Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network. Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Dark Souls 3
- Rumors from industry insiders are that Dark Souls 3 is running on the Nintendo Switch and that From Software is considering a re-release of the trilogy on the console if the console’s initial sales data is encouraging. Portable souls anyone?
- In confirmed news, tis the season for cliched ugly Christmas Sweaters and Bandai Namco gave some away this week. If you want Dark Souls on your body and you just don’t care how you look, these are the duds for you!
Final Fantasy XV
- In a post on the Square Enix blog, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata previewed some of the free updates coming to the game over the next few months.
- First, they are planning to add gameplay enhancements for the quests in Chapter 13, and to buff ring magic, as well as more tweaks. More specifics on what they will exactly change are on the way.
- Next, they’re planning to make some additions to the story, adding scenes that will give you new insight into character motivations, such as why Ravus walked the path he did. These will take more time due to localization and other language voice acting.
- In the long term, they are looking at making certain key characters playable, as well as considering the possibility of customizable avatars.
- Some other features they are considering adding:
- With all that on the way, it’s clear that players’ time with the game is nowhere near being done, even if you are nearing the end of your first playthrough!
- Koei Tecmo updated the official Japanese site for Nioh with a bunch of brand new screenshots for our viewing.
- The screenshots feature protagonist William and other characters taking on some new enemies, including the giant toad boss we witnessed during the gameplay demonstration in last month’s livestream. We also get a look at what seems like some new weapons and armorin freeze frame action.
- At the Playstation Experience over the weekend we also got a brand new trailer that teased even more never before seen stuff, and got the crowd appropriately hyped.
The Elder Scrolls Online
- Zenimax Online and Bethesda have released some details on the player housing feature coming to the Elder Scrolls Online. Called Homestead, the feature is arriving with the next update in February, 2017 or can be tried on PC in the Public Test Server in January.
- At launch, you will have access to nearly 40 unique homes. You will complete a quest to receive a small room at an inn and you can expand from there. The homes you can acquire are themed after the game’s 10 races and can come furnished or unfurnished. You can purchase any of them you’d like regardless of your race or alliance.
- Nearly all the homes can be bought with in-game gold. Unfurnished ones can be purchased with crowns or you can buy them for gold as well as complete an achievement that earns the approval to move into the neighborhood. You can also buy fully decorated versions in the Crown Store, and the furnishings can all be changed as you wish. The Crown Store will later have unique dwellings, like an island retreat. It’s all about that wish fulfilment.
- You’ll be able to craft decor using existing skills, purchase them with gold through merchants, or buy them in the Crown Store. Earning trophies from Veteran Arenas, Dungeons and Trials will grant you monster themed busts that you can display in your home!
- There are many more details so be sure to visit the Player Housing page on the wiki for more info and images!
Horizon Zero Dawn
- We got a look a new Horizon Zero Dawn trailer during the Playstation Experience that shows off the game in its stunning glory, running on the Decima engine that is also being used in Death Stranding. The vid takes a look at some of the machines Aloy is going to be hunting down.
- On Sunday, Guerrilla Games had a panel discussion about building the world of Horizon Zero Dawn. This game is starting to take shape as Sony’s must have for 2017.
- At the Playstation Experience, Destiny revealed the Dawning, a new event that will run from December 13th – January 3rd for players who own the Rise of Iron expansion.
- The event brings the following to players of the heavy hitter:
- The permanent return of the Sparrow Racing League
- New Quests
- New Equipment
- Strike Scoring
- No announcements on Destiny 2 just yet, but we can bet that’s not too far away!
Salt and Sanctuary
- Many Playstation Vita and Salt and Sanctuary fans will be delighted to hear that there finally is some progress regarding the 2D action RPG game coming to the portable console.
- As of PSX 2016, we now have official confirmation that the game is working on Playstation Vita, which is progress in the right direction towards launch on the platform hopefully in Q1 2017.
- Additionally, the official twitter account for Yasuhiro Kitao of Sony Japan’s PR team, shared a picture showing the game running on the Vita!
- We are very excited to see one of our favorite souls-like games coming to a portable platform soon.
- Absolver hit us with a new trailer at the Playstation Experience and they nearly stole the show, as for many this was the first look at the online combat RPG.
- Later, Pierre de Margerie from SloClap talked a little more at length about Absolver and ran through their gameplay demo!
- The game will be releasing in 2017 for the PS4 first with exclusive content and then later for PC. We’re looking forward to developing our martial art sparring skills!
- At the Playstation Experience, it was revealed that Square Enix’s upcoming Action RPG, Nier: Automata will release in the west on March 7th, 2017.
- They also released the details of the launch editions, a Black Box Edition that comes with lots of goodies including a figurine and a Day One addition with some bonus digital content.
- Square Enix also announced that a demo for the game will be coming to the PS4 on December 22nd for NA, EU and Japan.
- The demo will allow players to take control of one of the playable characters, 2B, as she makes her way through an abandoned factory and defeating a giant enemy inside.
Kingdom Come Deliverance
- Warhorse Studios released a new developer update video for Kingdom Come Deliverance, to bring fans and backers of the realism based RPG up to speed with everything related to the game’s development.
- It’s a long list of things that are getting finished up in the game, including quests, bug fixes, armor and weapons, and a lush symphonic soundtrack. Check the article on the blog for a full recap of the video!
- The video finished showing off some of the swag for backers and the collector’s edition of the game, including pressed coins, a statue and a sword. The collector’s edition can be purchased until December 31st on their official site.
- With the lengthy progress update, the game is heading into internal beta where all remaining bugs and features will be ironed out.
- If you want to learn more about the game, check out our first hand look during E3 as well as our interview with Warhorse Studios. We can’t wait to see more!
- We took a look this week at the Factions we’ll be encountering in the upcoming Scifi/Fantasy RPG, Elex from Piranha Bytes and THQNordic.
- The Berserkers are looking to offer the people of the world hope through the possibilities of magic.
- The Albs hail from the mountains of Xacor. They focus on harnessing the power of Elex for technological use as well as consuming pure Elex to become stronger, envisioning a future where the weak are sacrificed to make room for the strong.
- The Clerics use Elex to power their machines as guardians of the world’s technology, focused on the promise and hope that technology can bring to the land.
- The Outlaws are scavengers of the ruins of the past and have no allegiance to any of the other ideologies.
- The game’s open world is massive, and the locations differ geographically and thematically depending on the climate and the culture of the faction present. These factions will form a backbone for many of the interactions in the game.
- We put together a preview this week of the upcoming MMO Camelot Unchained from City State Entertainment.
- In the game players will choose their realm, fight for control and then work to rebuild the world.
- Players will be able to build, protect and fortify their own structures and siege, destroy, loot and pillage structures of other Realms.
- The game’s economy is similarly going to be player driven. Players will be able to play as a dedicated crafter class to gather, refine, and craft everything that they and their allies need. With no traditional auction house or shop system, the crafter class is being designed to play a vital and rewarding role in the game’s economy.
- In combat, the game will allow for ability combinations that can target players and structures. These abilities can also interact with other abilities to create additional effects. A fireball could hit a waterball to create a steam cloud, which can then be pushed over an enemy to do some unique damage.
- The Ability Building System allows you to create abilities with specialized Ability Components, which allow for a high degree of customization in how you want to play. You mix components based on the equipment you want to use, such as weapons, how you want to use it and extra modifications such as range or area of effect.
- The game will feature large scale battles as a focal point for the gameplay experience. Players will battle the enemy Realms on a scale from small skirmishes to massive battles featuring hundreds of players.
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun! Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: