Latest update for the The Surge 2 released this week bringing bug fixes and improvements, as well as new weapon pack for all.
The Surge 2 Update and Free Weapon Pack
The free Future Shock Weapon Pack for The Surge 2 adds four new devastating weapons which include the Golden Twin Blades, the “EFH” Heavy Duty Weapon, the Mangled Articulators Punching Gloves and Golden Harvest Double entry Weapon. You’ll need to hunt down enemies that wield them, defeat them to claim them for yourself.
These aren’t the only additions coming to The Surge 2, next week will unveil The Surge 2’s Season Pass details, this includes more weapons, implants, gear sets and a new storyline DLC set with “hours of content” according to the post on the Focus Home Interactive website.
There are also some fixes with the latest update for consoles and PC. These include crash fixes, Dynamic resolution fixes, nerfing Delver Echo in NG+, unlocking Swiss Army Drone in NG+, as well reducing the cost of Graffiti Tags from the merchant. For the full list of adjustments you can find them below:
PlayStation 4 & Xbox One only
- Fixed several texture issues
- Fixed a control issue with QWERTY keyboards for the spraycan drone
- Improved optimizations for different hardware drivers
- Texture streaming turned off on GPUs with 6 GB VRAM
- Very High texture settings forces higher LOD textures: game should look crisper
- Fixed an issue with auto-setting Dynamic Resolution (blurry textures by default effect)
- Several crash fixes
- Fixed blockers when interacting with some doors
- Fixes a crash when performing a finisher on NanoBeast’s bodies
- Fixed an issue where you would be stuck in Power Plant when trying to exit this area
- Fixed several issues with The Witness quest
- The new implant slot should now display correctly if you reach 100 Core Power.
- “Jump” and “Cycle Injectables” can now be bound after resetting key bindings to default
- Fixed an issue where you would receive multiple rewards from a single banner
- Fixed some localization issues
- Fixed an issue with R2 double tap
- [Balancing] Delver Echo in NG+ has been nerfed
- Fixed an issue where music volume would automatically reset or set to 0 when launching the game
- Adjusted “brightness” slider
- Fixed an issue with A.I.D. Centauri set bonus
- Fixed an issue where you would suddenly die in the Underground
- Swiss Army Drone can now be unlocked in NG+
- Reduced cost of Graffiti Tags from merchants
If you’re diving into The Surge 2 be sure to check out our guide section as you can pick up some useful tips, build guides and info for all your limb slicing needs. You can also drop by The Surge 2 wiki for all the latest info.
For more The Surge 2 content be sure to watch/read next The Surge 2: 10 Changes From The Prequel and The Surge 2 New Gameplay Footage Released. To find out all the latest info, be sure to drop by our The Surge 2 wiki.