Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Dark Souls 3
- Dark Souls 3 released a brand new gameplay trailer for the upcoming Ashes of Ariandel DLC. The trailer shows off the snowy environment we will be traversing as well as new enemies and bosses. You can check out the trailer here. Heavy spoiler alert! Those who want to stay in the dark should avert thine eyes.
- The new DLC is coming October 25th, which is only 30 days away! It’s bringing 15 new weapons, 4 new armor sets, 4 new spells and a dedicated PvP zone called the Hollow Arena. Excited?
- From Software President Hidetaka Miyazaki has confirmed that the developer is working on 3 new games, one of which is a new Armored Core. The other 2 are mystery projects, with one being in the vein of Soulsborne games and another described as a weird title. We can’t wait to see what they have in store for us!
- Destiny saw the release of the new Rise of Iron expansion this week.
- The expansion brings a whole new story, new strikes, a new raid which unlocked this past Friday, as well as new gear along with a light level increase.
- Seasonal events and Sparrow League racing are also on the agenda for the rest of the year, invigorating the player base as the game enters its twilight.
- Nioh has released the survey results from the latest beta demo. The player feedback they have gathered has been valuable in determining changes to the game. We can expect to see refinements to controls, skills, enemies, level design, loot and more as a result.
- The game is releasing February 9th, 2017 so it won’t be long before we see these changes in action.
The Witcher 3
- CD Projekt Red has stated that the Witcher 3 will not be receiving an update to support the PS4 Pro.
- The company is instead focusing their resources on their next games, Cyberpunk 2077 and the Gwent standalone game.
- A small hotfix hit this week for the consoles fixing some minor bugs.
- And speaking of Gwent, the game received a kill the servers stress test this past Friday. Codes were released through their Facebook and Twitter and were on a first come, first serve basis for players who registered for the closed beta. Although a much scaled down version of the full game, it did give players an opportunity to get a glimpse into its development.
- Another server test is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, so if you missed out, there’s still a chance to get in.
- The closed beta for Gwent is coming on October 25th and should feature even more cards and content. We’re looking forward to getting more hands on time with the game.
Horizon Zero Dawn
- We’re learning more about Horizon Zero Dawn as part of Game Informer’s continuing monthly coverage of the new Action RPG from Killzone Developer Guerilla Games.
- This week we got a look at the skills that protagonist Aloy will be using as well as some insights into how the game’s deep story will be uncovered. Guerrilla has been purposefully quiet regarding the story, because they want players to feel a sense of wonder when playing the game for the first time.
- Guerrilla also noted that the game’s RPG elements are supportive of the action framework rather than overwhelming or confusing. Players should expect the focus to be on exploration and combat instead of a complicated stat array to manage.
- Ubisoft is committed to righting the issues with The Division and have announced that the Public Test Server will be available for players next week on PC. The server will help test out new updates for compatibility before they go live for the public.
- In a further demonstration of their ongoing commitment, they have released a preview of the sweeping changes that the upcoming update will bring to the game. The tweaks are numerous, but the end goal is to bring about balance and give players a steady feeling of progression. We’ll be sure to monitor the developments.
- A new update for Overwatch is available in the public test region on PC. It brings some tweaks to several of the heroes like Ana, Widomaker and Junkrat as well as some general UI fixes. Check the patch notes on the wiki for the wrinkles it irons out.
- The official patch should roll out to all the platforms sometime in the near future.
The Elder Scrolls Legends
- The Elder Scolls Legends revealed their new monthly reward card for September, and it’s called Hist Grove, an Endurance card that helps boost your magicka as well as gives you the opportunity to play 2 beastly leviathans. If you’ve been seeing purple in your nightmares, this card is not going to change that.
- The intrepid card game also received an update this week, with some adjustments as well as the introduction of a starter pack in the store. Check the wiki for the full patch notes.
- Tyranny released a new video this week which walks us through spell creation. Players will be able to gather different sigils which they can mix and match to create different spell effects. Spells can even be given custom names.
- The video then took us on a dungeon crawl and showed off some of the combat and abilities as well as a look at artifacts, which are powerful pieces of gear that have their own reputation in game!
- We went hands on with the new action RPG The Surge, and had a blast playing this Bloodborne-esque mech game.
- Developer Deck 13 has evolved their formula significantly from Lords of the Fallen, and anyone interested in fast, fluid combat should keep an eye on this one. Did we mention you can hack the limbs off of foes and use them? Yeah there’s that.
- Check out all of our impressions in our preview article.
Happenings Around Fextralife
- The planned revamp to the forums has taken over! Check this thread for all the How To’s with the new layout!
- The new wiki software is humming along and needs feedback and suggestions. Give it a test run and let us know what you think in the New Wiki Software Beta Feedback Thread!
- Remember to pitch in and help making edits where you can, the wikis are the best community resource we have to help each other out and they’re the heartbeat of the site!
Hot Topics On The Fextralife Forums
- Songs to Listen to While Playing Soulsborne Games
- Are You Playing Lords of the Fallen? Share Your Impressions!
- Are You Buying the Dark Souls 3 DLC?
- Dark Souls 3 Make a Weapon Thread
- My Top 10 Fashion Souls
This Week’s Lotto Winner
- Community member Scar85 won this week’s community lotto, congrats on the victory!
- Gamble those souls! The Community Lotto draws every Wednesday morning and is a great way to quickly amass those lucrative souls and exchange them for items in the Item Shop or stash them in the Fextralife bank and become the most rich banker in the land!
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun. Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: