Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got your back. Let’s take a look at the comings and goings across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Dark Souls 3
- Dark Souls 3 Ashes of Ariandel released this week on PS4, Xbox One and PC and we were right there at launch jumping into the frozen land of Ariandel.
- The wiki is getting swole with all of the delicious info, including a full walkthrough of the location, as well as the stats and images of every weapon and piece of armor. We’ve got great boss videos up for the difficult big baddies in the game, so don’t despair! Lore hounds should check out the NPC pages for transcripts of their dialogues during their encounters. Basically, we’ve got you covered on every little thing!
- We are hosting a Holloween Arena night and a giveaway of 15 codes for the expansion. On Monday, October 31st at 9PM EST we’ll be hosting a livestream of some chaotic brawling in the Hollow Arena to see who is champion of the Undead Match! Don your best Fashion Souls, because it is Halloween after all! At the stream’s culmination at midnight, our contest will also come to an end and 15 lucky people, 5 from each platform will have won a copy of the expansion, courtesy of us and Bandai Namco.
- To register for the Giveaway, visit the DLC page and fill out the form. There are some easy extra steps you can take to earn more entries such as visiting daily and liking us on social media.
- We’ve been doing a fun walkthrough stream of it this week, giving everyone who hasn’t had a chance to play a firsthand look at the icy and brutal DLC. We’ve been dying hilariously and have yelled nooooo host more times than we can count! Check out the footage on our channel to see more!
Skyrim Special Edition
- Skyrim Special Edition released this week for players, giving current gen consoles a chance to experience the game in a remastered state as well as introduce them to the dynamic world of modding.
- PC players who already owned the prior version of the game were given a free upgrade.
- If you’re taking up arms as the Dragonborn, make sure you’re heading to the wiki for help with quests, weapons, skills, and more. The land of Skyrim is a vast one, full of countless nooks and crannies that we can help you explore.
- Check out the gameplay trailer below:
Final Fantasy XV
- Final Fantasy XV has officially gone gold, meaning that it’s finished, ready to go and will be arriving on November 29th. No more delays! The day is almost finally here!
- Square Enix also detailed some of the DLC content we are going to be seeing. The first 3 pieces of content included in the season pass will be episodic stories that follow each of the other 3 main party characters, Prompto, Ignis and Gladiolus. Players will be able to play as these characters and earn new gear that can be used in the main game.
- The 4th major DLC will be called Comrades and will be introducing 4 player multiplayer! The expansion will allow 4 people to take on each of the party’s roles and tackle some intense battles. This expansion will also be part of the Season Pass.
- Not done there, Square Enix also revealed the Omen trailer for the game, which is just another excuse to show off the game’s top notch production values. The CGI mini-film from the studio who made the Kingsglaive movie is a dramatic look at the events of the game and should get diehards appropriately hyped!
- The Festival of the Lost began for Destiny this week and brought the fall themed event back to the shooter. Just like last year, players can earn masks, loot and more for completing some holiday themed activities.
- A new update arrived this week in conjunction with the event, and it was mostly geared towards introducing the characters and features to make the event possible. Decorations were added to the social spaces, and the Eververse store was updated with some Halloween goodies.
- Tyranny shared a developer diary this week that explained Spires, the base mechanic players will be making use of across Terratus. Spires are structures that players can unlock and upgrade, and provide various fast travel functions as well as benefits to you and your party.
- Players can hire recruits, add facilities like an infirmary and forge and station trainers to improve the skills of your party members.
- Its all a bit of base management that should fit in nicely with the game’s core theme of progression.
- Gwent went into closed beta this week and players got a chance to get a look at a more complete build than we’ve seen at E3 or during the server stress test.
- The game has undergone some changes from how it appears in the Witcher series of games, with the aims of making it more balanced for serious competition and potential esports activity.
- For those fans who have seen everything there is in the Witcher series, Gwent may help with the withdrawal. Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red’s next big RPG is in the works, and who knows, maybe one day we’ll see another game in the Witcher series! Keep hope alive.
- Square Enix and Platinum Games showed off 30 minutes of Nier Automata gameplay this week. In this Action RPG sequel to the original Nier, we see several of the game’s playable characters performing some of the activities available to players, including riding mounts.
- We also got to see some of the support PODs in action, and got a look at the various tasks that these machine allies will be able to assist us with.
- Nier’s battle mode will have some interesting wrinkles in it for players. In addtion to dyanmic weapon based combat, the game will also feature an auto mode during combat, specifically designed for players who are unfamiliar or not strong with action games and want to focus more on watching the game’s story unfold.
Happenings Around Fextralife
- Wiki Cross Posting is here, bringing the comments on the forums and wikis into one lovely integration. Join the conversation!
- The planned revamp to the forums has taken over! Check this thread for all the How To’s with the new layout!
- The new wiki software is humming along and needs feedback and suggestions. Give it a test run and let us know what you think in the New Wiki Software Beta Feedback Thread!
- Remember to pitch in and help making edits where you can, the wikis are the best community resource we have to help each other out and they’re the heartbeat of the site!
This Week’s Lotto Winner
- No winner this week so the jackpot rolls over to next week!
- Gamble those souls! The Community Lotto draws every Wednesday morning and is a great way to quickly amass those lucrative souls and exchange them for items in the Item Shop or stash them in the Fextralife bank and become the most rich banker in the land!
That’s a wrap for the Week in Wikis, we’re looking forward to another great week of gaming fun. Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks for a great week and as always, keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: