Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
This Week in RPGs February 11th, 2024
This week in RPGs Dragon’s Dogma 2 gets a Fighter Vocation trailer, Lies of P gets crossover content with Wo Long, there’s an Elden Ring mobile game rumour, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth gets a closer look and more in this weeks news.
- During this week Steam’s Next Fest kicked off with many demos being released for numerous games. One of those games was the shape-shifter Action-RPG Coridden. It’s exactly as it sounds, you can switch from human to beast form to utilise their skills in combat or even just getting around.
- The game offers co-op so you can even hitch a ride on the back of a friend while they’re in beast form while you attack.
- Whether you want to concentrate on your beast form or human side is up to you as you gain new gear, abilities and even passive skills. You can even try out the adventure during Steam’s Next Fest as there is a demo. Coridden is expected to release in Q3 2024
- If you want more on this news or any news mentioned in this video the link is in the description below.
For more on this news find it here in Coridden An ARPG About Shapeshifting Gets Free Demo.
Granblue Fantasy Relink
- Granblue Fantasy Relink had a stellar weekend over on Steam even becoming the second best seller during its launch. It amassed over 100,000 players concurrently according to SteamDB, making it one of the most popular in its genre on the platform next to Monster Hunter World.
- At the time of this video was recorded it held second place after Palworld. In case you missed it Granblue Fantasy Relink is set in the same universe as the fighting title Granblue Fantasy Versus. The game is an Action-RPG which gains a number of fan favourites which you can team up with in a party. But you don’t have to venture alone as you can join forces with friends in co-op in Monster Hunter-style encounters.
- If you’re looking for the latest builds for Relink be sure to check out our channel and don’t forget to drop by our Granblue Fantasy Relink wiki for all the latest info.
For more on this news find it here in Granblue Fantasy: Relink Becomes Second Best Seller on Steam.
Crusader Kings 3
- Crusader Kings 3 is looking to have an amazing year looking ahead as Paradox has revealed a big roadmap that includes two large-scale expansions and DLCs.
- First up is the Legends of the Dead, which is labelled by Paradox as a Core Expansion. As the name Legends of the Dead suggests, the expansion primarily focuses on legends, providing players with opportunities to enhance their fame and solidify their rule’s legitimacy.
- All this is tied to new gameplay elements that’ll let players leverage their legendary status through new decisions and actions. Players can also hire an official court historian to document their legendary exploits, whether their fictional or not.
- Legends of the Dead will be released on March 4th which will be followed up by the Roads to Power expansion. This one focuses on the Byzantine Empire with a new form of Administrative Government. It will give options to roam the land as adventurer for hire.
- Also coming this year are the Wandering Nobles event pack and the Couture of the Capets cosmetic clothing DLC. These will be a part of the Chapter 3 expansion pass for $43.98 and available separately.
For more on this news find it here in Crusader Kings 3 Gets Big Roadmap Revealing Two Expansions Plus DLCs.
- Now for a rumour about Elden Ring. No this isn’t about the expansion Shadow of the Erdtree but it’s about a possible mobile game in development. According to sources close to Reuters, Tencent is developing a mobile game which will have a similar monetisation structure to Genshin Impact, being a free to play game.
- Tencent have been on the search for their next major game and have been looking at IPs such as Nier to bring to mobile. This according to the report was scrapped but they have their eyes on Elden Ring.
- Tencent has a 16.25% stake in FromSoftware’s parent company Kadokawa Corporation. When they made their investment initially they did not mention they would be developing a mobile game for Elden Ring at the time.
- Bringing AAA games to mobile isn’t completely unheard of, as Capcom brought the Resident Evil 4 Remake to phones just last year. But the concept of a completely different pricing structure for Elden Ring as described by the report seems at odds. Of course this hasn’t been confirmed by either Tencent or Bandai Namco, so for now take this with a pinch of salt.
- As for Elden Ring’s Shadow of the Erdtree expansion a small update was given this week through Kadowaka’s financial report. According to a FAQ section about the current status, for the DLC they are “working hard on the development” but “don’t have a release date at this time”.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Elden Ring Mobile Game in Development.
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- This week we got a closer look at Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth which got its own State of Play by Playstation showing off a number of new details. Along with the showcase was the reveal of a demo for PS5 which is now available.
- The new gameplay revealed showed a massive world map, which is made up of several areas joined together. Players can explore these lands on foot, by swimming, or even by riding Chocobos.
- Also showcased were the mini games both found throughout the world and those in the Gold Saucer. Players will be able to collect cards to use them in the Queen’s Blood card game.
- We got a look at the Bonds System which will be impacted by the choices you make. Getting closer to characters will mean you can go on date with them to the Gold Saucer. This will affect how they perform in combat, unlocking new synergy skills.
- Also shown were the differences between how characters get around in the world. Barret for example can shoot down things such as ladders. Tifa on the otherhand can use her grappling hook to bridge gaps.
- Are you excited for Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth after seeing more gameplay? Did you check out the demo? We have a video up on our channel if you want to know our thoughts on it.
For more on this news find it here in Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Gets Stunning Gameplay Reveal; Demo Available Now.
Lies of P
- A crossover between two soulslikes has appeared in the form of downloadable content. Available just in time for Valentine’s Day, Lies of P players will be able to get their hands on a free Wo Long Fallen Dynasty DLC that contains the Azure Dragon Crescent Glaive weapon, the Armor of the Honorable, and the Bandana of the Honorable. These free items will be available on February 14th for P to adorn and fight with.
- Previously Wo Long got a similar crossover with Lies of P, gaining the Puppet Sabre and Etiquette umbrella weapon.
- Developer Neowiz still has major plans for Lies of P as previously they revealed images of unseen locations as well as talked about a sequel. Wo Long won’t be getting a sequel but Team Ninja are working their next major Action-RPG Rise of the Ronin.
For more on this news find it here in Two Major Soulslikes Lies of P and Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Gain Crossover DLC.
Rise of the Ronin
- Speaking of Rise of the Ronin, the Action-RPG received a behind the scenes episode this week. It took a look at the different major cities set in 1800’s Japan. The video which appears on the Playstation Blog gives details about the Action-RPG’s three major cities Yokohama, Edo (which is today called Tokyo) and Kyoto. Players can experience each of these major places in an open world experience, where east meets west.
- The main story won’t be the only engaging narrative to follow as there are side activities such as Sumo missions that allow players to get to know the locals better.
- These can also help to make dangerous areas more safe by taking down rogues.
- Rise of the Ronin will rise on March 22nd as an exclusive for Playstation 5.
For more on this news find it here in Rise of the Ronin Gets Behind the Scenes Look at 19th Century Japan.
Dragon’s Dogma 2
- Capcom have been taking a look at the different Vocations coming Dragon’s Dogma 2. This time we get a look at the Fighter with some new gameplay in the latest trailer. The Fighter uses a sword and shield to powerfully lunge at enemies causing some real damage. They can also bash their shield to taunt foes to draw aggro.
- They can parry, strike down foes and even attack towering monsters like seen in the trailer. But swords aren’t the only weapon of choice as they can also take up a sickle to slice their way through enemies.
- Previously we got a look at the Warfarer Vocation. But unlike the Warfarer the Fighter is not exclusive to the Arisen. We were previously introduced to the Vocation Maisters who can teach new skills through Maister’s Teachings.
- Out of the Vocations you’ve seen so far which will you be playing when Dragon’s Dogma 2 comes out? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on this news find it here in Dragon’s Dogma 2 Showcases the Fighter Vocation in New Trailer.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: