Or whether it is a glitch that pre-orderers can now see this listing.
- Some theorise that this Final Fantasy XVI demo is supposed to coincide with Summer Game Fest. Maybe a hasty error of putting a “1” instead of an “11” was made, meaning it appeared earlier than planned. In the past Square Enix confirmed they would be releasing a demo at some point before launch.
- This could mean a Final Fantasy XVI demo is just around the corner. As we teeter on the brink of Summer Game Fest. But stranger still is why it’s only those who pre-order who can see the demo.
- Of course take this with a heavy dose of salt as the source is Reddit. With major gaming month about to kick off there are bound to be a lot of buzz and rumours. Either way, this is rather mysterious, maybe all will become clear during Summer Game Fest.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Final Fantasy XVI Demo Seen Listed on Playstation Store.
Xbox Fable Tease?
- Also did anyone see the short clip posted by the official Xbox account? The short clip looks to be teasing that something magical is afoot.
- The video shows an Xbox controller covered in glitter. Then the camera follows a trailer of a nightmarish amount of sparkly dust across the room (that will be in everything for months). Leading up to a desk which shows the Xbox Game Showcase logo. It teases that it “seems important”. The music also sounds awfully familiar, reminiscent of the original Fable soundtrack.
- In the past games of the series, players were given a trail of glitter to follow in order to reach their destination for a mission. A reboot is currently in development under Forza Horizon developer Playground Games. As the first reveal was a couple of years ago it would be great if saw an update on this at this year’s. Futhermore, we have yet to see any gameplay as development was early on when it was first revealed.
- Previously the Fable reboot was announced in 2020 during the Xbox Games Showcase. Not much was revealed apart from a comical teaser featuring a fairy soaring through a magical forest only to be gobbled up by a large toad. It confirmed the game was in development.
- Take this with a pinch of salt (or glitter), as nothing has been confirmed officially by either the publisher or developer for the Xbox Games Showcase. But we are definitely hyped for this year’s Summer Game Fest either way.
For on this news find it here in Rumour: Fable Reboot Reveal at Xbox Games Showcase.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: